Sponsored

Sold my Bronco...thanks for all the collective knowledge on this forum!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice FJ40- they are really good off road. I had a brand new 78 in 78 with the straight 6, 4 speed manual. Turtle slow on the road. Be glad yours has a V8. I traded in my FJ 40 after a year and custom ordered a 79 Jeep CJ5, 304 V8, manual 3 speed. I tricked out that CJ with lift, tires, roll cage, etc. It was way better than the FJ40 on and off road. I also had 2 early Broncos before the CJ and FJ. A 71 with the 170 CI six and a 70 with a 302 V8. Both manual 3 speeds. The one with the 302 moved- great on the road- fast as heck and great off road- one of my favorite 4 X 4's off all time. It rusted out, gas tank leaked, etc. so that is the one I sold and got the FJ. The Bronco with the 170 CI 6 was turtle slow too on the road but great off road. It was my very first 4 X 4.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford locks things down, as I noticed even because my neighbor who is a Ford tech said he doesn't even have access to use his laptop with FDRS at his house because none of the techs are given that level of access.
This must be a dealership thing, because I have access to/use mine at home all the time.

But regardless, congrats on the nice looking FJ!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This must be a dealership thing, because I have access to/use mine at home all the time.

But regardless, congrats on the nice looking FJ!
Yup...same dealer that lowballed me after giving me an initial solid quote. The tech said they even have to log in many many times throughout the day because their system is set up to kick them out after very short intervals...or is that a thing with the system itself?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup...same dealer that lowballed me after giving me an initial solid quote. The tech said they even have to log in many many times throughout the day because their system is set up to kick them out after very short intervals...or is that a thing with the system itself?
Not sure. I'm guessing that's a certain dealership specific thing also.
Once I'm logged into PTS or FDRS it stays logged in all day unless I close it out.

Last edited:

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are you fjrik now? Nice 40!

Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Carvana has been sending me offers about once a month and their offer is dropping faster than my remaining loan balance.

That should be a very solid rig for you. Early Bronco prices are falling too though, I've seen some realllly nice ones in the 30-50k range lately. I bought mine too soon and I'm seeing better ones for what I paid. 🤷
Things always have a way of evening themselves out. I have an order in for a 2024. Not sure I want to purchase used as I am hoping that there are some improvements to the build since the launch of the Bronco. You will always pay more to be first in line on a new heavily desired vehicle (Shelby GT350 in 2015). But if you've enjoyed the car and it's been a good experience without financial hardship then there is nothing to regret.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet FJ! Hope we can hook up on the trails some day!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what you are into that FJ for $ wise, but it doesn't matter.
That thing is sweet and done right.
Not a bad move.
At least you can put a wrench to it and remedy things you find without backordered parts and software access.
Very, very nice.
Best of luck!

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Didn't read the wall of text. Nice looking FJ40. Good luck.
I read most of it. It’s a much appreciated reason for a “goodbye to Bronco” post. Unlike the ones where people buy an off road vehicle and then complain it doesn’t drive like the luxury sedan/crossover they came from. And they’re soooooo disappointed.

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a great looking FJ40. Nice score on finding one with a Ford mill. It seems the vast majority of them with V8 swaps have small block Chevys. BTW we'd let you wheel with us if you're ever out our way. We have an FJ40 that regularly comes on our So Cal Broncos runs with us. As well as a CJ6 and a smattering of other S.O.B.s.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for playing on the Bronco forum. Your contributions were excellent. My wife is envious of the FJ she loves them. We saw this rare model in Finland this summer.

20220506_111656.jpg
20220506_111544.jpg
20220506_111656.jpg
20220506_111544.jpg

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks! I just sold my Bronco last week...I really did enjoy it, and all of the knowledge I've gained from this forum help me sort out a lot of things on that Bronco

As a bonus I can tow it behind my RV... without the 27 steps required to tow a Bronco...and it is much lighter! Hoping to meet you out on the trails (and that you'll let me wheel with you because I have a Ford engine).
LOVE your"new" FJ! This is our family hunting camp FJ....she won't get any modification kudos or win any beauty contests like yours, but we love her all the same.
Ford Bronco Sold my Bronco...thanks for all the collective knowledge on this forum! 20211008_175424

However, I am really bummed to see you go. I looked forward to reading all your posts and all the knowledge you shared. You even took the time to talk to a complete stranger on the phone about your Road Armor bumper and all the little tricks for install ( mine just shipped out finally, 6m after order....but that is a story for another day). Thank you!!!

Wishing you lots of smiles per mile with the new rig!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Things always have a way of evening themselves out. I have an order in for a 2024. Not sure I want to purchase used as I am hoping that there are some improvements to the build since the launch of the Bronco. You will always pay more to be first in line on a new heavily desired vehicle (Shelby GT350 in 2015). But if you've enjoyed the car and it's been a good experience without financial hardship then there is nothing to regret.
I think the 2024 will have the updated/upgraded steering rack? Not sure if that is the case on all the models but I think at least the Badlands gets it hence the increase in price...if so, you should get more peace of mind versus the 2021 I had. Mine never broke, but I was often anticipating it after reading some of the failures. Hopefully you get yours with zero ADM!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what you are into that FJ for $ wise, but it doesn't matter.
That thing is sweet and done right.
Not a bad move.
At least you can put a wrench to it and remedy things you find without backordered parts and software access.
Very, very nice.
Best of luck!
I scored it for 44k...on the high side for many FJs, but the prior owner had over 100k in it...so there's that!
Sponsored