Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 4-door Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm an idiot about audio stuff... so feel free to school me.

If I get the Mabett speaker pods that allow me to swap the rears to a 6.5 speaker -- any recommendations on a resonably priced set to use? I don't want to invest a lot, and I'm not super picky -- I'd just like a little more volume when I'm running at highway speeds with the top down!

What would be a good match for the factory system that won't break the bank or require an amp?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So many choices. Kicker CS series is probably the best option. And by "best" I mean best combination of price, availability, quality, etc.

Also don't forget you're going to have to modify the DAC configuration in Forscan.
Anything slightly less "best"? LOL

Yes, I understand I have to go down the Forscan rabbit hole too...

Thanks for the answer!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just bought a pair of JBL GTO 629’s. I also don’t know the first thing about audio systems really, but after a quick Google search of good 6.5’s, these seemed to be at the top of many lists, so I figured I’d try them out. Also helped that Amazon had a good sale on them at the time.

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many choices. Kicker CS series is probably the best option. And by "best" I mean best combination of price, availability, quality, etc.

Also don't forget you're going to have to modify the DAC configuration in Forscan. Ford has a high-pass filter on the rear pod speakers. Very appropriate to do that for the stock 4" speakers, but if you want any bass out of your 6.5" speakers you'll have to turn off that EQ. So you'll have to factor that into your budget if you don't have one (last I checked they were ~$35, probably more now).
Do you have any 4" speaker recommendations for the five stock 4" B&O speakers (front corners, center, rears)? I've seen a lot of different speakers recommend on here and it seems like you might have some good recommendations for them.

Also would you need to make any changes or adjustments with Forscan if you swap out those speakers?

Sorry if this is highjacking, can change to DM if needed.

Sponsored

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There was so much confusing info about whether the forscan opens the rear speakers. is it confirmed it does work now on 2022/2023 MY and how to do it?

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd go with a component set and see about finding a place for the tweeter...

The one linked is just an entry level "suggestion". I'd say depends on budget.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My brother is the real car audio fanatic (used to do installs for a living) so he would have a better answer for this than I would.

But my favorite 4” speakers are JBL Infinity Reference. They aren't the "best" speakers on the market but I tend to keep the budgets on my audio upgrades pretty minimal. For my Bronco I bought a set of Kicker KS series--haven’t install them yet so can’t comment on them, but I have high hopes.

And generally speaking you don't need to make Forscan changes unless you are changing speaker sizes or using an external amplifier that has it's own EQ capabilities.
Thank you for the help, I'm looking forward to seeing how you like those once you get them installed.

Last edited:

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shouldn't these speakers be outdoor or at least water resistant?
That's what I've been looking at anyway.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DDGator

DDGator

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fair question. Are the factory speakers water resistant?

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fair question. Are the factory speakers water resistant?
I just watched a YouTube speaker upgrade from the factory 4" and it looks like they are not (factory Ford).
I'm not sure I understand why they wouldn't be given the roof and doors can come off.

That being said, everything is a bit more expensive with the marine grade speakers.
Lots of choices from Crutchfield:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-vchsA...FFCategory|[rank493450]Marine Speakers & Subs
Pricing ranges from $68 - $680 (LED lighting included!)

I'm partial to MB Quart. I had a custom system in one of my cars and used them. Sound very good.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_049NP1116/MB-Quart-NP1-116.html

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am partial to focal speakers, the quality and sound just seems to be better than most others. I just ordered full focal replacements for my 22 OBX high package. I got mine from crutchfield and I can't wait to get them installed.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

So this was always a big debate in the Polaris Slingshot forum because of the type of vehicle... Let me say, there is information out there that marine type isn't actually needed, but if it gives you peace of mind, by all means.

This applies to amps as well. But if it rains, good luck with anything... Again, to each their own. It's your vehicle and your peace of mind. Marine rated does limit your options...

eh-meh.gif

Jdimaggio

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wondering out of these three what would be the best option

Infinity Reference 6532IX 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers - Pair, 6.5 Inch https://a.co/d/6sCfiTm

Polk Audio DB651 6.5"/6.75" 2-Way Marine Certified db Series Car Speakers with Liquid Cooled Silk Tweeters (Discontinued by Manufacturer),silver/black https://a.co/d/eqxax1m

JBL GX628 GX Series 6.5" 180W Peak Power 2-Way Coaxial Car Loudspeakers (Pair) https://a.co/d/d3Zz1oO

I have the 4” infinity’s for the front and I bought the mabett 6.5” speaker case so looking to see what’s the best choice from what I have or is there any other decent marine grade speakers. And what would be changed for the forscan for 727-01-01 and 727-01-02
Sponsored