Sponsored

Solution to those who want to acknowledge fellow Broncos on the road!

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There has been a lot of debate about a "Bronco Wave" or getting "Bucked" similar to Jeeps. I am personally against both of those. If I see a fellow Bronco on the road, I'll just give them a nod of acknowledgment for their great vehicle buying decision.

nodding horses.gif

Old spice.gif

I went to the Smokey Mountain Jeep invasion last week and was nauseated at the number of ducks I saw on the dashes. Seriously can't deal with all that. Please keep it simple. I agree with your thought on this.
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be doing to shaka. I vote we all do this enough that it just sticks.

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh boo who. Someone waved at me and I don’t know how to process that. Get over your self.

Wait to you stop driving it. Everyone wants to talk and take pictures, or come out the store and have people just standing around your truck. Owning a bronco can be annoying some days.
I, for one, can't wait to be annoyed.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone gets the boomblaster neigh...it removes weird hand signals. I don't care if you hear it or not, just know I acknowledged your presence.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purposely ignore anybody who waves or nods or anything else, just to make them feel silly for thinking we are friends because we own the same car.

Like frats & sororities...paying for friends aint my thing.

Sponsored

j_4260

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, Ducati M620, BMW GSA 1200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how many of y'all are serious in this thread 🤣 .

That said, a cute girl rolled up next to me while I was in my Bronco, she rolled down her window and yelled, "I LOVE YOUR TRUCK!". She was in an Oxford white 2dr.

I think that's the first time in my life, a girl has ever complimented me on the car I'm driving. 😂

Be kind to each other.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There has been a lot of debate about a "Bronco Wave" or getting "Bucked" similar to Jeeps. I am personally against both of those. If I see a fellow Bronco on the road, I'll just give them a nod of acknowledgment for their great vehicle buying decision.

nodding horses.gif

Old spice.gif
The Broncos around me are hit and miss with acknowledgment.

I just saw some dude on road with Black Badlands and I swear he gave like an angry stare.

In my mind I’m like seriously F off and your one letter Red in Bronco looks stupid as hell like your mean mug.

I was definitely expecting a friendlier local scene.

With that being said @Dubsesd is a great friend I’ve met through us having Broncos.

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purposely ignore anybody who waves or nods or anything else, just to make them feel silly for thinking we are friends because we own the same car.

Like frats & sororities...paying for friends aint my thing.
I think you might be overthinking it a bit. Why be on here then? Same deal.

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you might be overthinking it a bit. Why be on here then? Same deal.
This forum is good for Bronco news a how-to's, and it's free.

I can ask and answer questions related to the Bronco, and find some good gear reviews so I don't have to buy 3 different GMRS radio's to find out which will work best for me.

Let me ask you...why do you feel the need to wave to strangers who happen to have the same car?

After it happens do you feel like you're part of a club or something?

Or is it just the need for validation of your choices from people who don't matter?

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
This forum is good for Bronco news a how-to's, and it's free.

I can ask and answer questions related to the Bronco, and find some good gear reviews so I don't have to buy 3 different GMRS radio's to find out which will work best for me.

Let me ask you...why do you feel the need to wave to strangers who happen to have the same car?

After it happens do you feel like you're part of a club or something?

Or is it just the need for validation of your choices from people who don't matter?
I don't feel the need to wave at strangers just because they drive the same car. I generally wave/nod/somehow acknowledge anyone with whom I make prolonged eye contact.

That could be two Bronco owners, the person I pass walking down the sidewalk, the little kid staring at me in the check-out lane, etc.

There's no expectation of getting anything out of it for myself. I'm not asking the fellow walker for show reviews. I'm just trying to be nice.

That said, I do always wave at fellow classic car owners, regardless of make because I do think it's being part of a club: the "you have most likely been broken down on the side of the road due to a broken, fifty-year old part" club.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't feel the need to wave at strangers just because they drive the same car. I generally wave/nod/somehow acknowledge anyone with whom I make prolonged eye contact.

That could be two Bronco owners, the person I pass walking down the sidewalk, the little kid staring at me in the check-out lane, etc.

There's no expectation of getting anything out of it for myself. I'm not asking the fellow walker for show reviews. I'm just trying to be nice.

That said, I do always wave at fellow classic car owners, regardless of make because I do think it's being part of a club: the "you have most likely been broken down on the side of the road due to a broken, fifty-year old part" club.
I wave/smile/nod at people all the time in the same situations you describe. Im generally polite and friendly in person.

I don't wave at people driving though, and just because they have the same car as me i don't think that changes anything. People have done it my whole life, Ive had several of "enthusiast" cars/truck/motorcycles and was always curious why so many people felt the need.

Its nothing i lose sleep over but this felt like the place to ask so...Thanks for taking the time to answer, and i guess we'll agree to disagree, lol.