First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
had this issue on my 2018 Lariat (3.5) and after it was fixed under warranty, I swear the engine had an extra 30HP .. it was like a new engine and it ran strong.

They’re all correct. I already had this particular repair done on my Bronco. Happened at about 5,000 miles.
The good news is my Bronco ran like a dream after.

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted this in another VTC Phaser thread but wanted to include here as well. It’s a good video that shows you what is happening during start up and it compares the old style versus the newer style phaser.

My 2022 2.7 BL started this at 8k and now has 11k. I have now gone to two different Ford Dealerships to get this job done. Both continue to tell me “we have so much engine work we are backed out.” Or “we only have two phasers and the parts are on order but we don’t when they will be in.” And I have been rescheduled the night before drop off over 4 times now. They also said this issue is more common on the 3.5 and they have not seen it on a 2.7 bronco. And yes, engine must come out.

Not cool.

Last edited:

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
had this issue on my 2018 Lariat (3.5) and after it was fixed under warranty, I swear the engine had an extra 30HP .. it was like a new engine and it ran strong.
This seems to be pretty common from reading other places as well. My Bronco definitely pulls in sport mode. Sounds like the power loss is the most obvious symptom.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems to be pretty common from reading other places as well. My Bronco definitely pulls in sport mode. Sounds like the power loss is the most obvious symptom.
Can you explain what you meant by Power loss?

I’m reviewing the video about the cam phasers above rn but I’m only hearing info about rattling.

I’ve had a few scary moments where I hit the accelerator and the Bronco engine does not engage as expected. Not sure why? Gearing. Computer.? I’d like to have more info before I walk into the dealership.

Sponsored

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've caught this a few times at start up on my 23 2.7 with 1900 miles. Well, last night I remote started and was standing in the lot talking to some friends and the thing sounded like R Lee Ermey was calling reveille with his baton in a trash can!
Reveille, reveille!!
It lasted all through cold idle and then was even still there but not as loud.
I had a 5.4 eat a cam button years back...this sounded very similar.

Anyone seen this with such low mileage? What should be my expectations of the dealer/Ford to make this right?
I have a good relationship with my dealer, previously at least. I haven't made the call yet. Wanted to be armed with info I can gather here.

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clip of rattling. Has been running for 5-10 minutes at this point.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clip of rattling. Has been running for 5-10 minutes at this point.
Have you changed your oil for the first time yet? Before the rattling started?

Ike89

Base
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took delivery of my bronco in January of this year, and the first time I started it without the remote start I also noticed the rattle. My bronco had 250 miles on it and is currently getting repaired.

BroncoFanTX

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Ford Edge, 2010 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer confirmed my 2022 Bronco’s issue is with the cam phasers. Parts are now on order.

• Sad
Reactions: 0ne

Sponsored

MNRiderTTU

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went back to the dealership today. Some parts for the repair were on back order and finally came in. Problem now is the tech has two trucks in front of me that need engine swaps. My broncos been there for two months and they said it’d probably be two more weeks to get it back.

• Wow

MNRiderTTU

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer confirmed my 2022 Bronco’s issue is with the cam phasers. Parts are now on order.
Hopefully your repair goes faster than mine has.

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully your repair goes faster than mine has.
Well they broke my windshield during that recall repair so I'm waiting on that and cam phasers are of course on backorder. Said it could be a week or 6 months.

MNRiderTTU

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still no Bronco. The tech finished the phasers and had everything put back together…. Then it jumped timing. Dealership said they’d know next week if there was damage. They said it’d take 3-5 days to get a long block here if I needed to have the whole engine replaced. At this point I’m not sure I’ll ever get this damn thing back!

• Sad

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Still no Bronco. The tech finished the phasers and had everything put back together…. Then it jumped timing. Dealership said they’d know next week if there was damage. They said it’d take 3-5 days to get a long block here if I needed to have the whole engine replaced. At this point I’m not sure I’ll ever get this damn thing back!
Holy crap. I'm not sure how I'd deal with that. I guess I'd want a new motor if it jumped timing, but I'd be concerned about how that happened in the first place.
Sponsored