Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This right here is exactly right. We were more excited about the Bronco due to Stig than Fords hired marketing company. Ford could have save so much money just hiring Stig to do what he did.....instead he is up for review.
Or maybe not making an effort to identify and move him? They needed to be following the forum, realizing the reaction and bought him a better phone.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just would love for all of us to say a little something about how those pictures would keep us wanting more. The times were bleak.. things were slow. We had a hero with a potato. I know, what we did was not exactly right! Just know what we did was for the right reasons and not the wrong. We werenā€™t spies. We werenā€™t trying to hurt Ford. We wanted to help. Help everyone stay interested and excited.
It really did truly make people happy.

šŸ„”šŸ“šŸšŸ¤ 
The Stig is currently under review. He was put on leave for his actions. (MAP rules were violated some action is understandable) Now the review is coming up. They have asked about all the positive reinforcement the information had on all of us! Again I canā€™t thank you all enough as a community.
Itā€™s crazy to think how excited we all were when some new real pictures showed up. Itā€™s still hard to believe that B & P is still not operational with better colors after almost a year. Perhaps Ford would be better off spending time reviewing the work of the rockstars rather than that of the Stig.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In a year devoid of hope, joy, and reason, there were precious few things that could be counted on to reliably provide consistent smiles. The Stig was one of those rare entities that could instantly shift the mood and remind us that there really was a Bronco out there somewhere and it was more beautiful than weā€™d remembered (even in low resolution). Those pictures kept us engaged, enthralled even, and carried the excitement during what would have otherwise been an intolerable drought of information and imagery. (A drought that could easily have led many of us to forget why we love this vehicle so much more than the available alternatives).

To remove the Stig would be to remove the very soul of the community you claim you want to create. He is the adventurer clamoring to share the joy of this burgeoning icon with the world in a way so many of us can still only dream of doing. He is all of us, and we are forever in his debt.

Some say his potato has 8 Goes Over Any Type of Terabytes modes and functions without a lens. All we know is heā€™s called the Stig!

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Think of all the friendships and bonds you have made with other members of this communityā€¦that wouldnā€™t even be possible if not for Stig keeping us all focused on Broncos. Now thatā€™s not even a vehicle/product thing anymoreā€¦.

3353D8AE-B4DE-49E5-9156-72472D26DDC2.jpeg

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

šŸ‘‘ !!! All Hail the Stig !!! šŸ‘‘

I said this once before, and I will say it again. The Stig saved more Bronco reservations from being cancelled in December 2020 and January 2021 than the entire marketing department of Jackson Dawson Communications.

February 3, 2021:
Thank you for linking the prior thread. All Hail The Stig, indeed.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Think of all the friendships and bonds you have made with other members of this communityā€¦that wouldnā€™t even be possible if not for Stig keeping us all focused on Broncos. Now thatā€™s not even a vehicle/product thing anymoreā€¦.
You are so right!! I canā€™t wait to meet some of you sums-a-beaches in real life!! šŸ¤ šŸ¤˜šŸ»šŸ‘ŠšŸ»

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Stig and his potato was one of the best things about this forum. Ford should promote the Stig, his posts brought excitement when Ford used the silent treatment on the 100k reservation holders.

Edit:
@Ford Motor Company, you need to hire @618TRVLWILD to be on your marketing team. She is passionate about the Bronco and spreads positivity.

Last edited:

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When there was the typical no comms from Ford and photos didn't exist of actual broncos that weren't renders on B&P, Stig came through. Those weren't the highest quality pictures, but they were glorious. Review your top production company, not this guy that was promoting your product.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would even go so far as to say that every single person who got on this bronco train late last year, is either still here, or hasn't gotten off the train because of those pictures and info. Up to that point, it was a nifty experiment where I plunked down $100 for the hell of it. That point until January when I placed my order 1000% sealed the deal.

To look at natural buzz that in no way violated any trade secrets and then shoot it in the face is what leads to the mess that was that YouTube round table today.

The sooner that Ford realizes what they have on their hands, the better. They have the thing that every manufacturer would kill for.

Enthusiasts with money.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Indeed! If you are trying to label it as trouble, it is what has been called "Good Trouble". What he did kept the flame alive in many of us as we scraped for bits and pieces of information to build our own Bronco dreams. For a while I honestly believed it was an internal 'tool' Ford was using to give us all a little hope when things could not be as "official".

I am certain that there are a good number of orders that can be attributed to the pics many of us were able to see that kept us interested, particularly in a time when all the world around us seemed be going to pieces at a rapid pace. Trust us, those pictures were worth a lot more than whatever that army of plaid-shirted minions were ever going to be able to communicate.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stig sold Broncos.
The pictures I showed anyone who would listen came from him, not Ford.
He created good will for Ford, and they should recognize there hasnā€™t been a lot of good will from Ford concerning the Bronco.