Sponsored

Stabilizer bar disconnect on other models?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody besides me would like to see the stabar disconnect on at least the BD and Wildtrak models? At least offer it as an option.....
Chance of that coming for 2022?
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody besides me would like to see the stabar disconnect on at least the BD and Wildtrak models? At least offer it as an option.....
Yes, it should be offered on anything with Sasquatch…but I doubt they do that for 22.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it should be offered on anything with Sasquatch…but I doubt they do that for 22.
Then people will really complain the Sasquatch is too expensive.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At the very least if it has “Rock Crawl” mode, then it should have the stay bar disconnect IMO.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This and a surround camera on a base would be so awesome. I agree that it's the only thing making the badlands unique and worth it for some folks to pay the badlands premium for this one feature and then everything else Ford tosses in to drive up the price. So doubt it's offered on lower trims.

If anything I can maybe see them adding it to wildtrack since it's a supposed desert runner and it's a nice feature for smoothing out the ride (up to a safe speed for the lawyers). Also maybe offered on the first edition replacement in future years such as heritage, king ranch, outdoorsman, etc.

I still want to see a squatch badlands vs a squatch base in the rocks. My theory is you get more comfort than performance out of the sway bar disco on an IFS, but the bronco flexes pretty decent so maybe it is a big deal.

EdVA

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to see that on a BD, but like others have said, seriously doubt we’ll see It, whole reason for the BL.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't disagree, but at that point the Badlands trim would be effectively pointless. And Ford will want to keep at least one high-end trim that is the "extreme off-roading!!!" trim that they can use in all of their marketing.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course. Hell, I'd like to only see 1 trim, a base model, and every single option is ala carte from there.

But I'm thinking at least the SBD has a chance to filter down to other trims in future years.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course. Hell, I'd like to only see 1 trim, a base model, and every single option is ala carte from there.

But I'm thinking at least the SBD has a chance to filter down to other trims in future years.
I think you’re confused… This isn’t a buffet. You can’t add mashed potato’s to your pineapple pizza.

Meanwhile, if you order a Porsche or something you can choose the stitching colour around your door locks and what kind of dead animal skin your seats are made from…

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This and a surround camera on a base would be so awesome. I agree that it's the only thing making the badlands unique and worth it for some folks to pay the badlands premium for this one feature and then everything else Ford tosses in to drive up the price. So doubt it's offered on lower trims.

If anything I can maybe see them adding it to wildtrack since it's a supposed desert runner and it's a nice feature for smoothing out the ride (up to a safe speed for the lawyers). Also maybe offered on the first edition replacement in future years such as heritage, king ranch, outdoorsman, etc.

I still want to see a squatch badlands vs a squatch base in the rocks. My theory is you get more comfort than performance out of the sway bar disco on an IFS, but the bronco flexes pretty decent so maybe it is a big deal.
Comfort with the sway bar disconnected is at slow speeds, it minimizes side rocking over bumps and rocks. For going faster you actually want the sway bar connected for stability in quick turns of the steering wheel to maintain control and avoid rocks and things. So, I don't see them offering it on a Wildtrack. Sway bar disconnect is a trail running thing, hence on the Badlands. Also, since there is no rear sway bar, I imagine the front sway bar is relatively large, so it should make a big difference when disconnected.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Comfort with the sway bar disconnected is at slow speeds, it minimizes side rocking over bumps and rocks. For going faster you actually want the sway bar connected for stability in quick turns of the steering wheel to maintain control and avoid rocks and things. So, I don't see them offering it on a Wildtrack. Sway bar disconnect is a trail running thing, hence on the Badlands. Also, since there is no rear sway bar, I imagine the front sway bar is relatively large, so it should make a big difference when disconnected.
I have owned multiple vehicles with sway bar SFA discos it helps absorb bumps at any speed. But yes at some point it can be considered unsafe (Ford already limits its speed due to lawyers). Some hardcore Jeepers disconnect them permanently and drive everywhere.

It would absolutely be nice feature to have on a wildtrack for faster off-road driving (not unsafe desert racing speed but certainly faster than rock crawling slow). I can see them possibly adding it as on option there since it's a higher dollar trim.

It definitely increases articulation but it also lowers the front end a bit since it's not as SFA. You get a bit of a V effect on IFS versus a straight line on SFA resulting in less flex and traction on IFS because the opposite wheel isn't being forced down. There are plenty of bronco vids out there were it improves traction a bit more but not a crazy increase. Which is why I would really like to see a few real world comparisons with and without sway bar disco. It's certainly a nice feature to have just curious to see how much it improves real world performance and if it's worth the badlands premium..

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd like it as an option too. It's supposed to be hard to put in say, a Wildtrack after the fact right?

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have owned multiple vehicles with sway bar SFA discos it helps absorb bumps at any speed. But yes at some point it can be considered unsafe (Ford already limits its speed due to lawyers). Some hardcore Jeepers disconnect them permanently and drive everywhere.

It would absolutely be nice feature to have on a wildtrack for faster off-road driving (not unsafe desert racing speed but certainly faster than rock crawling slow). I can see them possibly adding it as on option there since it's a higher dollar trim.

It definitely increases articulation but it also lowers the front end a bit since it's not as SFA. You get a bit of a V effect on IFS versus a straight line on SFA resulting in less flex and traction on IFS because the opposite wheel isn't being forced down. There are plenty of bronco vids out there were it improves traction a bit more but not a crazy increase. Which is why I would really like to see a few real world comparisons with and without sway bar disco. It's certainly a nice feature to have just curious to see how much it improves real world performance and if it's worth the badlands premium..
Since I'm a desert racer and have a shelf full of trophies and a class national championship, I'll politely disagree that no sway bar helps absorb bumps at any speed. Suspension tuning absorbs bumps, it's the job of shocks and springs. A disconnected sway bar only minimizes slow speed side motion of the body which can be uncomfortable. At speed, you want control as you make quick steering corrections to maintain control and direction, and you want that sway bar. Yes, for exploring at lower speeds, a disconnected sway bar can be more comfortable, but not because of handling bumps, it reduces side reflex of the chassis. I'm going to bet that the IFS of the Bronco does much more of that on it's own compared to a strait axle car, with or without a sway bar disco.

I also take issue with so called hard core Jeepers who leave off a sway bar. This is the exception, not the rule, and some people simply have lower standards and expectations. Sure, if someone has a very stiff suspension, and they say it handles perfectly fine on the road, they don't say or even know that it rides like crap, especially off road. I challenge this regularly, as do many others, on Jeep discussion boards. Personally, I don't see a Wildtrack having a disco. If you want to run trails get a Badlands. Personal opinion here.
Sponsored