Should Ford offer the Manual Bronco to be available with the Sasquatch

• Total voters

L1011

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 4Runner
Not to be negative here, but Ford's debacle with the manual trans on the Mustang is well-documented. Yes, I know the Getrag unit in the new Bronco isn't the same as in the Mustang, but my understanding is it's a variant of the unit used in the Mustang (please correct me if I'm wrong). That said, I don't want to have the same problems Mustang owners are now furiously fighting (suing) Ford over. I really want a base 2-dr manual with Sasquatch (and in Cyber Orange...c'mon Ford, really?!?) but am worried I'll have reliability problems with the manual. I hope Ford offers an excellent warranty on the manual powertrain.

96GreenBronco

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2017 Subaru Forester (6M)
Kind of seems like they have someone trying to limit but they put the effort into providing a stick shift with these trucks (for which I am very grateful) but are limiting the options you can get them. I hope this isn't a self fulfilling prophecy with low sales to kill the manual transmission in a couple years.

I just recently walked away from leasing with Subaru myself since they stopped making the forester with stick, but fortunately this truck will be a major upgrade. Looks sweet with 35s but just don't think I have the $ in budget to go all the way to Badlands so hopefully manual sasquach comes back.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Not to be negative here, but Ford's debacle with the manual trans on the Mustang is well-documented. Yes, I know the Getrag unit in the new Bronco isn't the same as in the Mustang, but my understanding is it's a variant of the unit used in the Mustang (please correct me if I'm wrong). That said, I don't want to have the same problems Mustang owners are now furiously fighting (suing) Ford over. I really want a base 2-dr manual with Sasquatch (and in Cyber Orange...c'mon Ford, really?!?) but am worried I'll have reliability problems with the manual. I hope Ford offers an excellent warranty on the manual powertrain.
Not being a mustang guy, is this trans issue on GTs only or are all 6spds having problems?

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
All the enthusiasts that I know were giddy when we learned about the 7 speed. And we all expected it to be available with the V6. Gee, why would Ford go to the trouble of making a new trans that would only work with one powerplant in one truck? That makes no sense, so we were excited about the 2.7-7speed. Please Ford, add the 7 speed to the 2.7. Most enthusiasts who want to shift it themselves want the 2.7. Sell this combo, and I bet you'll sell a lot more of these than the 2.3 - 7 speed.

BroncoMan13

Base
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson RKS
All the enthusiasts that I know were giddy when we learned about the 7 speed. And we all expected it to be available with the V6. Gee, why would Ford go to the trouble of making a new trans that would only work with one powerplant in one truck? That makes no sense, so we were excited about the 2.7-7speed. Please Ford, add the 7 speed to the 2.7. Most enthusiasts who want to shift it themselves want the 2.7. Sell this combo, and I bet you'll sell a lot more of these than the 2.3 - 7 speed.
The 2.3 is a good engine and has plenty of power for off roading. Ford will release a tuner for the 2.3 just as they did for the Mustang. Many with stage 3 getting 332hp and 400 torque out of it.

My biggest issue is as of now you can only get the Sasquatch package with the Automatic. Thats the biggest head scratcher. It seems like FORD wants to piss everyone off.

None of us in this situation can have our cake and eat it too. The guys who want the 2.7 can't have the Manual and the guys who want the manual can't have the Sasquatch. WTF Ford?????

Munks

Wildtrak
First Name
Angela
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser - 2008
Admin Edit:
Let Ford know in this thread that you'd like to Sasquatch Package to be available with the manual transmission! And also sign this petition for it.

I've seen a lot of people post that they wanted a Sasquatch Package vehicle with a manual transmission. However, it appears that it is an automatic only package. I hadn't read this before, so I am just passing it on, equally as disappointed as others.

Capture.PNG

Petition signed! I've reserved a WildTrak with Sasquatch package and would really like to see that offered in a manual transmission, Ford! Thanks!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler
Yes but we lose the advanced Hoss system, 4.7 final, front and rear lockers, and the flares. Pretty big trade-off if you don't go for the badlands.

Edit: Just saw your trim level.

you can add sasquatch to any model and then you have what is in badlands except for the disconnect.

Advertisement

Advertisement