First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully there are no zippers. Jeep did a very good job with the JL soft top. No zippers and Safari top. Hopefully the Bronco soft top is as good or better.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a soft top JK in Phoenix. It was warmer than my hard top JK. But I never kept my windows so it was really used as a safari/bikini top.

I will say, it is usually easier and cheaper to get a soft top aftermarket than it is a hard top.
Hmm I see. I may get the hard top then from the get go. I’ll definitely need a softie one way or another eventually though. Thanks for the input.
Totally agree with this sentiment. The hard top is way more practical but a soft top is way cheaper and easier to get aftermarket. I would only get one that covers the top too, if I’m running the soft top I have no need for rear windows.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So have we determined if it will be possible to store all the doors in the back (4dr) AND have the top folded back at the same time?

I would think the soft top would still fold back without interfering with doors stored in cargo area, right?

Last edited:

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So have we determined if it will be possible to store all the doors in the back (4dr) AND have the top folded back at the same time?

I would think the soft top would still fold back without interfering with doors stored in cargo area, right?
Yeah.. i have been wondering the same thing... wish Ford was more transparent ....

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yessss!! Soft Top for the win! Love that look and functionality. Soft top all day.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 2.00.24 PM.png
What are the chances we can switch between full hard and soft tops? I'm only thinking about the soft top for beach days because I am a little wary of how it'll hold up in Florida weather if i keep it on full time.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What are the chances we can switch between full hard and soft tops? I'm only thinking about the soft top for beach days because I am a little wary of how it'll hold up in Florida weather if i keep it on full time.
If you get the dual tops option (you get both), you can switch between both.

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was never worried about my JL soft top in Florida. It does get a little loud during those heavy rainstorms though. I liked the simple operation, but after my rear mechanism broke the second time I just left it rattle. As for heat, yes it gets hot, but the AC seemed to handle it ok. My JK hardtop with a headliner was cooler and quieter.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you get the dual tops option (you get both), you can switch between both.
Dual will put me way out of my budget range. I was going to go up from Base for it. It isn't a huge priority and honestly only really want it for the beach. I'm just trying to get as much info as I can. Hopefully the blessed aftermarket will provide us with a solution. If not I'll make do.
I was never worried about my JL soft top in Florida. It does get a little loud during those heavy rainstorms though. I liked the simple operation, but after my rear mechanism broke the second time I just left it rattle. As for heat, yes it gets hot, but the AC seemed to handle it ok. My JK hardtop with a headliner was cooler and quieter.
Those are my two foremost concerns about a full time soft top other than the hell that is the indecisive weather here. The waste of ac and the hardware. I couldn't care about noise. I used to work in an autoparts warehouse and know how flimsy hardware like that can be. My luck would be I wouldn't be able to close it with a hardware break.

dano0726

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Current Jeep JK Hard Top owner (now) -- after selling my OEM soft top 3 years in = I'm going back to just a soft top since my JK Hard Top leaks MORE THAN the soft top ever did.

Plus, I have no place to store the back half (2 door) of the hard top and it takes all 3 of us (me + Wifey + Daughter) to remove it from the rear of the Jeep...

To each his/her own -- I live in Houston, and the noise level between them was a wash

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will there be roof rack options for a soft top?

Sponsored

FlyinBD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen two seconds worth in one video of the soft top stowed across the rear gate in front of the spare. But I have not seen operation.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really wish that back glass was removable instead of the the two rear side pieces ..... what the price range on the dual hard top when it becomes available anyway??
One of my thoughts is if I should get the soft top and wait for the dual hard top to be available

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wish that back glass was removable instead of the the two rear side pieces ..... what the price range on the dual hard top when it becomes available anyway??
One of my thoughts is if I should get the soft top and wait for the dual hard top to be available
Dual tops just means getting both the soft top and hard top with your order

There is no "dual hard top"
Sponsored