Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Bronco has the same issue. its passenger side right where it folds back. @Ford Motor Company please assist.

Soft top fray.jpg
Ric, just a suggestion. I would send a PM to Ford here on the forum. That way they will see a notification pop up the next time they check in here. Good luck. It looks like Ford replaced the OP's top, so hopefully they'll do the same for you.
Sponsored

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ric, just a suggestion. I would send a PM to Ford here on the forum. That way they will see a notification pop up the next time they check in here. Good luck. It looks like Ford replaced the OP's top, so hopefully they'll do the same for you.
Thank you, I'll do just that.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was frantically searching for this post as i remember reading it last night. i thought i was folding the soft top back properly but after filling the tank this morning i noticed a little bit of wear on the driver's side. Sure enough its on the passenger side as well.

I'm supposed to just make sure the frame is on the INSIDE of the fabric and the fabric is on the outside? @Ford Motor Company - proper instructions for soft top usage really needs to be addressed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was frantically searching for this post as i remember reading it last night. i thought i was folding the soft top back properly but after filling the tank this morning i noticed a little bit of wear on the driver's side. Sure enough its on the passenger side as well.

I'm supposed to just make sure the frame is on the INSIDE of the fabric and the fabric is on the outside? @Ford Motor Company - proper instructions for soft top usage really needs to be addressed.
Here's a video on the sot top. One of many.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a video on the sot top. One of many.
Not helpful. Do you actually have a soft top? Obviously I know how to take it off and on. However this video nor any other discusses how the folds of the soft top need to be in connection with the metal frame.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting in the car today I noticed wear on the softop. It is bad enough that the driver side has rubbed through the top down to the rubber below

It appears as though the top is rubbing on itself, or something when it is all the way down. I say that because when I put it back it didn't appear to touch anything. It also appears on both sides, though the driver side has worn through and the passenger has not yet.

Will be reporting this to my dealer on Monday.

PXL_20210801_004706213.jpg

PXL_20210801_004820805.jpg

Update 8/1

Took a minute today to do some troubleshooting. It looks like when the top is folded back it can fold under the frame and rub against a piece of plastic. I noticed it folded differently yesterday so not sure what causes it to fold under and rub versus not. Definitely check your top when folding it back.

Pictures of the issue.

PXL_20210801_234225961.jpg
So mine is doing the same thing. I have noticed the wear worse on the drivers side then passenger, but there definitely is wear. Did you get yours replaced?

Thanks

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was replaced under warranty and the new top appears to have some updates. It folds up/down correctly without any extra steps on my part.

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’ve got to make sure to keep the top from getting pinched between frame components. This was a topic about a year ago.
Sponsored