Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was looking for a cheap air compressor with a 100% duty cycle and not particularly concerned about how long a fillup would take and got a great deal on a Viair 450C compressor. I didnt want to spend $250+ on a bracket for a $180 (to me) compressor and it took some figuring to decide on how I wanted to mount it in the engine bay and ended up with this.

Bracket was purchased from here: https://www.youngstowncycleandspeed.com/product/viair-compressor-side-mount/ for only $30.

It comes flat and is a 'bend it yourself design'. I opted to use it in a different configuration bending only the two tabs top and leaving the sides flat.

I then drilled some holes through the sheet metal lip at the back of the hood and mounted with 1/4" x 3/4" machine screws and a few washers as spacers to give it a bit extra clearance and ensure nothing is rubbing. Clearance is tight as you can see in the pictures but no rubbing so far. I will bolting a small bar onto the back of the bracket that will push out against the firewall to ensure that it does not vibrate/sag too much when desert running at high speeds.

Black wire grounded to the vehicle, red wire to a 40 amp relay that I wired to aux switch 6 (wanted to save Aux 1/2 for other items). Control is exclusively by switch, no pressure cutoff, no tank, and as of now I only run a MORRflate setup off of it to air up and down. Still need to route the output line to somewhere near the rear bumper.

The location does get hot but even after wheeling for 7-8 hours in the desert it still ran without stopping for filling my 35" tires from 18 PSI to 40 PSI in about 15 minutes.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else is looking for cheaper mounting solutions.

Ford Bronco Single Compressor Under Hood Mounting Solution IMG-3745

Ford Bronco Single Compressor Under Hood Mounting Solution IMG-3746

Ford Bronco Single Compressor Under Hood Mounting Solution IMG-3748
Ford Bronco Single Compressor Under Hood Mounting Solution IMG-3747

Ford Bronco Single Compressor Under Hood Mounting Solution IMG-3749
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s cool. Thanks for sharing. I really like that position in the bay. I’ve been running the Toolbox ARB - but, was considering mounting it to save space inside the vehicle.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good, nice job.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How long does it take to fill all 4 tires?

OP
OP
PleaseDontRoll

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 15 minutes from 18-39 PSI w/ the 35” SAS tires.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's a great compressor. Minimum size from ViAir that can fill a 35" tire and is very robust.

It does make me wonder about the trademarking and IP of that compressor bracket.... I seem to recall that there was a vendor on here threatening lawsuits if people made a bracket to fit an air compressor..... But what if ViAir was first with a compressor bracket????? :unsure:

billynup

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 base squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the tip, I was debating which compressor I wanted to go with and found a good deal on a 450 as well. now to order than mount!

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What vehicle is this mounted on?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What vehicle is this mounted on?
The OP has some sort of orange logo near their user name and posted this on Bronco6g.com

Just spitballing here, but I'm going to guess it's a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. FINAL ANSWER!
Sponsored