Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last summer, I started to notice that my soft top had wear marks right above the rear passenger and driver window. I had thought it was caused when the top was all the way down. However, I noticed that the plastic guard in both positions 1 and 2 was making contact with the fabric.

I interacted with @Ford Motor Company and they set me up with a case number.

I proceeded to take it in this week for assessment. They are going to replace the top fabric as it is still under warranty. It was not clear if there was any corrective action to be taken on the shield causing the wear. I will follow up on that when I have the top replaced to ensure no future issues.

Additionally, I had an issue with misalignment of the middle latch for the soft top. The dealership stated there was no fix and I would have to just stick my finger between the metal pieces and push the metal latching mechanism to latch. They stated that was the directions from Ford.

Great news is that a quick review of the forum, I found an article showing me the two bolts to adjust and the top is now latching like a rockstar.

Simply sharing to let others know there is an alignment issue that may cause tearing. Ford is making this right.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Misaligned and Wearing A Hole IMG_0968
Ford Bronco Soft Top Misaligned and Wearing A Hole IMG_0969
Ford Bronco Soft Top Misaligned and Wearing A Hole IMG_0970
Sponsored

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where did you find this because I am catching the devil latching mine please. Thanks in advance

D-R0CK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My soft top has the exact same wear marks! I actually just contacted @Ford Motor Company about this in connection with other soft top problems. Thanks for sharing.

PXL_20240309_153225831.jpg

OP
OP
PrincipalD

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My soft top has the exact same wear marks! I actually just contacted @Ford Motor Company about this in connection with other soft top problems. Thanks for sharing.

PXL_20240309_153225831.jpg
No problem. That’s why I did it. I couldn’t be the only one. I had no push back on the issue.

OP
OP
PrincipalD

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear they're making things right with this.

It's hard to tell from your picture, as it's pretty close up, but how did you fold back the soft top? The only reason I ask is if you don't fold it back "nicely" into an S-shape, I noticed it can get caught up in things. When I took mine off I'd check both sides and fix it to ensure it was all good.

Just something for folks to keep in mind - Not saying that would have fixed this issue, but it can be another way for these tears to occur.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got a hole forming on the driver’s side in about the same place. Never contacted Ford since I figured it was my own fault for how I folded the top back…

OP
OP
PrincipalD

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad to hear they're making things right with this.

It's hard to tell from your picture, as it's pretty close up, but how did you fold back the soft top? The only reason I ask is if you don't fold it back "nicely" into an S-shape, I noticed it can get caught up in things. When I took mine off I'd check both sides and fix it to ensure it was all good.

Just something for folks to keep in mind - Not saying that would have fixed this issue, but it can be another way for these tears to occur.
I folded it back by flipping it back. I didn’t finesse it at all. I think the alignment of that plastic guard that rubbed is off. It’s definitely engineered to avoid contact, but it just didn’t work this time. If it connects with the new top, I will probably also add a layer of felt to that spot.

OP
OP
PrincipalD

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got a hole forming on the driver’s side in about the same place. Never contacted Ford since I figured it was my own fault for how I folded the top back…
In the videos of people folding it back, it talks about making a S shape to avoid rubbing. In the video, the fabric is nowhere near the part that rubs. This makes me think there will be another adjustment to my top when corrected. We will see.
Sponsored