First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've decided on a 4-door but the more I see 2-doors the more I'm thinking I can make it work... at this point i was at 100%, but now i'm 80/20 for 4 vs 2 door.

For the trim levels it's down to two:

What I love about BD:
-BD Grill
-Interior two-tone colors are sharp
-Sport mode available
-Cost savings
-Rear lockers (don't need front lock or sway bar dc)
-available advanced 4WD
Would like to add 2" factory lift if available and 33" tires (either buy the BL stock tires/rims or aftermarket. Either rims and tires or just get 285/70/17 tires on stock steelies.

What I love about BL
-Mid and High package available with manual
-the wheels. Love the 33" stock wheels and height
-Includes advanced 4WD
-Includes higher rear gears
Would like to swap grill for BB grill and add graphics

I have decided on a BL for now only because I want the mid package with a manual. Primarily for the heated seats and dual zone AC/Heat. If for some reason, Ford opens up the mid package/manual on the BD I'm switching back. Hey the FE guys are getting black seats so you never know. Anyway, that would be my wish list.

What do you love about your trim level and what changes will you immediately make?
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love everything about the bd, except the exclusion of fog lights. I hope ford or aftermarket comes out with some that fit in the open spots in the bumper.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the bang for your buck on the BD. Agree the two tone interior is nicer than all black on BL. Would add mid pkg if they made it available with manual, possibly change to 33s. 2 door BD all the way for me

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the value of a BaseSquatch. Got tired of forecasted delays, so I dropped the ManSquatch idea for the 2dr 2.7/auto, loaded it out with all the stuff I wanted ....$40 to 42k.

Though recently I've built some cost effective 2 and 4 dr Big Bends and a few Black Diamonds. Squatch is not a possibility on those however....if you do, you might as well get the non-Squatch Badlands for a few dollars more. ??‍♂

If they included MID package in that $5000 trim level penalty, I'd be all over it. It just seems like a rip off to me otherwise.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love the value of a BaseSquatch. Got tired of forecasted delays, so I dropped the ManSquatch idea for the 2dr 2.7/auto, loaded it out with all the stuff I wanted ....$40 to 42k.

Though recently I've built some cost effective 2 and 4 dr Big Bends and a few Black Diamonds. Squatch is not a possibility on those however....if you do, you might as well get the non-Squatch Badlands for a few dollars more. ??‍♂

If they included MID package in that $5000 trim level penalty, I'd be all over it. It just seems like a rip off to me otherwise.
Im seriously considering base squatch 2.7 with the "capable bumper" for the fog lights, but thos tires havent been through winter yet, so it makes me nervous.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've decided on a 4-door but the more I see 2-doors the more I'm thinking I can make it work... at this point i was at 100%, but now i'm 80/20 for 4 vs 2 door.

For the trim levels it's down to two:

What I love about BD:
-BD Grill
-Interior two-tone colors are sharp
-Sport mode available
-Cost savings
-Rear lockers (don't need front lock or sway bar dc)
-available advanced 4WD
Would like to add 2" factory lift if available and 33" tires (either buy the BL stock tires/rims or aftermarket. Either rims and tires or just get 285/70/17 tires on stock steelies.

What I love about BL
-Mid and High package available with manual
-the wheels. Love the 33" stock wheels and height
-Includes advanced 4WD
-Includes higher rear gears
Would like to swap grill for BB grill and add graphics

I have decided on a BL for now only because I want the mid package with a manual. Primarily for the heated seats and dual zone AC/Heat. If for some reason, Ford opens up the mid package/manual on the BD I'm switching back. Hey the FE guys are getting black seats so you never know. Anyway, that would be my wish list.

What do you love about your trim level and what changes will you immediately make?
Badlands has lower gear options, not higher.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im seriously considering base squatch 2.7 with the "capable bumper" for the fog lights, but thos tires havent been through winter yet, so it makes me nervous.
I hear ya, I run winter tires on our Subarus. I figure I'd run them and see how they do, if they suck, I'd have a reason for aftermarket wheels and snow tires. LOL

I move the summers to the "cooler looking" new rims and put the winters on the OEM wheels.
I guess the Bronc leaves the option for winter steelies!! ....and teh Squatch wheels are cool enough for me.
My trucks have had AT's of one type or another and they always seem to suck on take offs on hard pack or icey stuff. Hated switching in and out of 4X more than I hated getting dusted by EVERY other car at the light! LOL
They went like hell through the snow though!!!!

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hear ya, I run winter tires on our Subarus. I figure I'd run them and see how they do, if they suck, I'd have a reason for aftermarket wheels and snow tires. LOL

I move the summers to the "cooler looking" new rims and put the winters on the OEM wheels.
I guess the Bronc leaves the option for winter steelies!! ....and teh Squatch wheels are cool enough for me.
My trucks have had AT's of one type or another and they always seem to suck on take offs on hard pack or icey stuff. Hated switching in and out of 4X more than I hated getting dusted by EVERY other car at the light! LOL
They went like hell through the snow though!!!!
Yeah thats my fear, is the winter tires, i bought them for my focus last wear, but 25 inch tall tires a lot cheaper than 35 inch winter tires. For me, it just seems like BD strikes a better balance of what i actually need. im short, so 35 inch tires wont make getting in any easier (vs the 32 atx's), and the vinyl seats and rubber floor sounds nice. Im not to concerned about body mounted rock sliders, as I doubt im ever gonna take it rock crawling. Its a tough call, I enjoy a lot of the things the BD offers including mid, but in the end, i gotta figure out if 42k is worth it compared to 37 or 38

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone worried about the MT 35s as winter tires, I’d expect a lot of take off steelies showing up on eBay and CL for cheap that could be wrapped with a good winter tire

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love that a 2DR Basemansquatch is $38k OTD With almost all of the capabilities of any other trim minus some tech and cosmetics.
Sponsored