Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i would not do that after i watch this video. It my total your vehicle.

I assume you mean the discussion at the 4:00 mark saying damage to those is being considered frame damage because the crossmember is not available separately? I would make it very discrete if I hack them off so I doubt the casual observer would notice. Hey @flip is the transmission crossmember really not available for purchase? If that's a concern, maybe we could grab a 2.3L auto crossmember from a salvage Bronco and run it then swap back if the vehicle is to be sold? This does make me more interested in building one from scratch since I think there's some clearance to be had at the crossmember as well. Interesting.
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you mean the discussion at the 4:00 mark saying damage to those is being considered frame damage because the crossmember is not available separately? I would make it very discrete if I hack them off so I doubt the casual observer would notice. Hey @flip is the transmission crossmember really not available for purchase? If that's a concern, maybe we could grab a 2.3L auto crossmember from a salvage Bronco and run it then swap back if the vehicle is to be sold? This does make me more interested in building one from scratch since I think there's some clearance to be had at the crossmember as well. Interesting.
Ya both of those spots he talk about I didn't know that intel that video pop in my feed today.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to the catalogue, that is correct and same for the 2.3. If it has a shape or symbol it means part of the assembly, in this case, 5005 is the frame. Now, there are instances like in the pic with 5775C which is a shackle repair kit that can be purchased separately from the whole assembly. Since the trans cross member for both the 2.3 and 2.7 are shown apart from the assembly, my assumption is that they will be offered apart from the assembly at some point.

Ford Bronco Skidplates for frame supports? 1680865849593

I installed the raptor plate on mine which covers a good deal of the stuff in question but this is a 2.3 so no kickers. When my next one comes in it will be a 2.7 and get the same shield.
Ford Bronco Skidplates for frame supports? 1680865706923

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
According to the catalogue, that is correct and same for the 2.3. If it has a shape or symbol it means part of the assembly, in this case, 5005 is the frame. Now, there are instances like in the pic with 5775C which is a shackle repair kit that can be purchased separately from the whole assembly. Since the trans cross member for both the 2.3 and 2.7 are shown apart from the assembly, my assumption is that they will be offered apart from the assembly at some point.

I installed the raptor plate on mine which covers a good deal of the stuff in question but this is a 2.3 so no kickers. When my next one comes in it will be a 2.7 and get the same shield.
Raptor sheild covers the 2.7 kickers, Awesome! Part#?

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that they are aluminum too (less than half the weight of the RCI ones).
Aluminum may have been an option but the ASFIR cross member skids I got were definitely steel (as confirmed with a magnet). My ASFIR trans skid is aluminum.

PXL_20230408_035926604.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ford brackets on the 2.7 are just lazy engineering. The same thing can be accomplished with a round tube like Toyota does. Round tubes slide better over rocks too………
Wait for the aftermarket to make quality replacements for those monstrosities.
Toyota’s have rust issues, as seen in the pic:

Ford Bronco Skidplates for frame supports? B987D16D-18EE-4D54-BE01-907ADE2FA8FB

OP
OP

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

27k miles in 14 and half months, too and from Florida (1k too and another back) for Jeep Beach

its a beginners clutch imo, something to teach your friends and fam with, very easy and forgiving but also not jelly clutch like a mk2 audi tt. I dont know why anyone who wanted a manual would go automatic, especially when a few bolt ons would close the gap between the 2.3 and 2.7 (unless said 2.7 got similar mods)
Yeah, noticed that the kit stated aluminum, and just the arm skids as stainless steel. Either way, thanks for the pic. I have the ASFIR on order.

Down the road I plan to be adding the lower arm guards from ASFIR, trailing arm guards from ASFIR, rear diff skid from DV8, and the rear shock guards from DV8.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1680865849593.png

1680865706923.png
Raptor sheild covers the 2.7 kickers, Awesome! Part#?

@flip we need this part #!!!