jacksonblue02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Bandlands Sasquach 2.7L 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stepped into my 4 door Badlands yesterday and found water on my hero switches.... looked up and saw the water was coming from aux switch control center. Rained heavily for 24+ hours in Northern California, but no reason a brand new soft top should be leaking on the 6th day of ownership. Drove the car that morning and when I returned home I started to look around of exterior points of entry. Opened the soft top and looking where it met the frame, didnt see any obvious entry points. Will be taking this to the dealership to investate and will update as this progresses.

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you remove the hero Aux switch casing to see where the water in coming in? Might not be your soft top but some other entry point.

Last edited:

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang. Hopefully it's just an alignment issue or something easy. Who knows when you'd be able to get a replacement top.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd open the top, look everything over and re-close it. Checking the seal and the latches as I do. Then just wait and see if you have more leaks. Thru November I went thru so many days of the hardest rain we'd seen in years and my top was sealed and dry inside. No leaks.... I was expecting leaks... But Nada. It serves me well. I hope my hardtop does the same haha

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On a dry day, fill up a bottle with water and slowly pour water along the edge of your soft top where it meets the front frame. If you do not see any water coming into the cabin then grab your hose. Investigate yourself before taking it in. The techs at the dealership will do the same.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a dry day, fill up a bottle with water and slowly pour water along the edge of your soft top where it meets the front frame. If you do not see any water coming into the cabin then grab your hose. Investigate yourself before taking it in. The techs at the dealership will do the same.
Just drive through an automatic car wash. Just go full send right out of the gate...

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why "6 days" is a focus, but an unfortunate problem nonetheless- it is better to be able to adjust it now while under warranty.

OP
OP

jacksonblue02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure why "6 days" is a focus, but an unfortunate problem nonetheless- it is better to be able to adjust it now while under warranty.
Brand new vehicle, leaking top....
Now you know why the hero switches are waterproof.
I said the same thing when I saw this, then started the truck and went about my day!

Sponsored
OP
OP

jacksonblue02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd open the top, look everything over and re-close it. Checking the seal and the latches as I do. Then just wait and see if you have more leaks. Thru November I went thru so many days of the hardest rain we'd seen in years and my top was sealed and dry inside. No leaks.... I was expecting leaks... But Nada. It serves me well. I hope my hardtop does the same haha
I was half expecting this as well, which is why I wasn't too surprised when i saw it. I have some dry days coming up that ill investigate, but right now wanted to throw this out and see if anyone else was having this issue. My main concern was actually with the sides. You can stick your hands from the outside to inside no problem... they are definitely not sealed and thought this is where the water would be coming in from.

Blaine23

Big Bend
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, better on Day 6 than Day 1 of being out of warranty. This should be an easy fix, probably some missing or improperly attached seal.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Stepped into my 4 door Badlands yesterday and found water on my hero switches.... looked up and saw the water was coming from aux switch control center. Rained heavily for 24+ hours in Northern California, but no reason a brand new soft top should be leaking on the 6th day of ownership. Drove the car that morning and when I returned home I started to look around of exterior points of entry. Opened the soft top and looking where it met the frame, didnt see any obvious entry points. Will be taking this to the dealership to investate and will update as this progresses.

Ford Bronco Leaking Soft Top on 4 door Badlands... After 6 Days of Ownership IMG_7649

Ford Bronco Leaking Soft Top on 4 door Badlands... After 6 Days of Ownership IMG_7649
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I'll see how I can assist on my end.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just drive through an automatic car wash. Just go full send right out of the gate...
Yes do this! You won't have a top afterwards.

OP
OP

jacksonblue02

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands