Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember walking up to a couple 93 mustang cobras sitting behind the fence at a local dealership. I noticed that it didn't have a radio, the antenna hole was plugged and there wasn't a back seat. I was thinking to myself "wth?" Shortly thereafter, I found out that they were cobra R's. 107 built......I went back the next day and they were gone. Wish I took pictures but eh um......
1993. Didn't have my instant camera with me......
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Having a limited production vehicle isnā€™t all itā€™s cracked up to be. I had a 95 Lightning which was a limited production vehicle. Try getting the limited produced parts after 15 years. Any NOS part becomes a highly valuable commodity. The center caps on the wheels fell off rather easily. They became crazy expensive until LMR reproduced them and even those were not exact. Same with many of the other special parts. Maybe parked in the barn is the best place for safe keeping but not the most fun.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He said several people that belong to the same car club he did keep asking him if he wants to sell it. I have no idea. Iā€™m a truck guy and could give a shit about cars. But this one sounds interesting. Put it this way, Iā€™ve gone faster on my snowmobile than I have in a car.
102 mph in the snow? You are crazy.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If there were just 3, as the "old" (might be younger than me) dude said they could be show cars that were supposed to be crushed. There was a guy in Detroit that was able to buy up most GM oneoffs before they were crushed.

Or think about movie cars where they used to build only a small handful

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm betting a Costco hot dog that @mpeugeot cracked it earlier, given the details.

I think the last really sought after vehicles Ford made (outside of the GT and CobraJet for race teams only) were in 2004; the Mystichrome Terminator Cobra, and the SVT Lightning.

Everything since then Ford has been willing to make a bunch of to sate demand. I don't blame them... well, those who didn't make 7 figures plus.

There are 7,000 First Editions. I love them, but that just made it so VIN001 is the only collectible for 20 years and then all ICE vehicles will be in barns haha.

Ford should release a limited run Bronco produced in the amount of years they've been in business. My suggestion is a 2-door with the 3.0L and 40s but not taller than a "plain" Sasquatch just special fenders like the Everglades. Jeep made a concept like this with their Wrangler years ago. No top but a serialized JTops bimini.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm betting a Costco hot dog that @mpeugeot cracked it earlier, given the details.

I think the last really sought after vehicles Ford made (outside of the GT and CobraJet for race teams only) were in 2004; the Mystichrome Terminator Cobra, and the SVT Lightning.

Everything since then Ford has been willing to make a bunch of to sate demand. I don't blame them... well, those who didn't make 7 figures plus.

There are 7,000 First Editions. I love them, but that just made it so VIN001 is the only collectible for 20 years and then all ICE vehicles will be in barns haha.

Ford should release a limited run Bronco produced in the amount of years they've been in business. My suggestion is a 2-door with the 3.0L and 40s but not taller than a "plain" Sasquatch just special fenders like the Everglades. Jeep made a concept like this with their Wrangler years ago. No top but a serialized JTops bimini.
Only other limited run Bronco I want to see is a 2 Dr Warthog.

In my vision and likely many others, this would be a 3.0, or if the stars aligned, a 5.0! 37s, cool fenders that are different than those on a Raptor, Recaro seats, a fancy suspension from some limited partnership, model specific front and rear bumpers and rock sliders, and either some funky paint or graphics.

Basically, almost the KOH editions, but look more like the Fun Runner from the RTR Fun HAVER crew.

I doubt this would happen and in todayā€™s money, weā€™re talking maybe $90K, but itā€˜s nice to dream.

Another path would be a hybrid version of the 2.7 with a plug in for boost power. Know thatā€™s controversial around here, but canā€™t argue the power is better than that of a turbo.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The guy could have BS'ing too, just because he said there were only 3 doesn't make it real. Next time I'd definitely get a pic and see if he's exaggerating or on the money.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having a limited production vehicle isnā€™t all itā€™s cracked up to be. I had a 95 Lightning which was a limited production vehicle. Try getting the limited produced parts after 15 years. Any NOS part becomes a highly valuable commodity. The center caps on the wheels fell off rather easily. They became crazy expensive until LMR reproduced them and even those were not exact. Same with many of the other special parts. Maybe parked in the barn is the best place for safe keeping but not the most fun.
Saleen owner, can confirm. If I were ever to buy another such vehicle new, id factor into the budget buying extras of all the unique parts.[/QUOTE]

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there were just 3, as the "old" (might be younger than me) dude said they could be show cars that were supposed to be crushed. There was a guy in Detroit that was able to buy up most GM oneoffs before they were crushed.

Or think about movie cars where they used to build only a small handful
I'm guessing you didn't read the article that explained who built these?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
probably lying...I did have a 1995 Comp T/A Trans Am, hence my username, which was car #38 of 168 built over 3 years. I believe mine was only 6 with its particular options for that year. I sold it to a good buddy for an amazing price(for him) to free the garage space for our Bronco. It was identical to this one.
Ford Bronco So I told an old guy about my Raptor. 97pont94390-1

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mic top technology, has some cracks and leaks so he has to keep it in garage..

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe he has a preproduction version of the rumored 26 Raptor Mustang.šŸ˜†
Ford Bronco So I told an old guy about my Raptor. 97pont94390-1
I would probably trade my Bronco for this if it was real. Dakar 911s are awesome.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. My first NEW car was a 2000 Contour SVT. Loved that thing. But because of the low numbers if any of the special parts needed replacing more than average you were hooped. The rocker panel had a removable insert for jacking. They would get heavy with sand and water and fall off. All of them needed the insert - Ford just said not availableā€¦
Ford Bronco So I told an old guy about my Raptor. 1682367329393

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Had a 2002 Lightning and a 2003 Mystichrome Cobra. Fun times.
Sponsored