Sponsored

Silver Painted Black Diamond Steel Wheels?

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone painted or have seen the 17" Steel wheels painted Silver (like the Base Model's silver steel wheels) ? I have had a sudden urge to paint my Black Diamond steel wheels silver but would love to see a photo. Ideally with the factory General Tires on them. I guess they would just look like the base steel wheels so I could just look at those but still . . .
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see people selling there base steels for like $50-$70 a pop for a set just do that instead and sell your black diamond wheels. Plus you can't scratch the paint off a base steel.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I see people selling there base steels for like $50-$70 a pop for a set just do that instead and sell your black diamond wheels. Plus you can't scratch the paint off a base steel.
Base are 16 x7 and have 255 street tires, BD is 17 x 7.5 and has AT tires in 265 but yeah, base steelies are cheap. So either you're buying more aggressive tires for a narrower wheel or painting/powder coating the black ones, all in how you want to spend your money.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be able to paint them cheaper and I would like to keep the General Grabbers I have now. Will post a photo if I end up painting them!

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base are 16 x7 and have 255 street tires, BD is 17 x 7.5 and has AT tires in 265 but yeah, base steelies are cheap. So either you're buying more aggressive tires for a narrower wheel or painting/powder coating the black ones, all in how you want to spend your money.
Can't beat pizza cutters!

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be able to paint them cheaper and I would like to keep the General Grabbers I have now. Will post a photo if I end up painting them!
Did you end up doing this ?

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't beat pizza cutters!

I know what you mean. After 15k miles, my mpg readout right now displays 19.8 mpg with my stock Black Diamond tires and wheels. All the Bronco owners I meet with gigantic tires get 16 mpg. Bigger tires provide more ground clearance but at a cost.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know what you mean. After 15k miles, my mpg readout right now displays 19.8 mpg with my stock Black Diamond tires and wheels. All the Bronco owners I meet with gigantic tires get 16 mpg. Bigger tires provide more ground clearance but at a cost.
I have been pretty happy with the stock BD tires and wheels. I am eventually going to be moving up to 35s on some take off SAS wheels I got for pennies on the dollar but I am in no rush. I am enjoying the better MPG and the unique look over every other Bronco at the moment.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been seeing 19.5mpg in mixed driving for the past few fill-ups, and that's on a stock Badlands with 37psi K02s, 7MT, and 93 octane. I'd bet with a less-restrictive muffler, a better FMIC, and full syn oil that I'd break 20mpg pretty easily.

Sponsored
OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)