Sponsored

Suggestion to Ford: Make Sasquatch a "Badlands lite" for Manual transmission cars

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand that there may be issues with the MT and 35s, but since they've developed the mt for the badlands with 33s, why not just slightly water down the sasquatch package for the manual transmission and offer the badlands suspension, 33s, and front/rear lockers? This would require no additional development on Ford's end. Has this been suggested to them at all?
Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Suggestion to Ford: Make Sasquatch a "Badlands lite" for Manual transmission cars BA68CCE7-C286-48D0-A87C-012FDAB0E5F2

looking at the badlands straight from the ford site, it shows the 35’s as optional with no mention of the Sasquatch package... I wonder if this will be a standalone upgrade, or they just forgot to asterisk the 35’s.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, they could make two or three levels of Sasquatch, like they have for the interior packages. Not a terrible idea. Plus, some people may want a badlands package, without the 35s.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Suggestion to Ford: Make Sasquatch a "Badlands lite" for Manual transmission cars BA68CCE7-C286-48D0-A87C-012FDAB0E5F2

looking at the badlands straight from the ford site, it shows the 35’s as optional with no mention of the Sasquatch package... I wonder if this will be a standalone upgrade, or they just forgot to asterisk the 35’s.
They mixed in the Sasquatch options with the rest on those pages, that doesn't mean anything. A Ford rep has confirmed you can't get 35s without Sasquatch.

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand that there may be issues with the MT and 35s, but since they've developed the mt for the badlands with 33s, why not just slightly water down the sasquatch package for the manual transmission and offer the badlands suspension, 33s, and front/rear lockers? This would require no additional development on Ford's end. Has this been suggested to them at all?
Seeing as that's literally just the Sasquatch with 33s instead of 35s, I'm sure the answer would be an unequivocal no.

OP
OP

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seeing as that's literally just the Sasquatch with 33s instead of 35s, I'm sure the answer would be an unequivocal no.
Well, they cite technical reasons for not making the sasquatch available on the manual. This is likely a gearing issue. They can't really use that, or cost as an excuse with the 33s.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, they cite technical reasons for not making the sasquatch available on the manual. This is likely a gearing issue. They can't really use that, or cost as an excuse with the 33s.
Unless they said, "It's not the gearing."

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only real reason* given is the "Trail Control" that is part of the Sasquatch package which requires the automatic transmission. The only difference between the Badlands trim and Sasquatch seems to be 35 in tires, bump stops/"limiters" to prevent the larger tires being too stuffed, and the "Trail Control" feature which requires auto. Somebody at Ford is determined to keep the Sasquatch package for automatic transmissions only.

*from the Q&A the forum came up with for the recent Bronco event

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only real reason* given is the "Trail Control" that is part of the Sasquatch package which requires the automatic transmission. The only difference between the Badlands trim and Sasquatch seems to be 35 in tires, bump stops/"limiters" to prevent the larger tires being too stuffed, and the "Trail Control" feature which requires auto. Somebody at Ford is determined to keep the Sasquatch package for automatic transmissions only.

No, it was a canned answer with no specific reason noted. Forum members just tried to read between the lines. They're being cagey about it for whatever reason.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes sense to me. I think it may also explain why the Cyber Orange 2 door MT that employees were taking pictures with at MAP was riding on 37"s with a 2" lift.
It looks like they think the MT can handle the tires, but trail control can't manage the driver's shifting.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, so help me understand guys.... nothing has changed, correct? You/we cannot get a Sasquatch package with a manual trans still, correct?

I have some donkey on a ford IG Pic that I commented on telling me otherwise...

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

I wouldn’t think that’s the reason, why would trail control be a ‘must have’ for Sasquatch? My manual Rubicon has what I would consider a trail control, if I put it in 1st and keep my foot off the pedals it will crawl over anything within its ability to do so. It will maintain idle speed and will not stall unless a wheel cannot physically rotate. I can have my diff up against a rock and it will just sit there with all 4 tires spinning without stalling.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual Badlands gets 4.7 gears so it’s not gearing, it’s gotta be the trail assist, potentially suspension
Sponsored