Sponsored

Squeaking brakes? (FORD ignoring this problem!!)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine started the dreaded squealing at around 5500 miles. I drive mostly highway miles, but when I do have to stop, it makes me cringe. I have always used Wagner Thermoquiet Ceramic brake pads and NEVER had a vehicle squeal. Not sure yet if I can get this brand for the Bronco, but as soon as I can, I will be changing them out. I can't stand vehicle noises that shouldn't be... Ford. Are you listening?
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine started at about 3,500 miles... Started out when it was cold and backing out of the driveway, but it's starting to get progressively worse and I'm at 5,500 miles now...

mcrank

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone get any resolution here from their dealerships?

I have not been in for service just yet but my local dealer has "never heard of this". Seems like a number of people are experiencing this.

Mine has gotten absolutely ridiculous now. Every single time I use the brakes, it squeaks very loudly!!! Beyond the annoyance it is a total embarrassment on a brand new vehicle. I'm at 6000 miles now.

Curious if anyone's gotten any real answer or response to this problem other than Ford "assisting" with getting folks service appointments via the messages in this thread.
I haven’t heard anyone note anything about brakes being squeaky after being out on the trails or going on a dirt road for a while. After I do, they’re always horribly squeaky, but once I wash it and particularly spray in and around the wheel housing area and it dries, it goes away—I just hit 21,000 today in fact!!

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same issue. Started at 1500 miles. It’s winter now so it’s not a big deal, but in summer, NOPE.

madfella

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1700 miles on my OBX and the squealing just started at every damned stop. Ugh…

Sponsored

Noah43us

Outer Banks
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My bronco has been making squeaky noises for 3 months now I didn’t think it was the brakes though I’m going to schedule another appointment because this makes no sense a vehicle with 3000 miles squeaking like this and it is embarrassing!
2021 Sport. Less than 5k miles. Rear breaks, when backing up, laud squeaky noise since I drove it off lot. Service Dept just says.. that just how breaks are made now. It’s a bs excuse and they refuse to address. Nothing like being embarrassed by your new car, every time you drive it…

OP
OP
boomboomthump

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I went in for my first service four weeks ago. Mentioned the squeaking brakes that started shortly after ownership. Also mentioned that there are many owners complaining of the same exact thing here.

The response was...

"These brakes suck... it's something with the pads... all these things squeak like crazy". The also told me, "not much we can do unless Ford issues a recall on them with a replacement part. If we replace them, it's just going to do it again."

Might be time to consider a class-action against Ford here. This is unreal.

Brand new vehicles that each and every day sound like you're stopping a garbage truck or something. SQUEAAAAAAAK!!!!!! (as every person around snaps their neck to look at you). Even more mortifying if there is a Jeep owner within earshot. :mad::poop:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine started squeaking with 8,000 miles on them, it’s not a horrible squeaking but still very annoying. Has anyone changed out their pads with some new pads of another brand?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine started squeaking with 8,000 miles on them, it’s not a horrible squeaking but still very annoying. Has anyone changed out their pads with some new pads of another brand?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife has a 2022 Wildtrak with 9k miles and hers just started the squeeking. I don't know if it's coming from both, but it's definitely coming from the front drivers side. I don't know who they get their pads from, but the amount of dust that comes from them is terrible.

Sponsored

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same thing has happened to mine. Started at 12,500 mile mark and now at 13,775 and still going. Obviously in the morning it’s cold and wet so it squeaks till it warms up and while driving and everything is fine. But it starts to squeak loud when I’m slowly rolling into a stop. Especially when I’m in bumper to bumper traffic being in LA of course always traffic. It squeaks a lot and everytime I go for maintence they have that the breaks all cleared and good.

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine are squealing too. It has been on and off since i bought it, but it will go away after heavy brake usage (1 pedal mode on the trail).

I have asked the dealer about it a few times and there is no resolution available.

I am ordering a set of PowerStop Z36 pads (Z36-2414) to see if that is the issue - they are carbon fiber ceramic pads and should make a difference.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine are squealing too. It has been on and off since i bought it, but it will go away after heavy brake usage (1 pedal mode on the trail).

I have asked the dealer about it a few times and there is no resolution available.

I am ordering a set of PowerStop Z36 pads (Z36-2414) to see if that is the issue - they are carbon fiber ceramic pads and should make a difference.

I did the same thing with my 2021 F150. Brakes squeaked from day 1. After 7K miles I couldn't take it any more. Changed pads, problem gone!

madfella

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the same thing with my 2021 F150. Brakes squeaked from day 1. After 7K miles I couldn't take it any more. Changed pads, problem gone!
After zero reply from the dealership and Ford, I also took matters into my own hands. I sanded down my pads and rotors and the squeal is gone! Next step is changing the pads if this temp fix doesn’t last. Good luck fellas and ladies!

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is squeaking pretty bad as well. I'm at 24k on my Big Bend. Been doing so for the past 10k miles. @Ford Motor Company any fix for this?
Sponsored