swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went into production yesterday @Williamoscar23 with a build week next week as well (18th). I'm sure I'll get stuck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing on post #41 @Wardognal ?
Maybe it has changed but way back in 2021 when I was following the scheduling due to my build progress, I believe it was when you received your VIN that Ford was basically saying "Hey we have all your parts in hand to assemble your bronco". The production week emails seemed more like a "good faith" estimate based on when Ford was projecting to have all parts in hand. For me, my production week got moved back 4 times (I know others was even longer) due to the MIC top 1.0 to 2.0 transition. I would assume that if the strike does in fact cause parts delay, that we would see production weeks delay as well.

Side note, it's crazy to think it's already been 2 years since my bronco was born lol. Anyone that is waiting, I'm certainly pulling for y'all to get yours sooner than later!

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Today is the big day for the strike - my build week is next week I donā€™t see that happening šŸ˜­šŸ˜­. Still scheduled for production but not in production - in it for the long haul. Best of luck to everyone.
Same . . . we have a couple options out there if our build doesn't move forward.

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nothing on post #41 @Wardognal ?
First good luck on getting your blend next week. I like your chances.

If you donā€™t want to believe the constraint report indicates that the drive trains for scheduled orders are secured, I donā€™t know what more to say. The report clearly indicates that there is an overstock of both engines beyond the 10,171 unscheduled orders. Which is good news for you.

Tomorrow we will know if the assembly line plants are striking or not. If they continue to work you and all scheduled orders will have hope. MY24 orders may be a year away from delivery. Again good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First good luck on getting your blend next week. I like your chances.

If you donā€™t want to believe the constraint report indicates that the drive trains for scheduled orders are secured, I donā€™t know what more to say. The report clearly indicates that there is an overstock of both engines beyond the 10,171 unscheduled orders. Which is good news for you.

Tomorrow we will know if the assembly line plants are striking or not. If they continue to work you and all scheduled orders will have hope. MY24 orders may be a year away from delivery. Again good luck.
Thanks bud, appreciated the well wishes. You're more optimistic than me for sure.

As far as the capacity exceeding the order banks, that means nothing to me about Ford choosing to build systems before the line needs them. They have the potential (i.e. capacity) to do so, but they can't store a bunch of things like engines and trannies awaiting the line. Again, they must be doing something like JIT.

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks bud, appreciated the well wishes. You're more optimistic than me for sure.

As far as the capacity exceeding the order banks, that means nothing to me about Ford choosing to build systems before the line needs them. They have the potential (i.e. capacity) to do so, but they can't store a bunch of things like engines and trannies awaiting the line. Again, they must be doing something like JIT.
Sure it is some degree of JIT, but you seem to think the window is tighter than what would be practical. Logistics would require constant storing/staging of components at the assembly plant. This is all part of the scheduling process. Once you are scheduled, all components are scheduled to be staged for that build at the assembly plant ahead of the blend date. Obviously, there have been exceptions with chips. But that was a decision made ahead of time. It wasnā€™t like ,
ā€œOh no, there no chips in the chip room! What do we do now?ā€. Ford it was going to get 99% of the vehicles built and then install chips later.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sure it is some degree of JIT, but you seem to think the window is tighter than what would be practical. Logistics would require constant storing/staging of components at the assembly plant. This is all part of the scheduling process. Once you are scheduled, all components are scheduled to be staged for that build at the assembly plant ahead of the blend date. Obviously, there have been exceptions with chips. But that was a decision made ahead of time. It wasnā€™t like ,
ā€œOh no, there no chips in the chip room! What do we do now?ā€. Ford it was going to get 99% of the vehicles built and then install chips later.
Who knows, I've done some small scale manufacturing and manufacturing engineering but nothing like a car and not close to the volume they are built in.

My suspicion is that FMC do a pretty darn good job with JIT, meaning that large subsystems are either not or are very minimally inventoried and roll right from being completed, into the MAP line as needed on that point in the line. So again long story short, I'd be quite surprised if "my" engine and tranny are completely built today.

We probably can't settle this minor debate without more insider knowledge/input. Regardless it's been a good and cordial discussion and I truly thank you for your optimism and well wishes. Help keep up this tone here on the forum!

Are ya going to tune in soon to hear the plants which will get the (immediate) strikes?

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
MAP final assembly and paint is the identified strike target for Ford. Per the just delivered Facebook live event by Shawn Fain.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

MAP final assembly and paint is the identified strike target for Ford. Per the just delivered Facebook live event by Shawn Fain.
Yepp unless a deal is reached by midnight which is highly unlikely at this point. I do see couple of months delays as a result of the possible strike but I don't agree with ppl saying "oh you won't see your Bronco for years because of the strike" I think yes there will be delays due to the strike but no I don't think they will be YEARS behind because of this. Ford has few options to counter and minimize the impact on orders such as hitting pause on taking orders, only accepting customer orders and not dealers orders, etc...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My production week changed from 10/30 to 10/2 AFTER the strike started. Iā€™m not expecting that to hold. This is for a 2 Door a Heritage that I ordered in November 22. The production date was originally scheduled in May and has been pushed back at least 6 times.

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yepp unless a deal is reached by midnight which is highly unlikely at this point. I do see couple of months delays as a result of the possible strike but I don't agree with ppl saying "oh you won't see your Bronco for years because of the strike" I think yes there will be delays due to the strike but no I don't think they will be YEARS behind because of this. Ford has few options to counter and minimize the impact on orders such as hitting pause on taking orders, only accepting customer orders and not dealers orders, etc...
I am very close to pulling the trigger on one on a lot . . . just waiting on the final numbers. Will likely lose out deposit, but who knows when and if the strick will end soon.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just read where the Bronco seat manufacturer laid off employees due to the strike.
Sponsored