Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Ford Edge, 2010 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This morning, I left my 2022 Badlands Bronco at my dealership for the cam phaser repair. Fingers crossed!

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

MNRiderTTU

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got mine back last Monday. It seems ok so far. It idles a little rough and initially start up after it’s set for a while and I think sometimes I can still hear the phaser rattle. Hopefully I don’t have the issue again later down the road.

BroncoFanTX

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally picked up my Bronco last night after being at the dealership for 3 weeks and 1 day.

@MNRiderTTU. Mine initially idles rough, and then settles down. I don’t hear any rattle at this point.

MNRiderTTU

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@BroncoFanTX, mine definitely has a rattle sporadicly. I’m hoping it’s fixed but we’ll see. If I do have to get it repaired again I’m definitely choosing a different dealership. Glad you got yours back and it didn’t take too long!

Sponsored

BroncoFanTX

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Less than a year after getting the cam phaser repair on my Bronco, the issue appears to be back. When I started it this morning, the rattle was back like before. I parked it, and it sat for about two hours. When I started it, the rattle was there again. I dropped it at my dealer for them to diagnose. Dang!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Less than a year after getting the cam phaser repair on my Bronco, the issue appears to be back. When I started it this morning, the rattle was back like before. I parked it, and it sat for about two hours. When I started it, the rattle was there again. I dropped it at my dealer for them to diagnose. Dang!
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems as this is just an accepted experience if you have a 2.7L Bronco. A fair amount of people seem to make excuses as this is normal attrition and don't worry it is covered under warranty. Well, who wants the engine pulled on their fairly new Bronco? When the repair is complete it will never be the same. Broken electrical plugs and who knows what else. Ford has done a very good job of just doing nothing about this issue. With all the technology in the world are we seriously gonna accept this issue can't be fixed? The million dollar question is.....why does the 2.3L not have this issue? This issue just continues and for the most part (not just Ford) dealership expertise and service continues to decline. Thank God for the few good technicians out there.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Warranty issue better take care of it before your hits 36,000 miles.
THIS, although on my 2018 Raptor they were covered as part of the 5yr./60,000mi. powertrain warranty. Next cold start (with foot on brake pedal, completely floor the accelerator pedal and crank the engine, it will not start but will circulate the oil pressurizing the cam phasers. Then start as normal and you shouldn’t have any phaser rattle. Will confirm it’s the phasers or not. Although it likely is the cam phasers…
Sponsored