First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve searched through a ton of threads and found that with the standard headlights (see attached pic - not the signature lighting) that if you change the DRL to the amber turn, the low-beam headlights still come on as the DRL’s.

Has anyone figured out a way to program with Forscan so that ONLY the small amber (turn signal section) can be on for DRL’s?

Thank you so much

image.jpg
Sponsored

Ramik

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB / Sas + 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had the same question for a while now… hoping someone’s figured it out!

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wouldn’t those just be considered the parking lights and selectable with the switch (every time you get in to drive)?

OP
OP
ameration

ameration

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting: Bronco 4-Door Wildtrak & 2-Door Base
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one has figured this out / no known setting to do this?

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think standard lights are configurable in any way. I bought a take-off set to mess around with because I prefer the look over the signature lights, and there are no modules or LED drivers on then like the signature lights have. Not 100% positive on that, but that's my guess from looking at them externally. I had one regular and one signature hooked up, messed with settings in forscan and the regular never did anything different that I saw.

Sponsored

riyatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it possible even have the ambers come on as DRL's using forscan? If so can someone please let me know where i can find the settings for that. TIA

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it possible even have the ambers come on as DRL's using forscan? If so can someone please let me know where i can find the settings for that. TIA
About a year ago, I tried a bunch of options in forscan. I could get the ambers to come on as DRL after changing some things, but the headlights were also on then as well. Never could get just the ambers (without headlights as well) to be the DRL. I gave up, good luck!

riyatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

About a year ago, I tried a bunch of options in forscan. I could get the ambers to come on as DRL after changing some things, but the headlights were also on then as well. Never could get just the ambers (without headlights as well) to be the DRL. I gave up, good luck!
Do you have the forscan setting to get the ambers to turn on as drl's? Would just like those to stay on even with the low beams.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had to look up my old posts, but here you go below in italics. This worked for getting the DRL to activate amber bars and low beams both on as DRL. At that point it was equivalent to running around with my headlights on all the time, same as factory at night. I turned it off, let me know if you find a way to get ambers ONLY as DRL.

I have a 22 Black Diamond with the base headlights. Default from factory for DRL is low beams only. Trying to change to amber bars for drl only, no low beams. I tried all the different DRL settings in the as built, nothing worked. Using the BdyCM drop down menu config, I was able to get the amber bars to turn on with the DRL's by changing both Left and Right Front Turn Lamp Usage to "Turn and DRL'. Now I have both amber bars and low beams as my DRL. Any ideas on how to shut of the low beams and just leave the amber bars for drl?

riyatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had to look up my old posts, but here you go below in italics. This worked for getting the DRL to activate amber bars and low beams both on as DRL. At that point it was equivalent to running around with my headlights on all the time, same as factory at night. I turned it off, let me know if you find a way to get ambers ONLY as DRL.

I have a 22 Black Diamond with the base headlights. Default from factory for DRL is low beams only. Trying to change to amber bars for drl only, no low beams. I tried all the different DRL settings in the as built, nothing worked. Using the BdyCM drop down menu config, I was able to get the amber bars to turn on with the DRL's by changing both Left and Right Front Turn Lamp Usage to "Turn and DRL'. Now I have both amber bars and low beams as my DRL. Any ideas on how to shut of the low beams and just leave the amber bars for drl?
Thanks for looking it up! Have a Maverick as well and on the Maverick forums someone got it working with the low beams off but seems the setting doesnt hold.

Sponsored

Oly_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried just turning the parking lights on? This is how I drive during the day because I want just the solid turn signal while driving and then it blinks when I put my turn signal on. I did this because I have a pair of Baja Designs LP4's on my A pillar and they have an amber backlight that turns on when I have power to the headlight/parking light.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you tried just turning the parking lights on? This is how I drive during the day because I want just the solid turn signal while driving and then it blinks when I put my turn signal on. I did this because I have a pair of Baja Designs LP4's on my A pillar and they have an amber backlight that turns on when I have power to the headlight/parking light.
I get that, but I hate messing with the lights and then forget to put them back in auto mode and drive around with no headlights at night.

Oly_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get that, but I hate messing with the lights and then forget to put them back in auto mode and drive around with no headlights at night.
that is the one draw back. When I get out of the vehicle I always just switch back to auto because otherwise there is still power and the Bronco will beep at you.
Sponsored