Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Multitude of possibilities. Tires out of balance. Suspension components need re-torqueing. Factory shocks not up to the task of a much heavier wheel/tire combo.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what the first part of the post references, but I've used balancing beads for tire/wheel combos that could not be balanced any other way due to compatibility with the equipment. Worked fine.

For a normal DD, I'd still rather get a traditional balance with weights. Otherwise you live with the low speed unbalanced vibration you get with balancing beads every time you take off.
Since I first found out about balancing beads, and tried them, it's what I use all the time. I'm used to catching a lot of flack about them so the first part was about me acknowledging my unpopular opinion

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Relatively small vehicle running 37" tires. No surprise that you are feeling any kind of vibration. Most likely out of round and or out of balance tire and wheel assemblies. You may never eliminate the problem.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Issues like this is exactly why I opted for Sasquatch instead of diy lifting...too many variables and potential warranty problems. If a stock vehicle does this just dump in dealers lap and say "fix it".
Granted the OPs lift is ill-advised.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Issues like this is exactly why I opted for Sasquatch instead of diy lifting...too many variables and potential warranty problems. If a stock vehicle does this just dump in dealers lap and say "fix it".
Yep! Tie rods breaking, steering systems literally falling apart, and now this.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As it happens consistantly at those speeds, I'd also second an out of balance tire, or something out of whack in the geometry after the lift.

Just as an aside: 'death wobble' is not a consistant vibration. It occurs in a SFA when one wheel hits a bump at high speed and loose (or miss aligned) components - usually starting with the track bar - start a resonance in the suspension. The axle moves too far to one side, the suspension pushes it back too far the other way - rinse and repeate. You have to slow almost to a stop to get rid of it.

Experienced it once in my usually solid JL driving home after a long weekend of wheeling, and found both track bar bolts -among others- had untourqued almost 1/2 a turn. Tightened everything back to spec and it never repeated.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep! Tie rods breaking, steering systems literally falling apart, and now this.
Upgrading tie rods is one thing, adding spacers and 37's is a whole different ballgame. The more you jack any vehicle higher in the air, the more issues you're going to potentially face.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😂 the title of this thread should be changed. That is not a “death” wobble.
Yeah, that is a shimmy in the steering wheel.

Low speed death wobble is preferable to high speed death wobble. But even the dreaded Jeep wobble is or was not all that dangerous, just annoying.
Having had the dreaded death wobble in my old JKU, I would definitely disagree. It is most definitely dangerous.

For those not familiar with true death wobble:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly a bad tire... I'm having a factory Territory replaced because it fails on a road force balancer. Make an oscillating sound. VERY little feel in the steering wheel but it's there at certain speeds.

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check your when spacers and makes sure they aren't cracking. I remember seeing a video by Bronc Buster on that

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put new wheels and tires (ordered from discount tire direct) on my last Ram truck and had this same issue.. steering wheel would really start to vibrate right around 60mph. Took it to tire shop, they added some weights to balance and it was fixed .