Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone order their Bronco with the block heater? I haven't seen anyone comment on it effecting their ordering process (delay?), nor the use of good/bad. I included it on my order because...well I ordered what I wanted. From the days of having a Cummins, it sure was nice to have your engine start up with warm coolant.

I'll probably drop it though. I could see it as a constraint that isn't discussed because so few people order it. Ford has worn me down enough that I'm gradually stripping away items that are wants.
Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dropped hard top and got scheduled real quick. I have the block heater

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have it. It works great in single digit temperatures. Don't compromise what options you want.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered it. Despite having several constraints on my order it was scheduled extremely quickly.
I wouldn't worry about it being a pinch point on your order - your dealer's allocation is probably a bigger concern.

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easier to get it from the factory than to punch out a freeze plug and do it later.

Wish they'd run a Kat's oilpan, tranny and battery warmer from the factory, but I'll do that later.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had all the sins except the V6. Don't need it in CA but I do spend time in WY. Got mine in October, order what you want rather than settle for less

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here in AB Canada I think almost all vehicles come with them, it was just included in my build by default, and I kept it plugged in most of December since we hit some double digit negative temps here. The thing I didn't like was that you have to pop the hood to plug it in so I'm running a 3' extension from the block heater plug to the grill so it's easy to plug in.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here in AB Canada I think almost all vehicles come with them, it was just included in my build by default, and I kept it plugged in most of December since we hit some double digit negative temps here. The thing I didn't like was that you have to pop the hood to plug it in so I'm running a 3' extension from the block heater plug to the grill so it's easy to plug in.
It is in an odd spot, but at least the cap is nicely anchored and easily accessible. I haven’t used mine yet but will go with the three-footer as well when need be.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford is ridiculous. Do they seriously think people like spending extra time in the cold fiddling with their hood? If it's cold enough to plug in, then it's cold enough that I don't wanna be messing around. I just don't understand why they couldn't route a longer cord through one of the bumper openings.

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered it. Despite having several constraints on my order it was scheduled extremely quickly.
I wouldn't worry about it being a pinch point on your order - your dealer's allocation is probably a bigger concern.
Being at SAC, I know allocations are the real kick in the pants.

Good to hear folks about the block heater not seeming like a constraint. We don't get that cold around here, but I do plan on traveling with the Bronco in the coming years in colder climates.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Never had a block heater in any vehicle but ordered it with my bronco. I don’t need it in Virginia but with the slow drain down (engine oil) it will come in handy when changing my oil.

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone order their Bronco with the block heater? I haven't seen anyone comment on it effecting their ordering process (delay?), nor the use of good/bad. I included it on my order because...well I ordered what I wanted. From the days of having a Cummins, it sure was nice to have your engine start up with warm coolant.

I'll probably drop it though. I could see it as a constraint that isn't discussed because so few people order it. Ford has worn me down enough that I'm gradually stripping away items that are wants.
I got it on my OBX and did not affect anything ! I should have mine OBX next week

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have it on my order. Of all the lists posted of constraint parts and options, I have never seen the block heater make the list.
Sponsored