First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The community of Ford Bronco enthusiasts who use this forum might be a small number of the total number of people who intend to buy Broncos, but Stig's contributions at a time when those excited customers had nothing to go off of were so very exciting for the community. His contributions were exciting and really amped up many of us for the coon-to-come Bronco!

Perhaps some information wasn't what Ford wanted straight out to the public, however, he made SO MANY customers happy!!!!

I would like to thank him for his help during the ramp-up process as Ford was steering the titanic towards the iceberg.

They did an excellent job of hitting the iceberg without Sig on board, but he should be allowed back into his humble workplace as it sinks!

@618TRVLWILD, is this where you would like us to upload our favorite potato pictures Stig sent us via text or on the forum?

Edit: Post updated with pic and story:

I fondly remember when his potato was splashed all over my face and the excitement of Cactus Gray was dashed forever as it devolved into looking like interior walls of a value-priced apartment dwelling.

While I hated that moment, Stig had performed a great service in helping me understand how terrible Cactus Gray was going to be and it ensured that my Bronco order would be in a color I really enjoyed.
Ranger in Cactus.jpg

And what Ford had given us as the color up to that point:
IMG_4335-scaled.jpg

Really, Ford? :unsure:

Really? šŸ˜¢

Yea, really. šŸ¤¬
Pure poetry...
Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford sends an email: 'Stay Pumped!' (doesn't work)

The Stig takes some photos: We Get Pumped! (ok, more like tons of photos....)

Maybe Ford needs to review all the things The Stig did to get us Pumped! Were rules bended or broken, possibly, but The Stig created a buzz for the Bronco that cannot and will not be matched ever again!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll keep this short as I'm not a man of many words... Well aside from the daily non-information we get from Ford that pisses me off!

STIG filled a much needed void during a time when excitement was fading. From what we saw and heard from Ford... Nothing was going anywhere. The countless tweets Levine put out were extremely vague and non-committal. The aggravation was growing amongst the community. Stig.. Gave us a little taste of what should have been public info from Ford many months before.

Sure I'll admit, after owning multiple FSB's in the past, I was all in from about 4 years ago. But without STIG and his fuzzy pics, I guarantee that many who were on the shelf, would certainly have walked if not for his contributions.

Being a member of this forum for over 2 years, and a lurker for a good year before that, I can say we had a few members that seemed to come as another left. Each one of them played an important role to keep things going. So much so, that with each new "inside guy", most of us figured they were just Ford plants! Probably the best move that Ford never made was to have people like the Stig doing what they did.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I must say. Yā€™all know how to make a girl feel warm an fuzzy! Their isnā€™t a day that goes by that I donā€™t feel 100% guilty for what has happened to the Stig. Some days I wish, I could go back in time & keep all the pictures to myself. I know if I had he would still be working. Thatā€™s one thing I never want to jeopardize is another person livelihood.
Then on the other hand, seeing how happy those pictures made everyone. That made us both happy. I really hope the people reviewing his case have a heart. It truly was never meant to be a bad thing. Maybe I did take it a little to far. That will always be on me. I just hope heā€™s reinstated soon. I know he misses it!

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I donā€™t post a lot here, but have spent many hours on this forum for the last year. It gave me something to look forward to, when we were in the COVID depression. Maybe we are still in this depressing COVID situation.

I am not sure if Stigs actions were in a gray area or a distinct infraction, but show some lenience here. I say take all the dollars allocated to Jackson Dawson and reallocate to Stig! He has added way more value to the Bronco brand than that third party.

Sponsored

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get rules are rules and some were bent. But, considering how poorly Ford has handled the Bronco role out, rather than punish Stig and Ashley they should embrace their commitment to enthusiasts who buy their products.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stig, I came here a lonely Bronco fan-boy (errr, fan old-man) ostracized and exiled from the Bronco Facebook communities for my frequent posts of all-news Bronco and unveiled contempt for the ā€œBroncoā€ Sport (aka the ā€œBSā€). I stumbled upon B6G and found in it not only a community of welcoming fellow Bronco enthusiasts, but one with genuine ties to people who knew and were willing to share some of the ā€œbehind the scenesā€ information that one couldnā€™t find anywhere else. I came for the community, Stig - but I stayed for what you brought to it.

Its been a long journey. Longer for many others; and still it is far from over. I canā€™t help but think I am not the only one who came and stayed because of your contributions. You didnā€™t just do the Bronco community here at B6G a service, you did FORD a service. You kept people like us interested, excited, and ā€œpumpedā€ for Broncos we wouldnā€™t wind up seeing for a year (and more) from reservation date. How many would have cancelled their orders long ago if it hadnā€™t been for this community? A community you helped build.

Stig, Ford should be in your debt. I know I am. I think we all are.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The time has come for the community to be called upon to support The Stig. We relied on The Stig and Miss Ashley when information wasn't as forthcoming from Ford and their marketing partner. We were seeking answers to a myriad of questions and those questions fell on deaf ears until The Stig filled that void with answers to those questions. The Stig served as a conduit to the community and now it is time to convey a message of support on behalf of their efforts.

DSCF0905.JPG

For those that have been on this long journey, The Stig needs no explanation. For those that have recently joined the community, perhaps @Administrator can supply a few links to support the body of work of The Stig.
Freeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddoooooooiommmmmmmmahhhhhhh.

Sorry, wasn't sure what more needed to be said.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having been in the corporate world and currently owning my own firm, there is a drastic difference in understanding the power of social marketing. Too often we think of large corporations as controlling they're own direction, when in fact it's just individual choices at varying levels. Sometimes these individuals develope a power complex without stepping back to look at the big picture (so tied up in their 5 year plan). What the Stig did for Ford was $100k in free marketing. Very effective marketing at that. What should have been done is invited the marketing group in for Bronco and coordinated his brilliant work.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope and pray Ford returns The Stig to his post and he gets back to work! I would go further to say that The Stig and @618TRVLWILD did more than sell Broncos, you both single handedly prevented hundreds of people from losing interest and staying with their Bronco reservation and following through with their order.

The Stigā€™s pictures helped so many people decide on their color and trim! I remember how excited our entire community would get to see that Rapid Red shining under the lights, or how everyone clamored for a glimpse of Antimatter Blue.

Stig never had any bad intent and I know none of us ever wanted him or anyone else to get disciplined or potentially lose a career just because we thirsted after a shimmer of hope and light in the pictures he provided! Thank you Stig, thank you Ashley, and thank you Ford for having a heart and doing the right thing in returning Stig to work!

Last edited:

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the live Q&A tonight it was mentioned that Ford tries to understand the pulse of their customer base.

Well, Stig was at the heart of what made us pulse after getting hoodwinked with reveal night nothing burgers (I'm looking at you BYOD rail).

I know I eagerly anticipated every photo. He provided clarity. Damn good potato quality clarity. He was our conduit to ask (and actually get some answers) to the plethora of unanswered questions.

Where was Ford? Where was Fake Nation? *Crickets*

Stig deserves a suspended sentence. Rules are rules after all. BUT, Stig deserves back pay and a raise.

And if @Ford Motor Company had half a brain they should onboard Stig AND Ashley as advisory chairs to steer the marketing campaign. Real enthusiasm. Wanting to do right by us fanatics.

Make no mistake, Stig sold Broncos.

I hate that this feels like a damn obit, when it should be exactly the opposite!
Long live the Stig! And thank you Ashley!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must say. Yā€™all know how to make a girl feel warm an fuzzy! Their isnā€™t a day that goes by that I donā€™t feel 100% guilty for what has happened to the Stig. Some days I wish, I could go back in time & keep all the pictures to myself. I know if I had he would still be working. Thatā€™s one thing I never want to jeopardize is another person livelihood.
Then on the other hand, seeing how happy those pictures made everyone. That made us both happy. I really hope the people reviewing his case have a heart. It truly was never meant to be a bad thing. Maybe I did take it a little to far. That will always be on me. I just hope heā€™s reinstated soon. I know he misses it!
Donā€™t do that Ashley. You didnā€™t do anything wrong. Stig got caught up in a corporate mess full of suits and lawyers who basically kill the fun out of everything to their own peril yet never learn.

It is beyond unfortunate what happened to Stig, but he knew there were risks, but he had a passion and pride for that Bronco to the point where he couldnā€™t contain it. Weā€™ve all benefitted in the process and honestly, so has Ford.

If there is a case, I hope a judge can see the other side of the benefit that Ford has gotten due to this manā€™s ā€œcovertā€ yet non-malicious acts to share what he saw as a killer off roader that he wanted everyone to share in that love.

Just think about that shit; love. It may sound crazy to some, screw them, but we love this Bronco. Weā€™ve always loved the old ones, but Ford has designed (not yet built) a new one that stirs the passion to get out there and after it.

Iā€™m rambling now, guess we all are, but I donā€™t want Ashley or Stig to feel any guilt, you were helping, period!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the time I have been part of this community I have seen members come and go, spreading tidbits of info here and there and then disappear, never to be heard from again. When it came to Stig it was different, getting those tidbits in photo form, see it for yourself kinda' way. It made it much more real. As the others have said I am sure he saved many reservation from being cancelled by giving the info needed as some have a hard time with describing something, it is better for them to "see" it.

The way I see it, his contribution was more important, in many ways, than those who would just come here and post info. It kept the forum in a much better light with many looking forward to what info we could get next.
Sponsored