First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I replaced the 4" dash speakers yesterday and the sound is noticeably cleaner, and the highs are much more noticeable, I had to turn down the treble (I had it cranked up before with the stock speakers). The one thing that still needs improvement is the bass. I don't want to go crazy with the upgrades so I'm thinking of getting a kicker hideaway. Problem is I'm kind of a noob with this stuff so I don't fully understand what I need to do to install it. Obviously I know I need to run power and ground, and I should be able to tap into the kick panel speakers since the hideaway has speaker level inputs. The part that I'm confused about is remote wire. I know if this was a standard install to an aftermarket head unit I would run the remote wire to it, but do I need a remote wire connection if tapping into the speakers and using those high level inputs? I tried looking thru the forum but I think most of these posts assume you know the wiring basics so I haven't been able to find the information I'm looking for. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

BigJ2

Wildtrak
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I put mine under the driver's seat. Used some rug double-sided tape to prevent it from sliding.
Iā€™d love to see pics! I was always curious about the clearance under the seat with this unit. Iā€™m torn between something under the seat or a tailgate enclosure.

Sponsored

OBXSquatch21

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I replaced the 4" dash speakers yesterday and the sound is noticeably cleaner, and the highs are much more noticeable, I had to turn down the treble (I had it cranked up before with the stock speakers). The one thing that still needs improvement is the bass. I don't want to go crazy with the upgrades so I'm thinking of getting a kicker hideaway. Problem is I'm kind of a noob with this stuff so I don't fully understand what I need to do to install it. Obviously I know I need to run power and ground, and I should be able to tap into the kick panel speakers since the hideaway has speaker level inputs. The part that I'm confused about is remote wire. I know if this was a standard install to an aftermarket head unit I would run the remote wire to it, but do I need a remote wire connection if tapping into the speakers and using those high level inputs? I tried looking thru the forum but I think most of these posts assume you know the wiring basics so I haven't been able to find the information I'm looking for. Any help is appreciated.
Just go to a local shop and pay to have it put in. There's not alot involved with it and shouldn't cost much.

tdh1971

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at doing this exact same thing. I am not sure how to run the passenger speaker wire to the sub. I would put the kicker hideaway under my driver seat.
Sponsored