Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TLDR: looking for a 8-10,000lb winch shorter than 21” long and 7-8” height

Maybe you guys can help. I’m searching for a sort of compact winch that I can place behind my bumper in a hidden winch configuration. The hidden winch options out there won’t work on my bumper. I have the RC hidden winch mount in my garage that I’m hoping to modify.

With a relocated intercooler I have about 21” of clearance between the intercooler tubes, meaning I need a winch with a length shorter than 21”. I also need to have a relocatable control box because height is a concern. I’ve been researching the hell out of winches and it looks like competition winches are the only option. The warn 9.0rc would be perfect but they’re like $2k. So if anyone knows of a reputable short drum/competition winch with minimum load rating of 8k lbs send some info my way 🙏. Bonus points for wireless controller
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your minimum load requirements are what‘s killing you.

Have you considered a big ATV winch? You almost NEVER pull the GVW on your winch anyway. Most often it’s just that little bit of pull is all you need to get out of a mud hole or snow bank. Unless you are competing or into some serious off roading.

I’d take a 3K winch over no winch any day. And just deal with those rare scenarios where the winch just isn’t cutting it.

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you considered a big ATV winch? You almost NEVER pull the GVW on your winch anyway. Most often it’s just that little bit of pull is all you need to get out of a mud hole or snow bank. Unless you are competing or into some serious off roading.

I’d take a 3K winch over no winch any day. And just deal with those rare scenarios where the winch just isn’t cutting it.
I guess you bring up a good point. I don’t see the need for the 10-12k winches on these broncos but the rule of thumb is usually at least 1.5x your vehicle weight. Which in this case would be probably around 8k. You have to remember also, as the winch line spools, you lose pulling power

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

40 years ago in my youth I saw people getting unstuck with a come-a-long.

Most of us just couldn't afford a winch.

But sometimes you just need a big strong winch. And pulleys, and shovels, and friends....

Sponsored

n0xlf

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll stir the pot with my ATV winch creation:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-in-a-box-better-than-nothing-creation.72181/

timbal1963

Raptor
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB WT, 22&23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Here is a portable one that will work with multiple vehicles.

MileMarker
Sponsored