First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m back, I picked up another bronco after I unloaded my first edition for a gen 3 raptor. After the raptor being a giant POS I picked up a baby max Sierra which I love. I got the itch for another bronco and found a great deal on a slightly used one local. It’s a 2023 2d SAS BL AG 2.7 Lux with 4000 miles for $55000. I love the 2 door compared to my 4 dr FE and I now understand why all the 2dr guys talk smack. After a few months of ownership I noticed drips on the inside (pics below). I figured they would just reseal the windows and call it a day, well they just called and said they’re gonna order me a new top. Pretty crazy considering it’s not even 1 year old. Makes me worry for the future if it can’t last a year.

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0609.jpeg
Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Beautiful rig and sounds like ya got a good deal. Congrats on the new top. I should probably check to make sure mine doesnt leak there.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm currently waiting for an entirely new top on my 4 door. Leaks between the middle panel and ear shell. Dealer tried twice to replace the weather seal but it didn't work.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m back, I picked up another bronco after I unloaded my first edition for a gen 3 raptor. After the raptor being a giant POS I picked up a baby max Sierra which I love. I got the itch for another bronco and found a great deal on a slightly used one local. It’s a 2023 2d SAS BL AG 2.7 Lux with 4000 miles for $55000. I love the 2 door compared to my 4 dr FE and I now understand why all the 2dr guys talk smack. After a few months of ownership I noticed drips on the inside (pics below). I figured they would just reseal the windows and call it a day, well they just called and said they’re gonna order me a new top. Pretty crazy considering it’s not even 1 year old. Makes me worry for the future if it can’t last a year.

Ford Bronco Surprise, New Top IMG_0609

Ford Bronco Surprise, New Top IMG_0609
I've now had my 2 Door Badsquatch/2.7/lux for 2 years with no top issues or leaks...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your top look Like this:

Ford Bronco Surprise, New Top 1704400794295

It is a known 6g fact that tops will spontaneously crack in this location.

If they are replacing your top I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it. There are tens of thousands of hard tops running around without any leaks.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After they replace it store it away and get a Bestop, it's by far the best mod I've done.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are so hit and miss. My over 2 year old top has been great. (Knock on wood).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If a dealer offered you $20k more than you paid for your bronco and a F-150 Raptor at MSRP would you be happy? I’m pretty happy, it’s unfortunate my raptor was a lemon but I’m real happy in my GMC babymax. I wanted another bronco for a summer toy/winter vehicle for my wife.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve thought about that. It’s nice having the hardtop for winter though.
Glad to see ya back in the fold! (for a few months, LOL)

I have a 4dr Badlands softie now (.... and the 2dr Base still).
The softie is so nice for convenience on these things. We drop the top FAR more often than we do with the 2dr. No need to be home to lift the shell and store it ... just flip flip fold ... done.

2dr soft top is now much higher on my priority list, but as you noted, the MIC is nice for winter.... I think. Haven't been through winter with this soft top 4dr yet! LOL

Having an auto with the heated seats, which allows for remote start/warm up is THE SHIT so far this winter though !!!
Sponsored