First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went to the dealer today. The service bulletin posted above is the current fix for the broken clips. The dealer said the rivets to fix the issue are out of stock. They are going to call me when they can get the part in. For now they put crash tape over the gap to keep water out.
Sponsored

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Soft Top Roof - Loose Exterior Fabric On Rear Window
22-2055
21 February 2022​
Model:
Ford
2021-2022 Bronco
Soft top roof

Issue: Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles equipped with a soft top roof may exhibit loose exterior fabric on the rear window assembly. This may be due to broken D-pillar clips on the rear window. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to replace the D-pillar clips with rivets.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to repair vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

How are they going to get rivets in behind the fabric? I am looking at the crappy clips now, not seeing it. Maybe when they're broken and they can lift the material up?

BigJack

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How are they going to get rivets in behind the fabric? I am looking at the crappy clips now, not seeing it. Maybe when they're broken and they can lift the material up?
They showed me the diagram for how it is fixed. There is a piece of fabric that is folded underneath. That is where the clips are located. They drill holes in the fabric and push the rivets through into the plastic.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For whatever reason the copy and paste function doesn't like the TSBs. This is not the complete procedure so don't get worked up about the proposed fix. That said, we've had one with this problem which was replaced before the TSB came out. Basically, they fold the fabric back and rivet through the seam which is then folded back over hiding the back of the rivet. Cheesy? Maybe but this is how they want them fixed now. If this isn't a durable repair the procedure could be modified or scrapped in favor of a replacement if a new design is made.

Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs 1646741900706

Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs 1646741833343

Ford Bronco Soft top broken tabs 1646741861094

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer I just went to for this is denying it as a warranty issue, even though I pointed out there's an existing TSB. Said they "can't determine what is happening without taking the whole top off and doing a full teardown of it. My manager recommends taking it to the dealership you bought it from," which is 5 hours each way. @flip hoping you've got some advice.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer I just went to for this is denying it as a warranty issue, even though I pointed out there's an existing TSB. Said they "can't determine what is happening without taking the whole top off and doing a full teardown of it. My manager recommends taking it to the dealership you bought it from," which is 5 hours each way. @flip hoping you've got some advice.
This is just the rear window, not whole top. That is the standard, "yea, that looks like it could turn bad/doesn't pay enough to do/don't have a tech capable of doing", answer.

The repair is sketchy and the one window we did replace, Ford called back for inspection well before the TSB came out.

Ford has us by the short hairs on this meaning we attempt the repair and it doesn't work or mangle it, it's on the dealer. I wish we had a couple of these sitting around to practice on because this really looks like it could go bad.

My suggestion is to try and find another dealer in your area that will look at it, call around.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post a couple pics. I'd like to see how bad it is.

bumyoon

Heritage
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition 4-dr manual.
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I almost made the same mistake when taking off the top this past weekend. Luckily I stopped as soon as I heard something resembling a snap. Pretty sure I snapped off part of the clip on the very top on the passenger side. The BNation does not show how to "unhook" the D pillars prior to sliding them out.

It's a failure on engineering part when a part that can be handled on a daily basis be made so weak. They definitely need a fix for this as I don't think they can fault any owner for tearing these up. Even removed properly, I'm sure they'll eventually fall apart.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

j50gt

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To those saying "learn to take the top off", mine has two broken tabs and I've never even attempted to take the top off, the weather has been too cold. It's clearly underdesigned.

Last edited:

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ended up just using glue and it has worked pretty good so far.

BigJack

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I saw some comments about these clips breaking when you take the top off but that wasn't the case for me either. I believe they broke after i propped up the top so i could put something in the trunk. The clips have room to move where they connect to the plastic.

Anyway my dealer is fixing it but apparently cannot get the rivets in to do it. I called today and they can't tell me when they will have them.
Sponsored