Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So i was on the site today and noticed that the slide out tailgate was available when I was building an Outer Banks 4door. Is this new? It is one of the options I was really looking forward to.

Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate now live on Bronco builder 1643315298614
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not new, just a late 2022 availability item.

And just to get ahead of the questions in case Build & Price is completely messed up (which honestly is basically to get expected at this point):
  • No, you cannot get it on the 2-Door Bronco
  • No, you cannot get it on the Badlands trim.
  • No, you cannot get it with the full-body bash plates on the Wildtrak trim
  • On many of the trims, you cannot get the slide-out tailgate if you option in the Sasquatch package.
  • If you get it, it will prevent you from storing your doors in your vehicle due to the raised load floor

OP
OP
maade48

maade48

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not new, just a late 2022 availability item.

And just to get ahead of the questions in case Build & Price is completely messed up (which honestly is basically to get expected at this point):
  • No, you cannot get it on the 2-Door Bronco
  • No, you cannot get it on the Badlands trim.
  • No, you cannot get it with the full-body bash plates on the Wildtrak trim
  • On many of the trims, you cannot get the slide-out tailgate if you option in the Sasquatch package.
  • If you get it, it will prevent you from storing your doors in your vehicle due to the raised load floor
I hope they offer this as an aftermarket purchase soon. I spoke with my dealer yesterday 01/27/2022, and he gave me a very vague answer saying, "From what everyone has been telling me, tons of product is being produced and soon to be available for the Bronco. Both form Ford and aftermarket. I cannot give you anything specific, but I am sure you will be able to address any wants or needs after your Bronco comes in.

For reference, My Bronco modules popped yesterday so I am just waiting for it to ship.

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A member over on the other forum ordered the slide-out tailgate and has a build date of 2/14/22. So I would recommend adding it to your rig if you really want it. It may be only available as a factory install.

Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate now live on Bronco builder 7D8C9C2F-FF5E-414A-8817-4D5F94DED318

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is the purpose of the slide out tailgate? So you can sleep in the back and not have your feet hanging out? Any other reason? I see a lot of people wanting it but I can't figure out why.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the purpose of the slide out tailgate? So you can sleep in the back and not have your feet hanging out? Any other reason? I see a lot of people wanting it but I can't figure out why.
work surface or table when the rear is packed full for example. Also read it's supposedly strong enough to stand on, so for those with a roof rack it would be handy for loading/unloading.

I won't buy it, prefer to keep that area for cargo and eventually a drawer, getting a tailgate table and that'll be plenty, but it can be a handy thing. I'm not sure if/how you still can get at your storage underneath either, something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Our family does a lot of camping and we frequently do cookouts/tailgating at the beach while at our cottage during the summer. It will be nice to have a tailgate to sit on or to prep food. I’ll also be able to stand on it for better access to the roof rack.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would you access the Jack with the table installed?

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How would you access the Jack with the table installed?
I have no idea. Hoping the rockstars at Ford take that into consideration.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate now live on Bronco builder IMG_20220121_200002339
Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate now live on Bronco builder IMG_20220121_195943350

Reminder you can always make your own.
I need to eventually take some better pictures, but the person who made this before me made a prettier one as well. I'll eventually swap the plywood for something...better.

Edit these particular slides are rated for between 450 and 500 lb. I have sat on it and stood on it.

Sponsored

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

work surface or table when the rear is packed full for example. Also read it's supposedly strong enough to stand on, so for those with a roof rack it would be handy for loading/unloading.

I won't buy it, prefer to keep that area for cargo and eventually a drawer, getting a tailgate table and that'll be plenty, but it can be a handy thing. I'm not sure if/how you still can get at your storage underneath either, something to keep in mind.
Ok, thank you. That makes sense to me, I can see a use for it now.(y)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Slide out tailgate now live on Bronco builder IMG_20220121_195943350

I need to eventually take some better pictures, but the person who made this before me made a prettier one as well. I'll eventually swap the plywood for something...better.

Edit these particular slides are rated for between 450 and 500 lb. I have sat on it and stood on it.
I was just about to mention you! LOL.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How do you access the Jack or gas filling tube?