Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And no dirt mountain for me… built on 10/26 and delivered and purchased in 10/28
Sponsored

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Besides being a soft top, there has to be a common denominator.

How many of your Bronco's sat on Dirt/Snow Mountain for months? I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Mine never sat at dirt mountain. Had it since October, and now the panels over the front seats as well as the one over the rear seats are peeling. Had to cancel my appt with the dealer today, but it will be going there very soon. Though I’d love to hear from anyone else who has gone lately with this issue. Did the dealer have a solution?

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many of your Bronco's sat on Dirt/Snow Mountain for months? I wonder if that has something to do with it.
No Dirt Mountain, delivered 10/23

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here’s my current status. I have an appointment at Galpin tomorrow morning to restart the inspection process. The fabric is now laying on my head as I drive. Every edge is showing signs of separating.
FB1A15FE-8E12-47D7-88CF-67595A70A4DE.jpeg
2D095A70-2513-45A0-BE7A-6232F7534FD2.jpeg
0B5CA79F-922B-4C48-9C59-866E329E33C7.jpeg
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!

Sponsored

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ice mountain very early escapee for me but while mine isn’t completely coming apart, when the top gets hot, it feels like I can just easily peel it off. From the looks of it, time is the culprit. The earlier one received it, that and exposure to heat, the more likely you are to encounter this issue. Although in SouthFL, Bronco is housed in the garage 75%.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I noticed this happening on mine as well around March-ish.

I spent the winter in Florida and put the top back daily. When this started happening I chalked it up to sitting in the hot Florida sun and the more humid weather causing the glue to soften.

Once I got back to Michigan in May, the weather wasn't as warm or humid and I have not noticed it happening as often.
Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey there. I'd like to see what I can do to assist with your Bronco's soft top. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local dealer so I can start looking into this on my end?
I am having this same exact issue

Sponsored

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

(**This was from another thread I started that got folded into this existing one**)

First off, I am very sorry if there is an existing thread about this that I missed. I have been off of the site for several weeks/months. If this is the case then please direct me to the right thread and feel free to ignore/delete this one.

My roof is melting in the Texas heat. This afternoon I had an hour long meeting and had to leave the Bronco in an uncovered parking lot. Shouldn’t be that big of a deal. It is kept in the garage when I am home. After the meeting while driving back home the inner lining of the roof landed on my head. It appears that the adhesive holding the lining together has melted and separated from the main roof fabric on the area above the front seats. The rear seat area is close to falling as well, and when I touched it the fabrics slid from side to side.

Has anyone experienced this yet and/or is this a known flaw? Seems like a HUGE issue…and it isn’t even July/Aug in Texas yet. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow, but fascinated to know if this has happened to others.

8A48A1F9-134B-4943-923F-1EC7269B7A1D.png
yesssssss

20220617_120013.jpg

20220617_120025.jpg

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So we have a Gear Shade top on ours, and we never really see the inside of the top. I decided to check, and sure enough, it’s separating on ours, too!

I guess hot is hot, and it doesn’t matter how humid it is. It’s been in the 110’s here, but dry as a bone, and it’s still happening.

It’s weird, as others have pointed out, you can stick it back where it goes, but then it starts to sag again. What did they use, the same 3M adhesive from Post-it Notes?

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco…what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi there. This concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Why reply to some and not to all of us having this issue? My OP got rolled into this thread, and I am having the same problem. Clearly it is a huge flaw that needs to be addressed globally. Has Ford provided the dealers an actual solution?

OP
OP
Jarmo Karhu

Jarmo Karhu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why reply to some and not to all of us having this issue? My OP got rolled into this thread, and I am having the same problem. Clearly it is a huge flaw that needs to be addressed globally. Has Ford provided the dealers an actual solution?
I’m the OP of the thread you got rolled into. Just had an inspection and seems like we’re headed for a replacement top. Service rep is submitting a “triple S C” or “SSSC” report to Ford Dearborn. Waiting to hear what next steps may be. I feel it’s only a matter of time before we see the flood of failing soft top posts. I was a day one reservation. Took delivery in September