James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never owned a soft top vehicle and sort of thought they would be a nuisance. But, I live in southern california so the winter's aren't a concern. I was really just curious about the noise on highway levels but from everything I can tell...it sort of seems like they're very similar?
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a soft top, never owned one before but love the versatility of the soft over the hard top.
I originally ordered a 2 door WT but later changed to a 4 dr BL mainly to get the soft top and luckily got a build and a VIn..

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I heard the Bronco was coming back I hoped for a soft top. When it was confirmed, I knew that was what I wanted. I used to take the hard top off of my 80 Bronco in the early 90's by myself. It sucked to take off and get back on. I always looked for a soft top but couldn't find one. Mind you I was a young man with little resources and Al Gore didn't invent the internet for the masses yet.

This past year, every nice day I have the window open, thinking it was another day wasted not being able to drop the top on the Bronco.

If it is over 50 degrees and sunny, my top will be down. In a few years when there are some smashed Broncos in the scrap yard, maybe I'll consider grabbing a hard top off on of them for the winters but that's a big if.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Having owned both hard top and soft top YJs, TJs and JKs I never even considered a hard top on my Bronco.

Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are soft tops for heat if left on? I live in Las Vegas and wonder if it makes a difference for soft tops vs hard top. I would think it would be hotter inside if the roof was on vs down over a hard top due to insulation. Also I’m concerned about theft. Thoughts?

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the 2 door was availible with a soft top it would be tempting to me to expedite my order but it sure is nice to have both tops for any cituation and alot easier to buy a nice aftermarket soft top than a hard top down the road so I stay MIC

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I converted from a two door with MIC top to a four door with soft top yesterday. The more I think about it the more I feel like I should have made this change sooner. I see a ton of four door Jeep Wranglers around my area with soft tops so it must work out fine. I can see why as it doesn’t get that cold here in Upstate SC and if a rogue thunderstorm shows up in the afternoon which happens a lot in the Summer I can quickly and easily put the top back up especially if only the first section is folded back. No need for the rear defroster or rear windshield wiper either. My current four door Ram 2500 doesn’t have either one and I have no issue with it. I always just use the back up camera anyways.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top from the very beginning for sure. Had on on my jeep and loved it!
Sponsored