Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found out via a build sheet for the sport that it has an electric aux heater option that will warm via hvac before the engine is warm. I found a post back in Feb mentioning the ptc but have not found anything since. This would be nice to hear for those with the manual who cannot get mid (heated seats). Atleast the cabin would warm up quickly. Does anyone know if this is an option or feature for the big bronco?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronc-OH

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@LEGEND @618TRVLWILD sorry (not sorry)to tag but you two are some of the most informed and helpful here. Have you heard anything regarding this ?

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found out via a build sheet for the sport that it has an electric aux heater option that will warm via hvac before the engine is warm. I found a post back in Feb mentioning the ptc but have not found anything since. This would be nice to hear for those with the manual who cannot get mid (heated seats). Atleast the cabin would warm up quickly. Does anyone know if this is an option or feature for the big bronco?
So I took a screenshot sent it on to the stig. Said check into see what can dig up. Sounds like a super cool handy feature to have!!

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it is really worth it in a gas powered vehicle, they warm up quickly enough that you will never really use it. With a diesel on the other hand, it is definitely a great option to have.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-OH

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think it is really worth it in a gas powered vehicle, they warm up quickly enough that you will never really use it. With a diesel on the other hand, it is definitely a great option to have.
Yea, I have had no problem in v'6/8 but a aluminum inline 4 might take a while to get warm. My Jetta GLI certainly did... I see they have it on the bronco sport, makes you wonder why it was needed/Included there. I need to see if its included in the 2.3 anywhere else... (Ranger, Explorer, Rs)

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is strange if the sport has one. I've never noticed it beyond the diesel superduty trucks. I like the concept and I'd be interested in one even on a gasser.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yea, I have had no problem in v'6/8 but a aluminum inline 4 might take a while to get warm. My Jetta GLI certainly did... I see they have it on the bronco sport, makes you wonder why it was needed/Included there. I need to see if its included in the 2.3 anywhere else... (Ranger, Explorer, Rs)
The 2.3L warms up quick. Honestly all of the aluminum-blocked engines I've had have warmed up faster than my iron-blocked ones.

OP
OP
Bronc-OH

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2.3L warms up quick. Honestly all of the aluminum-blocked engines I've had have warmed up faster than my iron-blocked ones.
That's good to know, maybe I'm a little scorn from the Jetta lol.
Sponsored