Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a quick update. They cleared the fault codes (4x4 fault?) and were able to get it back into 2H. Seems to be working fine. I will pick it up this afternoon. Something for others to keep an eye on if a similar issue occurs.
Can you update us later with what the issue was, after you pick it up from them?
Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

Take a tour around the Jeep forums and see how often they see failures of the transfer case lever, linkage, cable, plastic bushing, and retaining clips. It's more than never. Now usually you can crawl under the thing and shift the TC with a pair of vice grips, so you won't be stranded, but still...
The electronic T-case is shiftable with vise grips too, you just have to remove the 3 or 4 10mm bolts holding the oversized power window regulator, and strap it out of the way with some mechanic’s wire.👍 F.W.I.W. It’s usually the potentiometer on that oversized window regulator. He will likely get an “unable to re-produce problem” from the dealer if it is working now.

Last edited by a moderator:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a quick update. They cleared the fault codes (4x4 fault?) and were able to get it back into 2H. Seems to be working fine. I will pick it up this afternoon. Something for others to keep an eye on if a similar issue occurs.
I truly wish you the best. But I have yet to read that just clearing a code Actually fixes anything. To me it's kind of a way the dealer is saying "We have no idea".

Make sure to check those wires around your drive line to make sure they're not touching.

OP
OP
Winni Made

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, the dealer didn’t have any real answers. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for the input.

Sponsored

abbydiver

Outer Banks
First Name
Meagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - 4DR OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you get Service Vehicle Soon and Check 4x4 error messages? I’ve had a somewhat similar experience and mine is sitting at the dealership for the 2nd day after having it towed on Sunday. I was unable to get it to shift (in neutral) and I could barely turn the wheel.

OP
OP
Winni Made

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get Service Vehicle Soon and Check 4x4 error messages? I’ve had a somewhat similar experience and mine is sitting at the dealership for the 2nd day after having it towed on Sunday. I was unable to get it to shift (in neutral) and I could barely turn the wheel.
Yes, same error messages.

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Somehow I knew this would creep up, electronic shift t-case motors always fail. Jeep/ Trd pro = manual lever. It will work until we are pushing up daisies. Sorry about your inconvenience, should be a quick repair.
They don't always fail. That's a silly comment.

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Somehow I knew this would creep up, electronic shift t-case motors always fail. Jeep/ Trd pro = manual lever. It will work until we are pushing up daisies. Sorry about your inconvenience, should be a quick repair.
I knew Ford wouldn't be this cool, but a small part of me really hoped ford would give us an optional manual T-case.

That said, where I live the advanced 4x4 system should really come in handy so I'm not not too hung up about it... unlike the lack of a proper column mounted shifter.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had this issue today when trying to show somebody how the GOAT modes work and enable the lockers and stuff automatically. Was just sitting in my driveway, foot on the break, put in neutral, change mode to rock crawl mode. Then it got stuck and said there was a fault in the 4x4 system, and to service the vehicle soon. Would not let me shift it back to any other mode. Got a little worried, certainly did not impress the older gentleman that I was showing haha! Came inside and did a quick search and saw this thread, so I went back out and put it in reverse for a split second, then went forward a few inches, then put it back in neutral and hit 2h and it went back just fine.

I mean I wasn't planning on driving around like that obviously, but I didn't think it would be an issue to just let it do its thing if I wasn't moving. I've seen this on some older vehicles that had mechanical shifting t-case's, just had to move a little bit to let it lock. I just didn't think it would be an issue on this, but it makes sense I suppose. Just rather annoying that the thing flipped out and said to service the vehicle. Seems ok now, but I naturally got a concerned there for a bit.

Last edited:

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get out of this situation on the trail.

This happened to me yesterday. When I shifted into 4L, I think something happened in the front-end that didn't engage. I write this because the back tires were spinning and the fronts were not. I suspect that whatever this issue was caused the "Check 4x4" alert. Then the wrench icon appeared and get it to the dealer warning. I was stuck in low range.

None of the transfer case buttons lit up, nor did anything when you push them. The goat mode dial did bring up the modes on the dash cluster, but it didn't shift the transfer case with the different modes.

I shut the rig down for a few minutes and then turned it back on. The 4L light was then lit up on the button, but no ability to change. The warnings came back on immediately.

I shut it down again for five more minutes. This time when I turned it back on, everything seemed to reset. I was able to shift it back to 2H. No warnings.

To my wife's dismay, I then put it back in 4L and tackled the obstacle that started this adventure. No continuing problems.

I'll call the dealer and let them know. But I'm sure they won't have an answer.
Sponsored