Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heres a good one. I went to one dealer here in SWPA back in August and was going to build one and we spec'd one out and was told they would see about submitting and let me know if it is accepted. Well I received a text from the dealer saying that your base bronco will be here mid Dec. I said huh? I never received an email from Ford saying that one was submitted or in production or anything and never got a response back. The dealer said just keep paying on your present car and saving to put money down when it comes in. I remember asking about a markup and they said that next to nothing. Now I do have one that is in production for Dec 6 because I never got any information from Ford about a Bronco through this dealer. I have a feeling that they submitted one that they wanted or a base and there is going to be a mark up or a walk away price only because they only have a mannequin right now and have not seen any others on their lot. I guess I can go see when it comes in. What say you??
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not seeing any on their lot is actually a good sign. Seeing a bunch of reservation customers rejects including ADM is a bad sign. They may have a car that was converted without an actual live customer and wants to try and connect you to it. Ask for a VIN and the folks here can help with a few behind-the-scenes information.

OP
OP
MikeyB

MikeyB

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not seeing any on their lot is actually a good sign. Seeing a bunch of reservation customers rejects including ADM is a bad sign. They may have a car that was converted without an actual live customer and wants to try and connect you to it. Ask for a VIN and the folks here can help with a few behind-the-scenes information.
I appreciate that

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heres a good one. I went to one dealer here in SWPA back in August and was going to build one and we spec'd one out and was told they would see about submitting and let me know if it is accepted. Well I received a text from the dealer saying that your base bronco will be here mid Dec. I said huh?
If you ordered a bronco without agreeing to price, you are at the mercy of the dealership. You can always walk away. I assume you didn't give them any money. Good luck.

OP
OP
MikeyB

MikeyB

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you ordered a bronco without agreeing to price, you are at the mercy of the dealership. You can always walk away. I assume you didn't give them any money. Good luck.
We never did anything because they were going to submit it and tell me if it was accepted or not so when I never heard anything I assumed that it did not happen. He just texted me and said that it was a glitch for he had one on order already and just attached my name to it but if I had actually built it I would have received emails. But when we sat down and did a build he said he noticed that he had one like that already on the way. I was like well why didnt just tell me that at the beginning. I cant remember what I asked for and if the one he had built was the same one that I did. I asked if it was a base and no response and I am think possibly because alot are getting the bases and building off of it. I can only check it out.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heres a good one. I went to one dealer here in SWPA back in August and was going to build one and we spec'd one out and was told they would see about submitting and let me know if it is accepted. Well I received a text from the dealer saying that your base bronco will be here mid Dec. I said huh? I never received an email from Ford saying that one was submitted or in production or anything and never got a response back. The dealer said just keep paying on your present car and saving to put money down when it comes in. I remember asking about a markup and they said that next to nothing. Now I do have one that is in production for Dec 6 because I never got any information from Ford about a Bronco through this dealer. I have a feeling that they submitted one that they wanted or a base and there is going to be a mark up or a walk away price only because they only have a mannequin right now and have not seen any others on their lot. I guess I can go see when it comes in. What say you??
I'm confused. Are you a reservation number who is now converting, or are you walking into a dealer and buying a Bronco from scratch? If its the latter, you should still have a copy of the order sheet and a price.

OP
OP
MikeyB

MikeyB

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm confused. Are you a reservation number who is now converting, or are you walking into a dealer and buying a Bronco from scratch? If its the latter, you should still have a copy of the order sheet and a price.
Ok Ill start from the beginning.

Scene 1: Sept 2021. I went to the dealer and wanted to order a Base Bronco. We did a build and they said that they will submit and we will let you know if Ford accepts it or not and we will call you. I left and never heard anything. No email from Ford for confirmation or anything. So I assumed that nothing was done

Scene 2: Sept 2021. I went to another dealer and ordered and received all the emails with a Dec 6 build week.

Scene 3: Nov 2021. Then I get an text from the first dealer saying that the Bronco we built back in Sept will be done soon and hopefully here by mid Dec. I said I never got an email saying it was confirmed or in production or anything so I am confused, was there a glitch? And they said no glitch. That they went to enter my build in and realized that it was basically the same build that they submitted for the dealer (Base Bronco) so they just attached my name to it (the one that they built). I am thinking why didnt someone tell me? So that is where I am at.

End Scene!!

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would tell the dealer that due to their lack of communication, you ordered from one that bothered to communicate with you, so they can keep their previous order.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok Ill start from the beginning.

Scene 1: Sept 2021. I went to the dealer and wanted to order a Base Bronco. We did a build and they said that they will submit and we will let you know if Ford accepts it or not and we will call you. I left and never heard anything. No email from Ford for confirmation or anything. So I assumed that nothing was done

Scene 2: Sept 2021. I went to another dealer and ordered and received all the emails with a Dec 6 build week.

Scene 3: Nov 2021. Then I get an text from the first dealer saying that the Bronco we built back in Sept will be done soon and hopefully here by mid Dec. I said I never got an email saying it was confirmed or in production or anything so I am confused, was there a glitch? And they said no glitch. That they went to enter my build in and realized that it was basically the same build that they submitted for the dealer (Base Bronco) so they just attached my name to it (the one that they built). I am thinking why didnt someone tell me? So that is where I am at.

End Scene!!
Thats a pretty nice problem if you haven't put any money down! What will you do?

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds sketchy
Sponsored