OldGuardV6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2015 Mustang 1995 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been looking for an OEM steel bumper, or one that looks close with a license plate cutout, and I stumbled across this one. It looks simple, and I like the almost factory look but it would be good to see it from more angles. Has anyone purchased this bumper? Did it work with your hitch? Do you have some more pics?

Thanks in advance!

Ford Bronco Steelcraft Fortis HD Rear Bumper 1689872099446

https://realtruck.com/p/steelcraft-...VAG1vBB0A2A8vEAQYAyABEgI_0fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time I've seen this, does look pretty good. Not much info on the website, I'd be curious how thick the metal is...some of these off-brands aren't the best quality.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have emailed them a few times, its 10 gauge steel so like 1/8" thick. Only a few pictures are available on Steelcrafts instagram, looks to be mostly a cosmetic bumper.
Agreed. A lot of these no-names call their bumpers "Heavy Duty" when they aren't even close.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. A lot of these no-names call their bumpers "Heavy Duty" when they aren't even close.
Its heavy duty compared to stock! Still could get a dent from a light impact. Like the op I saw the price and like the design but its far from what I personally need for my uses.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OldGuardV6

OldGuardV6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
First time I've seen this, does look pretty good. Not much info on the website, I'd be curious how thick the metal is...some of these off-brands aren't the best quality.
They say it's 6 gauge. Not sure if that is as thick as other bumpers, but I just want something that looks stock and is a little more stout than the plastic bumper. Not a rock crawler so anything is better than what I have. Every time I go through a ditch I feel like that plastic bumper is going to pop off.

OP
OP
OldGuardV6

OldGuardV6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have emailed them a few times, its 10 gauge steel so like 1/8" thick. Only a few pictures are available on Steelcrafts instagram, looks to be mostly a cosmetic bumper.
Really? They said 6 gauge on the Q and A section. I just wish they had more pics and info!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really? They said 6 gauge on the Q and A section. I just wish they had more pics and info!!
I am only quoting what I got from them in an email months ago. I am currently eyeing the turn offroad rear bumper but waiting for someone else to buy the first one. Same deal, not quite sure on what your getting till someone post some pictures.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am only quoting what I got from them in an email months ago. I am currently eyeing the turn offroad rear bumper but waiting for someone else to buy the first one. Same deal, not quite sure on what your getting till someone post some pictures.
Our RB1-M1 plate bumper is 6 gauge where it mounts to the vehicle and at all of the gusseting and 8 gauge everywhere else. We found that thicker material than that was just added weight without much if any added benefit.

We really need to get some videos up of the products performing offroad.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like it as well. The website says it has two cut outs for 3” cubes though, but I don’t see any cutouts from the one bad picture they have posted.

OP
OP
OldGuardV6

OldGuardV6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like it as well. The website says it has two cut outs for 3” cubes though, but I don’t see any cutouts from the one bad picture they have posted.
I went to the Manufacturer's website, and they don't have any pictures there either. They mention the 3 inch cube lights, but pedestal mount. They also mention D Ring Shackle Mounts, but Where? At least I know now that it's compatible with the Hitch! I did ask them for more pictures. If they send some, I will post them.

Manufacturers site:
https://steelcraftautomotive.com/i-30498886-fortis-rear-bumper-fine-texture-black.html

Looks decent in the instructions. PARTS LIST: (thiecommerce.com)

I really like the rock-hard rear bumper too Rock Hard 4x4™ Patriot Series Rear Bumper for Ford Bronco 2021 - Current [RH-60300] , but it is essentially twice as much (after $300 shipping) and, while it looks like an absolute beast, it looks like it sticks out just a bit far for my taste. I'm Not a big fan of my bumper being a billboard either. I would almost rather pay more to not have a company logo/brand on my parts. The Fortis HD has a logo too, but it is a bit more inconspicuous under the spare.

I'm going to hold off a little while to see if someone shows up with pics, but if I don't see any I might just bite the bullet and be the guinea pig myself.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to the Manufacturer's website, and they don't have any pictures there either. They mention the 3 inch cube lights, but pedestal mount. They also mention D Ring Shackle Mounts, but Where? At least I know now that it's compatible with the Hitch! I did ask them for more pictures. If they send some, I will post them.

Manufacturers site:
https://steelcraftautomotive.com/i-30498886-fortis-rear-bumper-fine-texture-black.html

I really like the rock-hard rear bumper too Rock Hard 4x4™ Patriot Series Rear Bumper for Ford Bronco 2021 - Current [RH-60300] , but it is essentially twice as much (after $300 shipping) and, while it looks like an absolute beast, it looks like it sticks out just a bit far for my taste. I'm Not a big fan of my bumper being a billboard either. I would almost rather pay more to not have a company logo/brand on my parts. The Fortis HD has a logo too, but it is a bit more inconspicuous under the spare.

I'm going to hold off a little while to see if someone shows up with pics, but if I don't see any I might just bite the bullet and be the guinea pig myself.
Everyone loves a guinea pig! I went the guinea pig route on the Barricade (or Scorpion or RedHook...all the same) rear HD tubular bumper. Finish is pretty good, welds all looked good and the tubing is substantial at .190" thickness however the flat deck plate sections are pretty thin, about same as OEM. The frame connections are 1/4" and stout and I do like the fact that the recovery points pass through the outer plate and are actually welded to the frame connection points. I ended up eliminating the exterior mounting points for the goofy bolt-on dress up pieces and covered up the Barricade branding. I haven't been able to find an actual HD bumper that gives me a warm fuzzy for a reasonable amount of money...this will get me by until the Bronco tax starts to come down.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Manufacturers site:

The Rock Hard bumper looks pretty good but the location of the recovery points being way outside of the frame connection points would be a no go for me. I want the recovery points as close to the frame connection points as possible.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Manufacturers site:

Thanks for finding the additional information. I think your wants are similar to mine. Basic looking steel bumper over the OEM plastic to just be a little heavier duty than plastic. Nothing fancy, minimal branding, and maintain OEM license plate location. I've been searching for awhile, and have narrowed it down to these two:

Premium Rear Bumper | Fab Fours

2021-2023 Bronco Rear Bumper | Rock Fighter | ADD Offroad – Addictive Desert Designs
Sponsored