First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my Base manquatch is coming in the next couple of months and I've already picked up Ford rock sliders
from a forum member. I ordered the mod bumper so I'll have the front bash skid and the engine skid.
I'm looking at JCR and Asfir for the Aluminum gas tank, transmission and transfer case skids.
I'm leaning toward JCR because of the American made and the free shipping.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can look again, but I'm pretty sure my gas tank has a skid already on 2 dr mansquatch mod bumper.

I'd have to check the transmission. But im pretty sure transfer case is unprotected.

I haven't been under that much. Just to instal rock sliders and hitch

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with the oem transfer case skid because it’s cheap. I chose the Asfir aluminum transmission and gas tank skids to save some weight and price was reasonable. Since you’re getting the 2.3 you don’t have those annoying cross member supports to worry about. Some larger transmission skids are designed to cover them up. Since that won’t be necessary for yours, the simple Asfir one might make sense

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got JCR skids on my 2-door and they’re well made and will allow you to slide over rocks since they‘re nicely fitted and stepped so they won’t catch while you’re driving forward. I chose the steel but I assume their aluminum are made with equal quality.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve used both brands without complaint. The JCR has a little better coverage on the transmission than Asfir, but believe it or not the Asfir will likely get here quicker and cost about the same as the take 50% off of shipping. Check JCR website for current lead times . Asfir typically Ships next day and arrives in about a week. My most recent shipment took 5 days from Israel to North Carolina

Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My passenger-side LCA bracket (where cam bolts are located) was badly bent during the last rock-crawling outing... to those who have a JCR or ASFIR (any RCI users out there?) engine skid installed, do either of these extend aft and is strong enough to protect the LCA brackets? The OEM bash plate apparently wasn't, as it bent/flexed on contact with the rocks, which continued aft to land hard enough on the bracket as to deform it just below the cam bolt - see photo below.

Thanks to members for any thoughts/comments, and to the OP for bringing up the topic of aftermarket skid plates.

Ford Bronco Skids plates PXL_20221102_182238662
Ford Bronco Skids plates PXL_20221102_182246721

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We have the JCR on one Bronco and the ford fuel skid on another. My only complaint with Jcr is it stops about 5” short of the trans cross member leave an area for a sharp rock to snag the front of the plate. The stock one goes all the way to the cross meme we and is bolted to it.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had the modular bumper as an option on our OBX and it came with the steel lower skid and engine skid. I wanted the transfer case and fuel tank skid but really didn’t like the aftermarket ones I looked at. Up here in Canada I could buy the complete skid pans (4) from Ford for just the price of the tank skid from Ford So I bought the complete set. Stamped 10 gauge and super strong imho.

5E3328D4-A9AB-469C-B180-F27B49DCB626.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the modular bumper as an option on our OBX and it came with the steel lower skid and engine skid. I wanted the transfer case and fuel tank skid but really didn’t like the aftermarket ones I looked at. Up here in Canada I could buy the complete skid pans (4) from Ford for just the price of the tank skid from Ford So I bought the complete set. Stamped 10 gauge and super strong imho.

5E3328D4-A9AB-469C-B180-F27B49DCB626.jpeg
Would it be possible for you to weigh the front three skid plates before installation? Considering replacing my steel ones with aluminum to save weight. The gas tank skid is not an issue for me since my two-door already has one.

Sponsored

Cygnusx1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayenne; Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my Base manquatch is coming in the next couple of months and I've already picked up Ford rock sliders
from a forum member. I ordered the mod bumper so I'll have the front bash skid and the engine skid.
I'm looking at JCR and Asfir for the Aluminum gas tank, transmission and transfer case skids.
I'm leaning toward JCR because of the American made and the free shipping.
Thoughts?
you will want the rear shock mount skids. I have those from Asfir and they work as intended.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would it be possible for you to weigh the front three skid plates before installation? Considering replacing my steel ones with aluminum to save weight. The gas tank skid is not an issue for me since my two-door already has one.
Sure. No problem
Front guard 20 lbs
motor guard 9 lbs
transfer case guard 10 lbs
fuel tank (4 door) 68 lbs

5E4DDA23-2766-4590-AC5E-4808E53C04C5.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score