First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
considering making a deal with the dealer to just take this one and order a new one so I don't have the problems of the summer builds.
Sounds intelligent to me. Id rather someone else deal with the dead battery and old gas that's been sitting in the lines. 6 months is pushing it for non stabilized gas, beyond my range of comfortable.
I`d just rather have a "fresh" one, that one don't smell right
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for consolations, all. They've just sucked every last drop of joy out to the point where now, I really don't even care anymore. That's sad.
That's where I have landed Jeff. The thrill is gone, and the bloom is off the Bronco rose for me. I have no idea when I'll even get a sniff of a build date, so it just doesn't matter anymore. I'm riding this shit out until July, and if I don't hear any positive remarks from Ford (I mean anything, not just about mine) I'm probably going to move on. Life's just to short to worry about a damn new vehicle.

With that said, I hope you hear something soon brother. Knowing that Bronco is sitting somewhere for 6 months, and you don't know when it will arrive has got to suck.

I'll leave you with this.....

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is yours built, Jim? Here I thought you were delivered....other than the boys stuck in Portland, thought I was last out, not even shipped yet.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1st World problems…

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is yours built, Jim? Here I thought you were delivered....other than the boys stuck in Portland, thought I was last out, not even shipped yet.
No sir, not built. When Ford changed the allocatin formula I was screwed, blued, and tatooed. Too many ordered, and too few allocations put me way out there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Headsong , hope Ford finally delivers for you soon -
- when they deliver it, maybe share a photo of the engine label - (see photos in 2.7L Blown Engine Tracking thread)
- we'll be able to tell if your engine build-date is worrisome -
- or tell if your engine was replaced already -
- and to find the thread easily, if you click FORUMS in the top menu, it seems the Admins made the Tracking thread a 'Sticky' under Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls - unbeknownst to me -
- in the engine tracking we have 22 of the Julian build-dates so far, and 20 of them are in this worrisome '2-month Containment' range below - currently 159 thru 224 - still w a 25-day 'clear gap' in the middle -
Blown 2.7L ebds - 2mo Contain - 2022.Jan.28.png
Yeah, I found it all, Joseph, and printed some pages. I figure the first thing I'll do is pop the hood and check the date. Thx for your work!

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I’ve never gotten an adequate explanation of:
- if one gets the “shipped” email, is it really on its way to dealer or maybe just to Dirt Mountain? Mine has been “shipped” for 5 weeks now and EDD keeps getting pushed back. My dealer is one of those who is either unwilling or unable to pursue shipment details (rail car #, etc).
It would be nice to know if I really have a chip-complete vehicle on its way or if still in MI.
Has anyone here gotten the “shipped” email and then found their vehicle is still awaiting a chip or some such?

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

- if one gets the “shipped” email, is it really on its way to dealer or maybe just to Dirt Mountain? Mine has been “shipped” for 5 weeks now and EDD keeps getting pushed back. My dealer is one of those who is either unwilling or unable to pursue shipment details (rail car #, etc).
It would be nice to know if I really have a chip-complete vehicle on its way or if still in MI.
Has anyone here gotten the “shipped” email and then found their vehicle is still awaiting a chip or some such?
No, once you get the "built ' notification, it's done. Then it sits in a different lot waiting for shipment.. After that.....?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, once you get the "built ' notification, it's done. Then it sits in a different lot waiting for shipment.. After that.....?
Thanks, that helps….but does a “shipped” email mean shipped or maybe just sitting MAP adjacent I wonder?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you run your VIN through United Road? Maybe it's sitting at the rail yard. My dealer wouldn't give me the car either but I correctly guessed it was on another member's car and tracked it all the way to the rail yard.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you run your VIN through United Road? Maybe it's sitting at the rail yard. My dealer wouldn't give me the car either but I correctly guessed it was on another member's car and tracked it all the way to the rail yard.
Don’t know how, but will search function that - sounds like a job for my IT Dept and she’s tired these days from her job as a nurse on a COVID unit.
Just wonder if anyone has gotten “shipped” only to find it really was not.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t know how, but will search function that - sounds like a job for my IT Dept and she’s tired these days from her job as a nurse on a COVID unit.
Just wonder if anyone has gotten “shipped” only to find it really was not.
If you want to PM me your VIN I'll run it, saves some hassle getting an account set up.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Screenshot_20220125-210408.png
I'm so discouraged. It's 6 month birthday was Sunday. Now more delay.
Harsh let down indeed. It's probably a QC issue, so be glad they caught whatever they caught. Not to mention that be super thrilled that you were 6 months from order to delivery. I waited easily over a year and 6 months for a Base auto 2.3l. Others are still waiting that were day one orders.

Still, harsh to think it's coming in Jan. and then have to wait another month.
Sponsored