Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The MIC top sucks. I think many of us are planning to go soft top and then fork out the ~4K for the modular once it's available. I'd like to have a soft top for summer, so the cost makes sense.

My main concern is if you order your bronco with a soft top, does the car still come with the washer/electrical hookups needed for the hard top? or will that be another additional cost when you go to install your modular top later? Anyone able to confirm?

I asked this in another thread but it got lost, and I figured this is pretty relevant info. If it doesn't have the hookups that would be pretty strange, but I haven't seen any pictures of the trunk of a soft top bronco...

The ones I have seen with the hard top removed show the cables are exposed in the trunk and plugged into dummy connectors. That'd be pretty annoying if you only have a soft top and have no need for them...
Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following.... this is relevant to my interests.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MIC top sucks. I think many of us are planning to go soft top and then fork out the ~4K for the modular once it's available. I'd like to have a soft top for summer, so the cost makes sense.

My main concern is if you order your bronco with a soft top, does the car still come with the washer/electrical hookups needed for the hard top? or will that be another additional cost when you go to install your modular top later? Anyone able to confirm?

I asked this in another thread but it got lost, and I figured this is pretty relevant info. If it doesn't have the hookups that would be pretty strange, but I haven't seen any pictures of the trunk of a soft top bronco...

The ones I have seen with the hard top removed show the cables are exposed in the trunk and plugged into dummy connectors. That'd be pretty annoying if you only have a soft top and have no need for them...
Asked and answered. Yes. Someone posted pics of the connections a few days ago.

ADove83

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion xB, 2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4k for the modular top? I thought it was closer to 2k?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Iceman153

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4k for the modular top? I thought it was closer to 2k?
its $1895 as an option, but should be closer to 4K if bought from the parts counter as the option has the price of the soft top baked into that $1895, and theres shipping/handling, possibly markup too. Maybe it'll be a bit less than 4k, it's just a ballpark, we can't really know for sure yet. Even at 4K it's worth it given you end up with both a soft and hard top.

As ford has done nothing but disappoint since the debut, I'm kind of expecting the soft top bronco to arrive and be missing the hookups, or have some other gotcha we haven't thought of.

OP
OP
Iceman153

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

was just looking through the bronconation IG posts and...

They all seem to be of the same car. It looks like a legit badlands that had the soft top on it, and it has the hookups. But I guess we have no way of knowing what top it had when it rolled off the line. But its a good sign. Headsong you may have been right sir, my bad, this might have been the same bronco from that other thread and they just completely removed the soft top for the pics instead of folding it down.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current plan, if Ford does not release the advertised "Dual Top Option" is to get the MIC Gray with my 4dr BadSquatch. I'm getting an Oxford White truck, with the gray grill, white body, it won't look too bad.

Then, see what BesTop or Ford asks for a full soft top down the road. Even if I get the Ford full soft top as an after-sale part, shipping it should be a bunch less than crating the hard top pieces.

OP
OP
Iceman153

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My current plan, if Ford does not release the advertised "Dual Top Option" is to get the MIC Gray with my 4dr BadSquatch. I'm getting an Oxford White truck, with the gray grill, white body, it won't look too bad.

Then, see what BesTop or Ford asks for a full soft top down the road. Even if I get the Ford full soft top as an after-sale part, shipping it should be a bunch less than crating the hard top pieces.
We're going the same way, 4dr badsquatch, i'm still on the fence between A51 and cyber orange. I just hate the cheap plastic look/texture of the MIC hard top, won't be as bad with A51, but I can't do it, and it'll be a pain in the butt to paint. but you're right, it'll be cheaper to ship/buy the soft top later, rather than a hard top. personally I want a white modular top, so i'll be waiting a while for that.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Monica.

I am going soft top as well. If they want to charge $4k for a roof, they can keep it. Seriously, that's over 10% of vehicle cost on most models. For a roof... that's milk and ice cream, for $5? You don't put bourbon in it or nothing?

Sorry. I got side-tracked.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's most definitely going to be around $4000 from the parts counter for all of the reasons you listed.

If Ford cared, they would discount it for those that reserved and purchased 2021 Broncos and were stuck with their horrible MIC.

I am going with the MIC because I won't trust anything anyone says about the soft top coming with hookups until the vehicle is delivered.

If it doesn't come with hookups, you could be looking at a $5000+ upgrade to get the modular top.

It's just a mess.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why don't you guys agonizing over this decision, just wait to order when the black hard top is available? Instead of ordering dec 7th and then shelling out a fortune for the hard top later?

Ford Bronco Soft Top Now, Modular Later! Screenshot_20201116-213249_Edge

Even if you wait for the late availability hard top.....

>>> Your reservation time stamp will continue to be honored <<<

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should offer a dual top option with the soft top available at delivery and the modular hardtop shipped when available. If they could give me a projected date for the white modular top. I would be sold. The white top option is the biggest issue holding me back from ordering in December.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we have photos of the black Modular top yet?
Options currently are..
Grey MIC top
Black Soft top
Coloured top -same as paint
Black modular. - my first choice

Are all of these options for 2door as well? 2door comes standard with hardtop, but would assume there’s a softy for it as well
Sponsored