no Bronco yet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
INFINITI QX80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not familiar with it . . . but watching to see what anyone else has to say about it.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, there's a Facebook group that continuously updates with new routes and bypasses depending on road conditions. It's basically a series of backroads, dirt trails, etc navigating South Carolina. Where I'm at in coastal SC, it's weaving in and out of the Francis Marion forest, so a mix of gravel/dirt roads, some mud/natural trails, etc.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, there's a Facebook group that continuously updates with new routes and bypasses depending on road conditions. It's basically a series of backroads, dirt trails, etc navigating South Carolina. Where I'm at in coastal SC, it's weaving in and out of the Francis Marion forest, so a mix of gravel/dirt roads, some mud/natural trails, etc.
Oooh, fond memories; when I was a kid I did lots of hiking/camping in FM Forest (Swamp Fox, Swamp Fox, tail on his hat, nobody knows where the Swamp Fox is at.) . I wonder what that would look like all these decades later and exploring via Bronco. I'll add this to my list of things to maybe see when I retire this year since I've got family in 2 corners of SC.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oooh, fond memories; when I was a kid I did lots of hiking/camping in FM Forest (Swamp Fox, Swamp Fox, tail on his hat, nobody knows where the Swamp Fox is at.) . I wonder what that would look like all these decades later and exploring via Bronco. I'll add this to my list of things to maybe see when I retire this year since I've got family in 2 corners of SC.
My neighbor has a Bronco, I have a JL (with a 2 door Bronco that just got built). We go out exploring finding natural trails, it's pretty fun actually, nothing crazy like Gulches, but definitely something to do in the cooler months.

The trails are tight but he seems to have no issue. I'm still on the fence on keeping my 4 door JL vs. taking my 2 Door Bronco Badlands order.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

thats interesting and I am not far off of it.

OP
OP
GotWake

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I joined that FB group. I know it’s not going to be anything crazy. But, I think it would be cool seeing some of these areas. You see some crazy things when you get off the beaten path. 🤣

Last edited:

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is pretty cool! I'm in Charleston, and have been looking for something to do around here.

I wonder what the total time to complete the route would be over a couple days, starting at Edisto, using realistic off road speeds.

JR

OP
OP
GotWake

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pretty cool! I'm in Charleston, and have been looking for something to do around here.

I wonder what the total time to complete the route would be over a couple days, starting at Edisto, using realistic off road speeds.

JR
Yeah, it would be cool to get 5-6 rigs together and have places to setup camp along the route.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, it would be cool to get 5-6 rigs together and have places to setup camp along the route.
I'd be totally down to do that! I'm actually surprised there haven't been some local Charleston meet ups. I know about a half dozen owners here, but most of them would likely be unwilling to get off road for any length of time.

JR

Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be totally down to do that! I'm actually surprised there haven't been some local Charleston meet ups. I know about a half dozen owners here, but most of them would likely be unwilling to get off road for any length of time.

JR
Yeah, I may or may not join you guys (Bronco, not sure yet, I'll decide in the next few weeks when it gets to the dealer). I use OnxOffRoad while out in FM forest. The main things are to stay on marked trails within the application, and the ones marked Natural are generally the ones you want to hit (mud/ruts, etc.)

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My brother and his family just bought a house in Columbia area. I’ll be checking this out this summer/fall for sure! Thanks for the link.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I may or may not join you guys (Bronco, not sure yet, I'll decide in the next few weeks when it gets to the dealer). I use OnxOffRoad while out in FM forest. The main things are to stay on marked trails within the application, and the ones marked Natural are generally the ones you want to hit (mud/ruts, etc.)
This is good to know! I'll take a look at OnxOffRoad and see where the local spots are.

JR

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reviving this thread, so I'm ending up with the Bronco....looks like the JL will be sold this week. I just really like the 2 door and the Bronco manual transmission is much smoother so far. I'm going to take it out to Francis Marion probably this coming weekend, if anyone wants to hit a few trails (albeit extremely easy ones with mostly mud/ruts, let me know).

Bronco_Jeep.jpg

Bronco1.jpg

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reviving this thread, so I'm ending up with the Bronco....looks like the JL will be sold this week. I just really like the 2 door and the Bronco manual transmission is much smoother so far. I'm going to take it out to Francis Marion probably this coming weekend, if anyone wants to hit a few trails (albeit extremely easy ones with mostly mud/ruts, let me know).

Ford Bronco South Carolina Adventure Route (SCAR) Bronco1

Ford Bronco South Carolina Adventure Route (SCAR) Bronco1
Looks great, congrats. I'm sure you will enjoy.
Sponsored