First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I know how one dealer got their hands on a shiny new first edition. Dealer called me out of the blue and asked me if I wanted a First Edition. Told the salesman that I still had one on order but asked what they were selling it for. He said, “$95,000”.

I told him thanks but no thanks (in my head there was a four letter word mixed in there). Out of curiosity, I asked the dealer how they procured a first edition. The dealer says the customer sold it back to them because the dealership offered a little bit over sticker and the buyer couldn’t resist. Naturally knowing the market they turned around and are flipping it for almost $30,000 over asking.

So if any of you fine folks have very deep pockets and want your car right now there is a first edition available in Northern Virginia.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the order placer took delivery, after which they are free to do what they want with their vehicle. They could have sold it privately asking whatever price they thought they could get. It seems to me the Ford dealership got a good deal, so more power to them.

That’s how a free market works.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's the problem?

The owner of the Bronco sold it to the dealership and they will sell it for market value.

Personally, I don't see the value in buying a FE, even at MSRP, but obviously many do, so why not see what the market brings? If my dealership offers me enough, I'd sell my BD back to them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saying if y’all wonder where dealers are getting the non “stock” variety, well there’s one possible answer. Do with that nugget of information as you will

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s a few on eBay people are asking almost 100,000 over msrp....crazy

OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For that you might as well take the money and buy two 2023’s

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I know how one dealer got their hands on a shiny new first edition. Dealer called me out of the blue and asked me if I wanted a First Edition. Told the salesman that I still had one on order but asked what they were selling it for. He said, “$95,000”.

I told him thanks but no thanks (in my head there was a four letter word mixed in there). Out of curiosity, I asked the dealer how they procured a first edition. The dealer says the customer sold it back to them because the dealership offered a little bit over sticker and the buyer couldn’t resist. Naturally knowing the market they turned around and are flipping it for almost $30,000 over asking.

So if any of you fine folks have very deep pockets and want your car right now there is a first edition available in Northern Virginia.
Man! That’s nuts! Still, I might want to go look at it at least just because I’m curious to see an FE in the flesh, since I’m in NOVA (McLean). What dealer was this?

OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Richmond Ford

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oceannomad

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Sneaky devils 9C8B5007-5821-4F76-94A6-D1B8CC7C2BA8
Ford Bronco Sneaky devils B0F30142-7DA0-4DEC-BB98-63BF7EEB45EA

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Hopefully the state's tax collector is getting his sales and other tax cuts on these transactions. Taxes will be paid 3 times on that vehicle before it even hits the street.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like the order placer took delivery, after which they are free to do what they want with their vehicle. They could have sold it privately asking whatever price they thought they could get. It seems to me the Ford dealership got a good deal, so more power to them.

That’s how a free market works.
That's obvious and no news to anyone. People can do things. Should they do things? Well, that's something else, and open for discussion.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was a pretty bad move on the original owners part. I would have sold it myself for 40-50 over sticker.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure there will be several people who order and walk away from their delivery with nothing… Leaving it with the dealer to sell. At least this customer made something out of it.
Sponsored