_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A rat or mouse ate the s--t out of my ex-wife's Mini Cooper seven or eight years ago. Luckily no wires, but it absolutely destroyed the interior.
Sponsored

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yea well food and drink are forbidden in mine also but l manage to find a McDonald's fry or 2 floating around under seats.šŸ˜‚

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a couple in my super duty. When my kids were still in cars seats yea it was like a old country buffet for them sons of bitches. Took awhile and traps every night for about 2 weeks to get them all out. We now have cats in the garage and in the house and have dramatically reduced the population.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And I can't make this shit up my daughter found him first and she is quite the animal lover and had I don't know if you guys know what mini brands are. So this is what I came home to.she yells out hey dad come quick look what I did. šŸ˜‚
Ford Bronco Surprise Rat Intrusion! IMG_9576

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like dirt mountain rat damage to me ;)

OP
OP
guyparker

guyparker

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '21 Base Sas & '22 Big Bend Sas 4-drs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never been so happy to have a neighborhood full of stray cats -- ruthless little hunters they are. Sorry for the headaches OP, hope your wire loom isn't too mangled šŸ„²
Thanks, I think we caught it before they did irreparable damage. Fingers crossed.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds silly buy "Bounce" brand dryer sheets do wonders. At least with mice. Not sure on rats.

We had issues at our cottage in the house and pole barn where I kept my Mustang and my dad kept his Z. Heard this trick and and thought it was b.s. but worth the cheap try. Stuffed the dryer sheets all around the walls in the crawl space; around the perimeter of the pole barn and in the cars when stored. Never had another issue and kept the the car smelling great too. I swear by them now.
I double-down while my car is stored for the winter: dryer sheets and a couple bars of Irish Spring soap. I haven't had a rodent problem in the 10 years since I started doing that.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a little home remedy that we use on the farm for medium to large rodents...
Ingredients:
Peanut Butter
Quikrete Mortar Mix (1002)

Instructions:
Mix Peanut butter and Mortar mix at a 2:1 ratio and form a dozen or so quarter sized balls of the mixture (Refrigerate any left over 'dough'). Lay a hand full out each day where rodent traffic is observed. Remove any hardened balls periodically and replace with fresh. If mixed properly, they'll stay soft enough to eat for a day or two.

Sit back and practice your Dr. Evil laugh.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These homemade bucket traps work great and catch multiple intruders before it requires attention. A little peanut butter on the bottle. About 5 or 6 inches of water in the bucket.
Ford Bronco Surprise Rat Intrusion! 20181209_111937

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I can't make this shit up my daughter found him first and she is quite the animal lover and had I don't know if you guys know what mini brands are. So this is what I came home to.she yells out hey dad come quick look what I did. šŸ˜‚
ROTFLMAO!!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really sucks to have that happen. Hopefully you can get rid of them without much problems.

I also had a rodent intrusion on my Bronco, but slightly different.

I did the first oil change on my Bronco last Saturday and found this when I removed the skid plate...

...just a head.
OP should get one of these and display it in a shadow box next to the Bronco...just to show them what he is capable of.

In all sincerity, best of luck. I haven't had to deal with it here, but have heard Irish Spring soap and dryer sheets work most of the time, but can't confirm it.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I suppose different kinds of rodents have their own weaknesses. What works on one kind might not do anything on another.

In AZ we get packrats (I think they call them woodrats in other parts of the country?). They got into my F-150 the first month I had it, chewing through the washer fluid hose. I had to pull the entire headlight assembly out to reach that area to fix it. Iā€™ve tried a bunch of different strategies under the hood. Irish Spring soap? Packrats eat that stuff. Dryer sheets? They use it to build their nests!

Traps donā€™t help, because we have to park outside. Poisons are out, because you end up poisoning the whole food chain. Cats? Well, they become part of that same food chain. The only thing that really seems to work is to keep things lit up, but that can be a chore.

I recently found out about this Rid-a-Rat device (donā€™t know why Iā€™d never heard of it before) that people seem to swear by. Itā€™s a little mini-strobe light that you mount under the hood, and you can wire it to the vehicle battery, or thereā€™s a battery-powered one. (There was a similar device from Amazon mentioned above) I installed it the first week we had the Bronco (early January), and so far so good - but the packrats arenā€™t very active this time of year, so weā€™ll seeā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: