Sponsored

So does anyone plan on just getting the soft top?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mind the soft top aesthetically.

But I do worry about theft; idiots tearing the top to get in, and the windows yellowing.

A privacy partition over the trunk would alleviate some of that for me.
Did you see the overland at SuperCel? I plan on that trunk/rear cargo cover with soft top if I go 4-door.

I'm almost forced to go 4-door, because I know that if I have a hard top, I'll want the rack and then it's never coming off. I need a Bronco for topless driving.

Who cares about the grey hardtop? (/s) No soft top on the 2-door is the real tragedy.
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you see the overland at SuperCel? I plan on that trunk/rear cargo cover with soft top if I go 4-door.

I'm almost forced to go 4-door, because I know that if I have a hard top, I'll want the rack and then it's never coming off. I need a Bronco for topless driving.

Who cares about the grey hardtop? (/s) No soft top on the 2-door is the real tragedy.
Yea I saw the video with the partition.

But that's the thing I love the idea of a soft top, but I like the overall security, looks and actual glass windows.

Another thing I wonder, is the back window zippered? I'd want the ability to store longer things in the back and the glass hard top would allow me to do that.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if you dont live in a snowy environment, where snow spray gets kicked up on your rear windshield, how often would you even use a rear wiper/washer?
Good point, I don't have one on my Taco either, so maybe it's a non issue. And as the next post mentions some Ford person told them it's all there regardless of top (smart move, always found it odd that Jeep doesn't do that - or do they now?).

That takes my last decision problem off the table, I'll go soft top only to start with, I want a convertible and I'd never add a roof rack or RTT, defeats the purpose of open air.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys will learn quick if you don't take us Jeep owners serious. I'm not joking when I say, if you have a soft top on your Bronco, do NOT lock your doors. Obviously you shouldn't be storing valuables in the Bronco, but you would rather a thief just open the unlocked door than to slash your top/windows. Window kits don't come cheap.

I have a security trunk in the back and valuables are in there with the tailgate being locked, but nothing of value in the front besides what's inside the under the seat security drawer.

EDITED: I'm also someone who had their soft top windows, front & rear oem bumpers, stereo & steps removed from my jeep in a nice gated community while living in FL. They accessed the inside by slashing the driver-side window and then realized, why don't we just removed the window Lol. I couldn't buy just 1 window, had to buy the entire window kit.

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I saw the video with the partition.

But that's the thing I love the idea of a soft top, but I like the overall security, looks and actual glass windows.

Another thing I wonder, is the back window zippered? I'd want the ability to store longer things in the back and the glass hard top would allow me to do that.
It looks like, from pics and trail vids, the back three windows may zip out in one section.

I had a Jeep soft top and never had it slashed, but some people live in higher risk areas.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear (plastic) window in the soft top flips up like the hard top. That was in Ford's initial press release, but they haven't shown it yet.

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plan on soft top only, its a third vehicle and not a daily driver. Hoping the pictures we have seen lately look like the production top, because in my opinion it looks great. Anything has to look better than the weird soft top on the JL.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford really needs to step up and give us more detail around the soft top. While we've seen lots of pics of the HT's, and videos of panel removal/installation, there's a real dearth of hard (haha!) info on the soft top. I'd like to see it being unlatched and folded back as well as a basic overview of complete removal and installation. If I ordered today it would be a MIC HT (Badlands) but if I knew more about the ST I might be swayed to stick with it. For comparison if I was ordering a JLUR today it would be ST only (premium twill).

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good point, I don't have one on my Taco either, so maybe it's a non issue. And as the next post mentions some Ford person told them it's all there regardless of top (smart move, always found it odd that Jeep doesn't do that - or do they now?).

That takes my last decision problem off the table, I'll go soft top only to start with, I want a convertible and I'd never add a roof rack or RTT, defeats the purpose of open air.
Yeah if thati s true that you
The rear (plastic) window in the soft top flips up like the hard top. That was in Ford's initial press release, but they haven't shown it yet.
This will be cool if so. This was my #1 complaint about the JKU soft top, having to unzip the rear window to access the cargo area.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah if thati s true that you

This will be cool if so. This was my #1 complaint about the JKU soft top, having to unzip the rear window to access the cargo area.
Even worse on the JL because you have to slide the thing out and it can't be rolled up like every previous Jeep

Sponsored

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know if there will be an option for the 4 door from someone like BestTop that includes a soft top over the from 2 rows but allow us to leave the MIC over the rear? I couldn't find anything like this they offer for the Jeep - but wondering if because the Bronco has a 3 piece already this might be doable?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know if there will be an option for the 4 door from someone like BestTop that includes a soft top over the from 2 rows but allow us to leave the MIC over the rear? I couldn't find anything like this they offer for the Jeep - but wondering if because the Bronco has a 3 piece already this might be doable?
They showed the Bestop Sunrider for Hard Top on the "fishing guide" concept and it only covered the front seats like a Jeep. Seems like a wasted opportunity if they don't make a bigger one that stretches over the back seats too.

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll probably get the soft top. I'd like a hard top but I can spend that money elsewhere.

I live in new England but with heated steering wheel and seat from mid package I don't think it'll be an issue and I would get that package even if I got a hardtop.

FTFRS

Itā€™ll probably take B&P for me to decide, but itā€™s a possibility that I just take the soft top to start.

I definitely want the soft top, because thatā€™s probably what Iā€™ll keep on during the summer, but I want a white hard top for winters. If I canā€™t get a white top from the factory, Iā€™ll probably just go soft top only and wait to see what the aftermarket comes up with, because Iā€™m sure somebody will. Bonus would be if an aftermarket company comes up with a white top that has increased rack capacity over what stock tops have been stated as so far.

Or, if a black painted dual top option is reasonably priced, then I might do that and try my hand at wrapping it white by myself, because Iā€™ve always wanted to try wrapping.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The most recent soft top pic looks good. black color and good fitment but I probably need to go hard top for the roof rack.
Sponsored