swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
GM got it back in 2019. I heard a week or two ago that Stellantis were by far the front runner for a strike. However, their offer on base pay has been the best thus far with Ford the worst. These variables probably have little effect on singling out a single company for strike. That may be based more on recent historical profits and/or CEO pay.
Sponsored

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

GM got it back in 2019. I heard a week or two ago that Stellantis were by far the front runner for a strike. However, their offer on base pay has been the best thus far with Ford the worst. These variables probably have little effect on singling out a single company for strike. That may be based more on recent historical profits and/or CEO pay.
The strategy of singling out one Company has more to do with the fact that the UAW would have 9 months vs 3 months of supplemental pay for members on strike. I doubt any offer is serious at this time. They know a strike is imminent. Serious offers won’t be on the table until union members are months behind on their house notes.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Getting off topic here, me included. Oh well there are many strike threads and I enjoy the discussion.

The strategy of singling out one Company has more to do with the fact that the UAW would have 9 months vs 3 months of supplemental pay for members on strike.
Sure. But beyond deciding on a single target, one must decide which singular target. That was what I was getting at.

I doubt any offer is serious at this time. They know a strike is imminent. Serious offers won’t be on the table until union members are months behind on their house notes.
Focusing on pay raises, which is obviously the most contentious and critical factor, the gap so far has narrowed by almost half (Initial UAW 46%, Ford initial 9%, currently UAW mid 30's and Stellantis mid teens - I can't find exact figures - it doesn't seem they are being made public yet thus (46-9) = 37 vs (35-15) = 20). Half is pretty good days before a potential strike.

I think the offers will be "serious" well before strikers have been at it for months. I also think the final pay numbers will be closer to initial Big 3 numbers than initial UAW demands.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

RobinsNest

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback, 1966 Mustang GT Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have an order in for a 23MY red and white 2 door Heritage that I placed on Mar 28. I have not yet received a build date. With the looming strike, I’m not holding out much hope. My dealer suggested we put in another order for a ’24. But an equivalent ’24 is $3205 more on ford.com with all the price hikes. And 2 door Heritage is now a constraint! I say it is all a conspiracy: ford building more for dealer stock so they can ask 5-10k above sticker, and then force me to order a 24 and pay 3K more?! I’m about to say ‘no thanks’ but still want one lol. May consider purchasing a 1:18 scale diecast instead!

This comment's likes: 0

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@U725Hopeful , Your likely price increase sucks. I probably mention mine, should my scheduled build get MY bumped, it is about $13k.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure as hell wouldn't want my build going down the line the afternoon of the 12th....that would suck.
I wouldn't want my build going down the line when they come back either. Let's assume they get a big raise out of this, now we are taking "quality lacking production" and inflating their heads even more by giving them more money. If everyone thought quality sucked before, wait until the entitled get rewarded for it.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't want my build going down the line when they come back either. Let's assume they get a big raise out of this, now we are taking "quality lacking production" and inflating their heads even more by giving them more money. If everyone thought quality sucked before, wait until the entitled get rewarded for it.
We want more money-pay us to show up=we offer nothing in return. Those that still have pride in their workmanship still will, just wonder what percentage of the plant workers that amounts to anymore. This whole thing is a dangerous game of chicken bigger than just them and will likely impact this entire sector if they strike. Sad when people think taking hostages is a winning strategy.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We want more money-pay us to show up=we offer nothing in return. Those that still have pride in their workmanship still will, just wonder what percentage of the plant workers that amounts to anymore.
Those parts up there are why I don't care for unions.

Those who SHOW UP and take PRIDE in their work should be paid based on that alone. Instead, you could have 10 people on a line (just throwing a number out there), 2 of them bust their ass every day while the other 8 are there to collect a paycheck. So tell me why those other 8 should make the same as the 2 who show up and produce good work?

All I know is, as long as I have my @flip to order my parts (and give me another 5 quotes on stuff I may or may not buy 🤷‍♂️), I'm good! 😁

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not worth the price increase, unless you have unlimited" F.U." money.
I'm largely in agreement. The truck was really worth the launch price and even my agreed upon early '23 price, but the base '24 price with almost guaranteed ADM, not so much.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those parts up there are why I don't care for unions.

Those who SHOW UP and take PRIDE in their work should be paid based on that alone. Instead, you could have 10 people on a line (just throwing a number out there), 2 of them bust their ass every day while the other 8 are there to collect a paycheck. So tell me why those other 8 should make the same as the 2 who show up and produce good work?

All I know is, as long as I have my @flip to order my parts (and give me another 5 quotes on stuff I may or may not buy 🤷‍♂️), I'm good! 😁
If they strike, they've said some of the salaried workers, like my CPWD rep, could be called into the warehouse to pull parts. This is no comfort because he really has no idea how the wholesale business operates on this end. It's just unfortunate that the main people impacted, dealers and customers, don't have any say in this or seat at the table. My question going forward is where is the ceiling? At some point labor and legacy costs are going to hit a point where they can't be offset by vehicle and part price increases or by bleeding the dealer body.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have a feeling Ford might hit the pause on taking orders if the strike ends up happening.
Sponsored

Last edited: