SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The advanced 4x4 is paired with a manual trans. while standard 4x4 is paired with an automatic.
This statement is wrong. The advanced 4x4 is not regulated to either auto or manual. I have an auto with the advance 4x4 transfer case, IE sasquatch package from 2021.
Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the forscan gurus to answer this. What we really need is persistent memory on the drive settings. If it stayed where you left it after a shut down and restart, It would be a solution to many of these issues.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
This statement is wrong. The advanced 4x4 is not regulated to either auto or manual. I have an auto with the advance 4x4 transfer case, IE sasquatch package from 2021.
My statement:

"The advanced 4x4 is paired with a manual trans. while standard 4x4 is paired with an automatic."

was referring my two Bronco's. It was never intended to be a general configuration statement. A longer quote:

"I have one bronco with advanced 4x4 and one with standard 4x4. The advanced 4x4 is paired with a manual trans. while standard 4x4 is paired with an automatic. "

I have revised the statement to clarify in the second sentence that it is my broncos that are paired that way. Apologies for confusion.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not seeing the improved gas mileage while in Sport...conducting tests, but at least 1-2 mpg less.

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Funny side note I never ordered advanced 4wd on my bronco but ford put it on there anyways. I saw 4A on the dial on the way home and was like wtf haha

Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do yours not ask you if you want to stay in sport when you start? I haven't noticed if it switches back to 4a if you hit yes.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny side note I never ordered advanced 4wd on my bronco but ford put it on there anyways. I saw 4A on the dial on the way home and was like wtf haha
Assuming you paid for it and it’s on your window sticker.
Do yours not ask you if you want to stay in sport when you start? I haven't noticed if it switches back to 4a if you hit yes.
Yes, it would. I guess I don’t have much experience with 4A and can’t comment on how it effects daily driving - but, I’m pretty happy being the one to choose when I need 4H.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Assuming you paid for it and it’s on your window sticker.

Yes, it would. I guess I don’t have much experience with 4A and can’t comment on how it effects daily driving - but, I’m pretty happy being the one to choose when I need 4H.
Its not on my window sticker. Price never changed from what i ordered. I was planning on adding that and the Optional black diamond wheels if i got bumped to a 23. Unless its included in the mid package.

Last edited:

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep doubting...

Ford Bronco Sport mode without 4A? IMG_20220614_222855

Facts can be awfully inconvenient.

Ford Bronco Sport mode without 4A? IMG_20220614_222855

Average speed of 75 MPH with a fuel and bathroom stop.
If you're averaging 75 then you spent the whole time in top gear anyway, so what difference would the mode make?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're averaging 75 then you spent the whole time in top gear anyway, so what difference would the mode make?
Well, I guarantee you it isn't steady state in top gear, just through Corpus Christi and San Antonio, I am accelerating and decelerating because of traffic, not to mention climbing up and going down hill through the hill country. I run 4A almost exclusively now. I have compared it (over a few thousand miles) with standard and eco mode, and sport mode is the most efficient with my driving style.

Strange, I would swear I was in M8 when I took the last picture... mostly because I didn't like the exhaust note in 10th gear at that speed.

Admit it, you just want to be right.

Ok, you win... I am wrong, it makes no difference. Feel better?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4A does not denote "advanced", just that you are in 4 wd automatic shifting, which until it kicks in is 2wd

Reactions: R11

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4A does not denote "advanced", just that you are in 4 wd automatic shifting, which until it kicks in is 2wd
What triggers 4 wd? Just traction?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What triggers 4 wd? Just traction?
Loss of traction. But auto engagement of the front axle would be based on sensing wheel rotational differences. It is , I think, smart enough to quickly engage the front axle when a certain difference is measured. I have not tried, but attempting a burnout in 4A should leave 2 stripes, not just one from rear axle.

Only a locking or limited slip diff will normally allow leaving two pavement stripes from sane axle.

Keep in mind that with any normal differential power goes to the wheel with the least traction or resistance. With a helping hand you can prove it when vehicle (engine off and brakes all released including parking) is on a lift. Have a friend rotate the driveshaft and whichever wheel is turning, hold it stationary and the one without "traction" against it will rotate. If resistance is equal when driveshaft is rotated one wheel should go forward and the other in reverse (until unequal resistance is applied)

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport mode on my Bronco SAS keeps the transmission in 8th on most roads where normal mode would be in 10th. It definitely dropped my FE by at least 1mpg so far. Pay to play! It would be nice to be able to add the Sport steering to normal mode.
Sponsored