First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can it be done? Yes. Honestly I dont think I will do it again without another person. The soft top is very tight to the roll bars coming off and its hard to manage solo. If i do this again Im definitely going to have to ppf the roll bars. My recommendation- grab a friend or someone who can at least help guide it off.
94E6C057-C99C-432B-A200-4DE0D67E14B8.jpeg
You did it!! Now for me without a garage, hmmmmm. Guess I could build some kind of structure I could back into? Doubt it. šŸ¤”

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick tip: Throw some cut pool noodles on the sides when you are dropping it back down. Way less stress!

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here was my first attempt. I did have to relocate the winch because I didnā€™t factor in the sag of the straps. Figuring out the CG took some trial and error but I think I got it. Wrapping the roll bars in towels is key to prevent scratches on the way up.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Hoist D21C2B9A-18FB-4020-BD7E-9804539AC40B

Ford Bronco Soft Top Hoist A2801C8B-DB34-4C18-B9E9-9E25F64E26A3

Ford Bronco Soft Top Hoist 3C2E815E-931F-4ED6-9F0F-F4FD8F9D25BE

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here was my first attempt. I did have to relocate the winch because I didnā€™t factor in the sag of the straps. Figuring out the CG took some trial and error but I think I got it. Wrapping the roll bars in towels is key to prevent scratches on the way up.

Seeing this is one point of lift, Iā€™ve decided to copy and modify a version of a wood support system that I have found on YouTube, where Jeep owners have used to back up under and hoist their hard top off with straps. I plan on mounting this hoist under the top support beam (simulating where the hoist is mounted on your ceiling) and trying the same thing. I have a long driveway with no garage and nobody at home that can help me lift off my soft top. My neighbors are elderly and cannot help me either. So this seems to be my only option and determined to make it work. I just have to wait for the foot of snow to melt and for warmer temperatures before I attempt to build this.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stopping by to say - I just took my soft top all the way off for the first time. Solo (haha). Utilized the standard back-squat on a step stool technique. Do not recommend. Will be buying one of these Amazon lifts and contacting a chiropractor. Thanks for the tips and links!

edit: wanted to also note - my 4ā€™9 (unable to assist) wife said immediately following ā€œwow, hope youā€™re leaving that off all summer.ā€ Weā€™re in Ohio where itā€™s 75 today and will be snowing by EOW šŸ˜‚

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the factory soft top, I'm failing to see the benefit of taking it off completely vs just rolling it all the way back.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
For the factory soft top, I'm failing to see the benefit of taking it off completely vs just rolling it all the way back.
My first inclination was to say ā€œsameā€

Quieter ride, no doubt. The construction of the top lends itself to minor squeaks/rattles. One other small benefit is better visibility out of the rear view mirror which is normally blocked by the folded down top. Different / ā€œcleanerā€ look, I guess? IMO, once I put mine back on, it probably wonā€™t come back off again without a hoist.

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base

Quieter ride, no doubt. The construction of the top lends itself to minor squeaks/rattles. One other small benefit is better visibility out of the rear view mirror which is normally blocked by the folded down top. Different / ā€œcleanerā€ look, I guess? IMO, once I put mine back on, it probably wonā€™t come back off again without a hoist.
More hauling room as well - like if you needed to toss a washer/refrigerator back there, you could without the top on.

Sponsored

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all good points!

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stopping by to say - I just took my soft top all the way off for the first time. Solo (haha). Utilized the standard back-squat on a step stool technique. Do not recommend. Will be buying one of these Amazon lifts and contacting a chiropractor. Thanks for the tips and links!

edit: wanted to also note - my 4ā€™9 (unable to assist) wife said immediately following ā€œwow, hope youā€™re leaving that off all summer.ā€ Weā€™re in Ohio where itā€™s 75 today and will be snowing by EOW šŸ˜‚
Damn!!!! Your wife could have at least videoed it for Instagram and YouTube. You would have been a hit. Once your Chiropractor fixes you up, do it again and post šŸ¤£

I did buy that hoist and probably going to build my outside platform for the hoist this coming weekend. Iā€™ll make a video.

Top of is so much cleaner! Better view. I will probably get those metal doors too!

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn!!!! Your wife could have at least videoed it for Instagram and YouTube. You would have been a hit. Once your Chiropractor fixes you up, do it again and post šŸ¤£

I did buy that hoist and probably going to build my outside platform for the hoist this coming weekend. Iā€™ll make a video.

Top of is so much cleaner! Better view. I will probably get those metal doors too!
Haha yeah buddy! Excited to see your exterior solution. And I have the @JcrOffroad tube doors on order as well!

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built it and lifted the top off. I didnā€™t like how it lifted, so I put it back down and put the top back on. Iā€™m going to play with it more. Itā€™s about the strap placement, that will make it better. Barely had time for one lift before it got dark. Going to try again tomorrow.

42661263-4D91-4B36-8C74-A0E086C0D6A6.jpeg

99E90DA2-C140-4FD4-9ABA-5CF7FC1CFEFA.png
Sponsored