Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imaginary Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to stay calm, but I drove my bronco home yesterday and the engine rattles like crazy both at idle and under acceleration. When I listen with the hood open at idle it seems to be coming from the front of the top end. It sounds like little rocks being shaken around in a small plastic container. After some research here I'm thinking it might be the cam phasers, but I'm looking for some feedback or some previous experience.... suggestions, anything. I also hear it under acceleration, but not every time, which is making me feel more strongly that something isn't right. If it is the cam phasers, many on the forum have posted it was covered under warranty but would take weeks if not months to fix. Considering I've had the truck for less than 24 hours, I'm less than happy. Thank you all in advance for reading this and for any advice, anecdotes or suggestions you may have.

Dear Ford Motor Company,
Please reply. I need some support. Thank you.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Post a video, cam phasers are easy to hear.

77Ford

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many Fords to list
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this a brand new bronco? I'd have some harsh word for the dealership if they let that out of dealer quality control checks. I'd be calling the dealer directly asap, not posting for Ford on a forums.

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1st..Find out the reason why that was missed during final dealer inspection & what they plan to do to rectify it. If not to your satisfaction put the dealership on blast and get the word out to FoMoCo

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You wont hear phaser noise during idle or acceleration. The only time they make noise is cold start for a few seconds.

Also you may want to add other information like which engine you have and a video so we can try to help out. These engines are naturally noisy to begin with, so it may be nothing to be worried about.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Same reply as some ... it's a day old ... take it to the dealer and let them look at it, could/should be an easy fix. Also you didn't give any specs ... is this a manual transmission? might explain the rattle noise.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this a brand new bronco? I'd have some harsh word for the dealership if they let that out of dealer quality control checks. I'd be calling the dealer directly asap, not posting for Ford on a forums.
What dealer checks? Smear some slimy crap on tires after running it through auto wash, gas it and remove stickers.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to stay calm, but I drove my bronco home yesterday and the engine rattles like crazy both at idle and under acceleration. When I listen with the hood open at idle it seems to be coming from the front of the top end. It sounds like little rocks being shaken around in a small plastic container. After some research here I'm thinking it might be the cam phasers, but I'm looking for some feedback or some previous experience.... suggestions, anything. I also hear it under acceleration, but not every time, which is making me feel more strongly that something isn't right. If it is the cam phasers, many on the forum have posted it was covered under warranty but would take weeks if not months to fix. Considering I've had the truck for less than 24 hours, I'm less than happy. Thank you all in advance for reading this and for any advice, anecdotes or suggestions you may have.

Dear Ford Motor Company,
Please reply. I need some support. Thank you.
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s rattle concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you taken it back to the dealership? Did you even contact them? Seems like the first place I would start if I had a concern like that...
Sponsored