RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s a convertible….. in a 50mph crosswind. Come on people. What do you expect?
I expect it to not allow water or snow inside, even in adverse conditions. Just like every other convertible I've ever owned.
Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had snow somehow come through my closed apartment windows during a Michigan blizzard once so snow sneaking through soft top windows doesn’t really surprise me. Soft tops aren’t meant for extreme weather

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Moisture will find a way through anything. A soft top has no chance against a blizzard. The vehicle should have been sheltered from the elements. That would be like me in a hurricane with a soft top. Why? Next up. Testing my Bronco in a California Wild Fire.......Stay Tuned.
The Bronco is built tough. When you have a Bronco, you can go anywhere. You can drive up the side of a mountain. You can jump over a sand dune. You drive through a river. You can....you can....wait...what's that? Is that....is that snow?

HURRY! WE HAVE TO GET THE BRONCO INSIDE THE HEATED GARAGE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! OMG! Why does this garage door open so slowly? wth is this crap that's blocking my way? KIDS! How many times have I told you to NOT to leave your BIKES laying around in the DRIVEWAY?! Cheryl, get the towels! Get the towels! Get the towels! There is moisture all over the Bronco, and its going to find a way in!

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s a convertible….. in a 50mph crosswind. Come on people. What do you expect?
Funny, the aftermarket snap on soft top that I have on my 87 4runner doesn't leak a drop of water or snow. The same one I had on my K5 didn't leak either. This from an OEM is beyond unacceptable.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I park mine in a 65 degree heated garage for a reason.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco is built tough. When you have a Bronco, you can go anywhere. You can drive up the side of a mountain. You can jump over a sand dune. You drive through a river. You can....you can....wait...what's that? Is that....is that snow?

HURRY! WE HAVE TO GET THE BRONCO INSIDE THE HEATED GARAGE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! OMG! Why does this garage door open so slowly? wth is this crap that's blocking my way? KIDS! How many times have I told you to NOT to leave your BIKES laying around in the DRIVEWAY?! Cheryl, get the towels! Get the towels! Get the towels! There is moisture all over the Bronco, and its going to find a way in!
Tell your wife Cheryl to read my statement to you. The comment was directed at the soft top not the Bronco body. Reading is fundamental kids.

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tell your wife Cheryl to read my statement to you. The comment was directed at the soft top not the Bronco body. Reading is fundamental kids.
Agreed.

You really didn't realize that my fictional character was panicking because he was afraid the snow would get into his soft top? Why on earth did you think that I was talking about the body? Snow getting past the soft top is quite literally the sole topic of this entire thread so it should have been obvious.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People keep saying "iTS a cOnVeRTiBle"...does this happen to jeeps?

Jeep designers be like...

tenor.gif

Objectively speaking... There seems to be an issue.

Soft top sucks. Hard top sucks.

Ford must have designed this thing at Mardi Gras because they clearly want you topless all the time...

tenor.gif

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, I definitely will be buying the @ADV Fiberglass one piece top when I finally get my Bronco.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm really not trying to be an a-hole, but the video kind of looks like your window was partially cracked? Confirm?

Ford Bronco Video: Snow intrusion into my soft top Bronco interior during blizzard ❄️💨 2022-02-02_9-34-23

OP
OP

BroncoCanuck

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm really not trying to be an a-hole, but the video kind of looks like your window was partially cracked? Confirm?

Ford Bronco Video: Snow intrusion into my soft top Bronco interior during blizzard ❄️💨 2022-02-02_9-34-23
no worries! Others thought the same. All windows were definitely fully up, I think someone mentioned in a previous message if you go frame by frame it’s clear it drops when the door open and goes back up. I haven’t watched the video frame by frame but I can confirm everything Was rolled up, the mid point latches on the top were latched and all the doors were shut and the top was not off for the purpose of making a video :D. I think I covered most of the questions and concerns others had.

as for the break in the snow that you can see in the video and screenshot - someone mentioned the snow didn’t stick to the rubber seal and I think they are right. I know I’m just some guy on the internet but you’ll have to try and trust me. I wasn’t trying to make the bronco look shitty I was posting looking for advice to remedy the situation and see if others felt this might be a warranty/ford thing in terms of recourse.

this was a once in a year blizzard so not a game breaker for the soft top for me but definitely disappointing.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford just go ahead and throw this over priced piece of work in the next "swag" box....

1643725013179.png
I think that this does not fit if the soft top is installed (open or closed)
Sponsored