Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya that they could probably make work...but it sounds like they just packaged it together w/trail control. Really doubt I will miss those features. Again the pidgeonhole options approach kinda gets thrown sideways by manual trans...but at least we got one to choose!
I'm definitely getting one of the dying-breed manuals no matter what, because I'm sure there's a cohort at Ford who wanted it to be auto-trans only.

The unnecessary lumping together of features is a rising trend at Ford. I understand the logic for what dealers can order, but an exception for this model year for reservation holders would be great to see. The trail turn assist is software activated by a button that's already there and probably included with one of the mid, high, lux packages standard.

I don't see where they put those two together as a packaged deal, so I'm still holding out hope.

I want a Lux-Man Bad-Squatch and the Squatch has already been market-eered out. Maybe Levine is just the messenger on that, but whoever made that decision is a tool.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm definitely getting one of the dying-breed manuals no matter what, because I'm sure there's a cohort at Ford who wanted it to be auto-trans only.

The unnecessary lumping together of features is a rising trend at Ford. I understand the logic for what dealers can order, but an exception for this model year for reservation holders would be great to see. The trail turn assist is software activated by a button that's already there and probably included with one of the mid, high, lux packages standard.

I don't see where they put those two together as a packaged deal, so I'm still holding out hope.

I want a Lux-Man Bad-Squatch and the Squatch has already been market-eered out. Maybe Levine is just the messenger on that, but whoever made that decision is a tool.
The more I think about it the more I'm with ya! I mean I'm goin manual no matter what...but if I had trail turn? Imagine the little crop circles I could make out in the woods? Kinda fits w/my area 51 theme! Drop that sucker in crawl gear in 4lo...lockout the wheel and mash the gas!!! HEHE! Like a rutting buck marking his territory!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I think about it the more I'm with ya! I mean I'm goin manual no matter what...but if I had trail turn? Imagine the little crop circles I could make out in the woods? Kinda fits w/my area 51 theme! Drop that sucker in crawl gear in 4lo...lockout the wheel and mash the gas!!! HEHE! Like a rutting buck marking his territory!
@Simmy said it's available on all automatic transmission Broncos which is not a good omen, but what a slap in the face from Ford if it's not available on at least one manual transmission combo.

@lenitech dubbed it "the donut maker" and if I am allowed to have this button by our beloved Ford overlords, then mine is getting a Homer Simpson donut superglued to it!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Simmy said it's available on all automatic transmission Broncos which is not a good omen, but what a slap in the face from Ford if it's not available on at least one manual transmission combo.

@lenitech dubbed it "the donut maker" and if I am allowed to have this button by our beloved Ford overlords, then mine is getting a Homer Simpson donut superglued to it!
So if it really is just a software mod then the $64,000 question is, will Ford unlock the source code? They typically do for engine control, thats how tuners get their code...but this is different...and brings up a whole other line of questions. Do we know what the GOAT computer is really? It's basically the abs module right? Typically they never unlock source for those, but I can't think of a reason why anybody would have asked before now. The software side of the industry is my weak point knowledge wise. But I know there's folks reading this that know way more!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if it really is just a software mod then the $64,000 question is, will Ford unlock the source code? They typically do for engine control, thats how tuners get their code...but this is different...and brings up a whole other line of questions. Do we know what the GOAT computer is really? It's basically the abs module right? Typically they never unlock source for those, but I can't think of a reason why anybody would have asked before now. The software side of the industry is my weak point knowledge wise. But I know there's folks reading this that know way more!
I'm sure they don't want that out there to be modified, but if it's controlled by the ABS or a separate GOAT mode unit, then a manual will have both and it'd be up to Ford to allow it from the factory.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure they don't want that out there to be modified, but if it's controlled by the ABS or a separate GOAT mode unit, then a manual will have both and it'd be up to Ford to allow it from the factory.
Or as a Ford performance software patch that u buy. That would be like printing money!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya thats the stumbling block...they will say abs/vdm or whatever they are calling it is a "safety system" and won't unlock it. Not my 1st rodeo!

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is pure speculation, but based on the available evidence gives me the initial concern that "as originally planned" the Mid, High and Luxury packages could require an automatic transmission and not be available for those that choose a manual stick.

This is not just simply because some features in the package like "remote start" require an automatic transmission, but specifically any of the models that come with a mid package or higher as standard do not have a manual transmission as an option at all. I originally assumed the packages would be available, but without the features that require an automatic transmission.

Click for the comparison PDF

Outer Banks, Wildtrak and First Edition are all prime examples that include a higher than standard "package" in the PDF and are not available in a manual transmission at all. I was looking at it, because I was thinking I would probably go with the Outer Banks model if it allowed for a manual and I began to wonder why there was no manual option.

I'm assuming that the features in a package cannot be added à la carte. I hope I'm wrong, but currently I have a feeling those who choose the manual will be stuck with a lower amount of luxury options simply because they prefer a stick (for example, the larger touchscreen should have nothing to do with the choice of auto or manual transmission).

Hopefully Ford is listening to the manual sasquatch requests, because it could allow for an expanded set of options for manual owners. At the least, it would allow me to add the sasquatch package without a second thought, because I won't have much to choose from beyond accessories.

I understand in the past 10 years manuals have become so rare their is hardly anything left that is created new from the factory that allows for it, but I'm willing to forego any option or luxury to simply drive a stick.

Ford, please give me the option to give you more money.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do kind of feel like this may be the last chance I ever have to order anything new with a manual transmission again. I've only owned a single automatic in my life (current car) due to circumstances beyond my control and I hate it.

I'm going to make the most of it, and order the most as Ford allows. Right now, it's a Big Bend with as many options as possible (maybe a Badlands depending on how the pricing falls) and I'll wait for fully driving cars on my next vehicle if I can't order a stick. I mean, if you are driving an automatic, you might as well let the car do everything else for you, too.
Same here.

I've only driven manual, and while I don't mind driving our Automatic around town or in a pinch, as a daily driver, I don't know if I'll be able to function if I am never able to drive a manual again.

That's one reason why I will cancel my Mach-E reservation, I don't think I can commit not driving a stick.

Sponsored

Deleted member 12854

The reply to the Forum's question was "trail control" which is a low speed cruise control which necessitates an automatic transmission.
Edit: Trail Turn Assist uses "torque vectoring" just like The Focus RS did and it had a manual transmission.

@Lowcountry Bronco - The Mid package description has a caveat on the remote start of "automatic only" which implies that you can get Mid with the manual.
He does it again

Deleted member 12854

I was gonna do base + 2.7L + Sasquatch.
Then I drove the ranger with 10 speed auto and was left soul searching because I hated the 10 speed.
Now with almost certainty of a Sasquatch with manual reality.....I think I have to roll the dice on a Chinese tranny + Sasquatch + black diamond + aftermarket sound system. This is the way

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was gonna do base + 2.7L + Sasquatch.
Then I drove the ranger with 10 speed auto and was left soul searching because I hated the 10 speed.
Now with almost certainty of a Sasquatch with manual reality.....I think I have to roll the dice on a Chinese tranny + Sasquatch + black diamond + aftermarket sound system. This is the way
This is the way
Sponsored