First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Assuming no obvious physical damage. Usually it is the transmission speed sensor that can cause the weird engine reving in D.

clear any codes, disconnect the battery, reconnect battery, start, read/clear codes.

Attempt module relearning with FORSCAN. See if that jars it into gear.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check all of the plugs and wiring at or near the point of impact. Start where you see the obvious damage and work forward looking for any damaged wiring or plugs. Do the same working toward the rear.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fumey

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went back today and tried to put it in neutral tow, no luck. Just dropped the key off. I’ll let you guys know what the service department finds out. Thanks

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
While descending a trail, I scraped the chassis on compacted, muddy “step”. Heard a crunch and lost all momentum. The wheels lost all movement. Group I was with pulled me out seemed to think it was more to do with electronics- it will just not disengage from 4L. If I hit 4H it’ll start the process then asks to pull slowly ahead, which I can’t do cause the truck won’t move. Tried going to 2H same thing. In neutral the wheels won’t move. Tried rocking, pushing, pulling hoping to a “clunk” into gear, but nothing. Pulled and plugged back sensor off the transfer case by that capacitor looking thing, nothing. Tried unplugging the battery hoping to reset something, nothing. 4L still illuminated in the dash. Had it hauled to the dealership, but if anyone has some suggestions, I’m going to go back tomorrow and try it again.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it were actually stuck in 4 low, it should move under it's own power if that were the problem. I would venture a guess that the transfer case is possibly in neutral regardless of the electronic indicator, or there is something else going on. Tried telling it to shift into 4 low even though it indicates that it already is? Just for the sake of saying that you tried it, have you attempted to put the transfer case into neutral tow and assuming it will do that attempt to then shift into 2 high? All of this was much easier with a manual shifting transfer case...
Yup,manual hubs should be on bronco too,just in case electronics quit

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Black Diamond SAS - CPR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I was on the trail Saturday with my new Bronco (1200 miles on the odometer). First time I ever put it into 4 Low.

After a couple hours I was getting back on pavement and I tried to shift back to 2 wheel drive. I get a service 4x4 error and it will not shift out of 4 Low. Tried all kinds of stuff, disconnected the battery etc.

got it to the dealership about 10 miles away, waiting for a call to tell me what the story is. From my googly skills, sounds like I am not the only one this has happened to.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Black Diamond SAS - CPR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I was on the trail Saturday with my new Bronco (1200 miles on the odometer). First time I ever put it into 4 Low.

After a couple hours I was getting back on pavement and I tried to shift back to 2 wheel drive. I get a service 4x4 error and it will not shift out of 4 Low. Tried all kinds of stuff, disconnected the battery etc.

got it to the dealership about 10 miles away, waiting for a call to tell me what the story is. From my googly skills, sounds like I am not the only one this has happened to.

Just wanted to follow up on this. dealership couldn't figure out the issue but got it back to 2wd resetting the error codes or something... as soon as they went to shift it... same error code came back.

I needed the truck and asked them to put it outside in 2wd and I would come back next week for them to continue working on it once I arranged for another vehicle.

went to wash it before bringing it back and saw a wire pulled out of this plug.
Ford Bronco Won’t move- stuck in 4L 1668113735567

I pushed the wire back in and everything worked fine.... no error codes and shifted in and out of 4wd no problems.

I assume while I was trail riding a branch or something hit the wire out. It was a hassle, but glad it was such an easy fix.

OP
OP

Fumey

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wanted to follow up on this. dealership couldn't figure out the issue but got it back to 2wd resetting the error codes or something... as soon as they went to shift it... same error code came back.

I needed the truck and asked them to put it outside in 2wd and I would come back next week for them to continue working on it once I arranged for another vehicle.

1668113735567.png

I pushed the wire back in and everything worked fine.... no error codes and shifted in and out of 4wd no problems.

I assume while I was trail riding a branch or something hit the wire out. It was a hassle, but glad it was such an easy fix.
T

Ford Bronco Won’t move- stuck in 4L 1668113735567

Where is that? Looks like it’s on the frame? I don’t recall seeing one like that. Crazy how something so integral is just so vulnerable. Good for you though, nice getting your truck back!

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like we need to make a shield for this plug!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad u got it sorted. I always try to sort things out myself. Warranty or not,shops are on timelines and never put enough time in to sort anything. Simple fix for you in the end. Fords how to fix a vehicle book must not have mentioned that plug! Lol
Sponsored