HTX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Second time posting on here, but have been following this forum throughout my 2 year journey with the ordering process as many, many of you guys have and with my order just getting shipped a problem as come up and figured I'd see what you all have to say/do in this situation.

I originally had an early reservation, not day 1 but relatively early, as the wait continued I canceled the reservation and decided to keep my current car, which I love. So time passed and I keep catching myself on this forum or the Ford Bronco built website, so in January of this year, I decided to reorder. After hearing all the delays with the hardtop I placed my INITIAL order with a soft-top w/prep kit. I then, 7-10 days later I texted my agent and request to change my order to a hardtop MIC, which he replied, the next day confirming the order had been changed. All is good, checking in once a month, no update.

Fast forward to first week of August, I request the built sheet to confirm everything is good to go, just had a feeling it would happen towards the end of the year and hell I wanted to make sure everything was good. I noticed it still had the soft-top on the built sheet, which then I stated that we had changed that to a hard-top which he reconfirmed that it was on the built-sheet but they had changed it in the Ford Ordering system. Okay, fine... seems logical enough to me.

Today, I received the assembly line photo, and to my surprise theres a soft-top.

I have already done a good bit of research on different hard-tops prior and seems like ADV is the only one remotely close to achieve something. Seeing people on here quoting $5-10K from Ford. Like I said ADV has one for $5-7K, but thats gonna be awhile. Highly doubt the dealership can order one to fix this error on their part. Can't really re-order a bronco and wait another 2-3 years for delivery since I am giving my current car to my brother who is turning 16 very soon.

All suggestions would be helpful. Yes, the most obvious is just keep the soft-top, which I will, but ultimately I want a hard-top, and I don't want to be screwed on a $1K option from the factory to thousands on something that was not my fault.
Sponsored

Geaux Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We thought we would want to replace our soft top with a hard top. But after driving it for a few months, we’re liking the soft top. We’re either gonna wait for better after marker hard top options or just keep the soft top.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That ADV top looks pretty nice and the price isn't crazy high. Use the soft top until the ADV is available.
Mine came with the factory hard top. Might switch to the ADV when they become available. If I do, will go with the solid top. To me, it looks really nice with the entire top removed vs only center sections. Soft top didn't interest me. Don't care for the look when flipped back. Also, I'm in Wisconsin. Soft tops and snow don't play nicely together.
I don't hate the factory top but I anticipate water issues down the road with all of the rubber seals. The rubber seals do make some funky sounds if the top has dew on it when put back on. It's kind of a crackling sound when driving on rough roads.
Have a broncover ordered to keep on hand for emergencies.
I honestly wouldn't worry about the mix up.
When you get your hard top, sell the soft top. There's someone out there that ended up the exact opposite situation

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, the HT is the price of the included ST plus whatever the HT upgrade is. It's not just a $1000 top.

Basically, saying your not getting screwed. Don't feel bad

Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
use this one until the one you reorder (with a different dealer) comes in

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went back and forth on the hard top/soft top debate, ultimately choosing the soft top. My logic was (a) the soft top is far more convenient, and (b) the Ford hard top has its own set of well-documented issues.

My only concern was winter. I live in snow-filled West Michigan, so if the soft top does not meet my winter expectations, I'll have to suffer through this first one. But that gives the aftermarket at least another year to come up with feasible, and hopefully more affordable options.

I see you're in Texas, so snow shouldn't be an issue - just whatever concerns that made you switch initially. Can you live with the soft top long enough to find an aftermarket alternative or start over with a hard-top order?

OP
OP
HTX_Bronco

HTX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We thought we would want to replace our soft top with a hard top. But after driving it for a few months, we’re liking the soft top. We’re either gonna wait for better after marker hard top options or just keep the soft top.
Hoping that I’ll enjoy the soft top as much as you have. My main concern is the way it looks, but at least I’ll be able to enjoy the fall/winter a little easier.

OP
OP
HTX_Bronco

HTX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That ADV top looks pretty nice and the price isn't crazy high. Use the soft top until the ADV is available.
Mine came with the factory hard top. Might switch to the ADV when they become available. If I do, will go with the solid top. To me, it looks really nice with the entire top removed vs only center sections. Soft top didn't interest me. Don't care for the look when flipped back. Also, I'm in Wisconsin. Soft tops and snow don't play nicely together.
I don't hate the factory top but I anticipate water issues down the road with all of the rubber seals. The rubber seals do make some funky sounds if the top has dew on it when put back on. It's kind of a crackling sound when driving on rough roads.
Have a broncover ordered to keep on hand for emergencies.
I honestly wouldn't worry about the mix up.
When you get your hard top, sell the soft top. There's someone out there that ended up the exact opposite situation
Yeah I just saw the ADV prototypes and they look amazing! I wanted a finished product off the line but slowly realizing this will become a project, which is exciting in its own right.

Hey at least I have a Bronco!

OP
OP
HTX_Bronco

HTX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy the bronco. If you don’t like the soft top sell it (or trade it in)and buy the one you want.
How much is the soft top going for? Seeing a lot of trades plus cash for a hardtop but not getting a good read on just selling it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HTX_Bronco

HTX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and forth on the hard top/soft top debate, ultimately choosing the soft top. My logic was (a) the soft top is far more convenient, and (b) the Ford hard top has its own set of well-documented issues.

My only concern was winter. I live in snow-filled West Michigan, so if the soft top does not meet my winter expectations, I'll have to suffer through this first one. But that gives the aftermarket at least another year to come up with feasible, and hopefully more affordable options.

I see you're in Texas, so snow shouldn't be an issue - just whatever concerns that made you switch initially. Can you live with the soft top long enough to find an aftermarket alternative or start over with a hard-top order?
Those are two good points, the soft top is more convenient and there have been a lot of issues with the MIC. I can definitely live with it down here in Houston, was just worried about road noise and overall appearance.

OP
OP
HTX_Bronco

HTX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much are you guys seeing the soft tops selling for?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Man the mix up sucks but I love the soft top. Nice day under 5 minutes top down. Windows in the cargo area. Can have it back on and up in 5 min. The soft top can also be completely unbolted and removed like the hard top. That said I would like to have both. I got my Bronco in January in Michigan. It did well they the winter warm as can be. But in do worry about the life span of the windows and fabric in the cold. Eventually I’ll get a hard to for winter and keep the softy for summer. Try it before you knock it. I will say the dealer should hook you up with something for the inconvenience.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Really sucks, I'd use it as some type of bargaining chip during purchase. Show the texts and try to get some free oil changes, upgraded tires (I'm sure they have some take-offs laying around if you like any other model's tire/wheel options), or something. But definitely take delivery.

After that, my direction would be keeping an eye on any being parted out with the hard top undamaged (might be a couple years), try to trade for a hard top (being in the south helps, offer $1.5-$2k on top of your soft), re-order and sell in a year, or go aftermarket.

Re-ordering and selling, even after a year or so, will probably "cost" you around the same as buying a hard top, but you get a new bronco out of it. I'm sure you can talk to your current dealer about doing exactly that, I guarantee they'd be interested since they're still flipping them $10k+ over MSRP and demand vs supply isn't going to sort itself out anytime soon. Good luck!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much is the soft top going for? Seeing a lot of trades plus cash for a hardtop but not getting a good read on just selling it.
Type the VIN in Carvana as a starting point.
Sponsored